Port times

Cruising89143

Wondering when Viking will post the arrival and departure times for each port?

I hope they don't go the way of many Carnival Corp. brands by publishing "Full Day", "Full Day and Evening", "Afternoon & Evening", etc. etc. instead of actual arrival and departure times. It's silly and prevents these brands from coming under any scrutiny if an exact schedule is not kept.

I don't think it would be a wise decision for a destination based cruise line where people really want to plan every hour onshore.

Ernie

I was wondering the same thing. The only mention of times on our itinerary is that we will be in port in Istanbul until midnight. I hope all our ports are late. My husband is excited to finally be on a cruise where we don't have to be up and out by 8:00 a.m. to meet a driver in order to be back to the ship by 4:00 p.m. sail away.

Hopefully, they will post port times soon. Port times are generally not posted on the river cruises I have been on because you are at the mercy of the locks a lot of the time, so a totally different thing.

• 3 weeks later...
Hopefully, they will post port times soon. Port times are generally not posted on the river cruises I have been on because you are at the mercy of the locks a lot of the time, so a totally different thing.

Viking just sent me a 5 page doc called oceans at a Glance for the Viking Homelands cruise and included the port times. Call them and ask for one for your cruise.Location Country Arrival Departure Included Shorex Duration

Bergen Norway Embark Overnight Turnaround Day

Bergen Norway 18:00 Bergen Walking Tour 2½ hours

Flåm Norway 07:30 15:00 Panoramic Flåm and Mtn Lodge 3 hours

Stavanger Norway 08:00 14:00 Gamle Stavanger Walking Tour 1½ hours

Aalborg Denmark 12:30 21:00 Aalborg Walking Tour 3 hours

Copenhagen Denmark 08:30 22:00 Copenhagen City Tour 3 hours

Warnemünde (Berlin) Germany 06:00 18:30 Berlin Panoramic & Freetime 12 hours

Gdynia (Gdansk) Poland 13:00 23:59 Gdansk City Tour 4½ hours

At Sea At Sea

Tallinn Estonia 07:00 16:00 Old Town Walking Tour 4 hours

Saint Petersburg Russian Federation 07:00 Overnight St. Petersburg Panoramic 3½ hours

Saint Petersburg Russian Federation 18:00

Helsinki Finland 07:00 16:00 Helsinki City Tour 3 hours

Stockholm Sweden 09:00 Overnight Stockholm City Tour 2 hours

Stockholm Sweden Disembark Turnaround Day

Location Country Arrival Departure Included Shorex Duration

Stockholm Sweden

Viking just sent me a 5 page doc called oceans at a Glance for the Viking Homelands cruise and included the port times. Call them and ask for one for your cruise.

Will definitely call. If you don't mind my asking, was it a paper doc or electronic? What else is in it?

Curious whether you are booked on Viking Homelands or got the doc for interest.

-- roy --

Will definitely call. If you don't mind my asking, was it a paper doc or electronic? What else is in it?

I called Viking today for information about the "At a Glance" brochure. Soli was very helpful. I gave my booking number and he immediately emailed me the documents for the two cruises that make up my Scandinavia to Spain cruise. Each brochure has the following sections.

1. Nice map of the cruise route
  2. Itinerary including arrival and departure times and included shorex with duration for each port
  3. "Key selling points" and average temperatures for ports
  4. Detailed itinerary with major features of each port

It is a nice supplement. Give them a call to get your copy.

• 3 years later...

I just booked a Viking Ocean cruise and my itinerary has arrival and departure times listed for every port including embarkation and disembarkation. Maybe this is something new. :)

Look like this thread is 3 years old. So its not really new now. ;)

I called Viking today for information about the "At a Glance" brochure. Soli was very helpful. I gave my booking number and he immediately emailed me the documents for the two cruises that make up my Scandinavia to Spain cruise. Each brochure has the following sections.

1. Nice map of the cruise route
  2. Itinerary including arrival and departure times and included shorex with duration for each port
  3. "Key selling points" and average temperatures for ports
  4. Detailed itinerary with major features of each port

It is a nice supplement. Give them a call to get your copy.

Before you get on the phone, try this link to the Viking website to download a detailed itinerary. I think this may contain what you are looking for.

I just booked a Viking Ocean cruise and my itinerary has arrival and departure times listed for every port including embarkation and disembarkation. Maybe this is something new. :)

I booked one 3 weeks ago and it had the itinerary times listed also on the confirmation from Viking and travel agent after I made a deposit. Someone I know booked a cruise last week and they received itinerary times.

Keep in mind that sometimes port times change after the itineraries are announced, and Viking won't owe us anything if they do. It's part of cruising.

Before you get on the phone, try this link to the Viking website to download a detailed itinerary. I think this may contain what you are looking for.

That's a great link. Thanks. But the new 2018 itineraries don't show yet -- I suspect they haven't finalized the times this early.

That's a great link. Thanks. But the new 2018 itineraries don't show yet -- I suspect they haven't finalized the times this early.

Update: I was able to find the port times in MyVikingJourney, so 2018 isn't too far out!