Sorry - another elite question

SeaGal

Going on my first cruise with elite status soon and after reading a lot of threads about the elite status, I did not find an answer to my question:

I am elite status and travelling with my adult daughter who is not, but we are booked in the same cabin. Will her seapass card indicate she is elite or classic?

My reason for asking is to know if she will be treated as elite and be able to have a specialty coffee at the elite breakfast without me, or will I need to attend the breakfast with her?

Going on my first cruise with elite status soon and after reading a lot of threads about the elite status, I did not find an answer to my question:

I am elite status and travelling with my adult daughter who is not, but we are booked in the same cabin. Will her seapass card indicate she is elite or classic?

My reason for asking is to know if she will be treated as elite and be able to have a specialty coffee at the elite breakfast without me, or will I need to attend the breakfast with her?

Your daughter's sea pass will reflect her status which is classic.

Whether or not she will be permitted to join you remains to be seen.

Perhaps someone else can help in that regard.

I can tell you that when I sail with a non-Elite friend, their card reflects their level. However since they are booked in my cabin, they can attend with me. I am not sure if they can alone.

I'm wondering, actually- are children of Elite members allowed at the Elite breakfast if I wanted to stop by? I wouldn't bring him to the cocktail hour even if that was allowed.

I'm not sure there is any set rule on children at the elite breakfast. My gut tells me that if they really are kids including young teens in your cabin, they would be welcome...but if they are in another cabin, who knows...but if it's attached to your cabin....well, you get the idea....many variables. On the other hand if your kids are in their 20's, that would be a whole different situation.

I suspect this will be up to the captain's club host/hostess on board who will look at your kids, decide they are delightful and say OK.

Whoever is in your cabin with you will be welcome to the Elite functions. Best for her to go in with you at first. As the host may get to know her eventually, she may be able to enter later than you if needed.

Her card will reflect her status. Go to see the Capt. Club Host/Hostess on embarkation day and an "Elite" sticker will be put on her card. She can then attend all Elite functions. She will not get Elite coupons. This was our experience on Century in January.

I stayed in suites prior to earning elite, and my seapass had no status, but was silver for suite status. for elite breakfast I had a separate white pre-printed plastic card with dates to use to access, i travelled as a single, but they did leave 2 cards. Same as a room key but plain white with plain black printing.

I wonder if they provide these for guests without status in same cabin with elites?

From the celebrity website:

Celebrity is pleased to offer the Captain's Club Lounge, exclusively for Elite members and their stateroom/suite companions each morning and early evening. This lounge offers a casual coffeehouse-style experience in the morning, with complimentary espressos, teas and other menu items, along with a variety of reading materials.

Celebrity is pleased to offer the Captain's Club Lounge, exclusively for Elite members and their stateroom/suite companions each morning and early evening. This lounge offers a casual coffeehouse-style experience in the morning, with complimentary espressos, teas and other menu items, along with a variety of reading materials.

Great news. Also traveling with DD as new Elite member and was not aware that she would be welcome. Thanx

As long as your friends are in the same stateroom there is no problem bringing them to the Elite event. If they are in separate staterooms, there is liable to be a problem,as that is against the rules.

On an earlier question, children can come to the breakfast, but not the cocktail party. The instructions you get regarding the events clearly states that the evening event is for age 21+

We were on the Solstice two weeks ago. Our dining tablemates was a couple, each in their second marriage. She was an Elite, he was a Classic. He was not allowed into any Elite functions even though they told the event host that they were in the same cabin. Evidently enforcement, or understanfing of the rule, varies ship to ship, cruise to cruise.

Originally Posted by cruisestitch

"A variety of reading materials"? Huh? The only reading material I've ever seen in the Elite breakfast is the little menu thingie on the table.

On our last cruise in Jan 2013. I had a non Elite in my room. We went down to the Capt Club desk and they made a new card for my room mate with Elite on it. I will say that the host at the door to the event has no way of knowing that you are both in the same cabin. Richard

We were on the Solstice two weeks ago. Our dining tablemates was a couple, each in their second marriage. She was an Elite, he was a Classic. He was not allowed into any Elite functions even though they told the event host that they were in the same cabin. Evidently enforcement, or understanfing of the rule, varies ship to ship, cruise to cruise.

Her card will reflect her status. Go to see the Capt. Club Host/Hostess on embarkation day and an "Elite" sticker will be put on her card. She can then attend all Elite functions. She will not get Elite coupons. This was our experience on Century in January.

Is Celebrity the same as RCL in that a child is given the same status as their parent?

No, children can't apply to be Captain's Club members until they are 18, that I was told when I inquired. But if you keep track of their sailings, when they are adults they will be credited with all the sailings when they were minors.

As long as your daughter is in your cabin, she is considered Elite if you are. She will be able to enjoy the Elite functions and perks including the specialty coffee at the designed Elite gathering. Typically held in the Tuscan Grill each morning or on the Summit in Michaels. She can also attend the cocktail parties and nightly Elite gathering including the free drinks. As long as she is at the drinking age- which on the ship is 21.

On Eclipse, a variety of magazines was displayed at a table near the entrance, along with the day's crossword and Sudoku, and extra copies of the Daily. Most people walked by without noticing they were even there, but a few picked up magazines to read at breakfast. The Captain's Club host commented that he was just waiting for someone to ask "why are all of these magazines so old" while we were on the Transatlantic, and sure enough, one morning someone said, "when are you going to get some new magazines". It was all he could do to keep smiling and not burst into a guffaw. With 900 Elites, though, sometimes Tuscan was so full that he had to clear them all away the so the passengers could sit at that table.

Last year we told a captain's club host that DW and I would like to take DW's parents, but would feel guilty about ditching them for happy hour

The host advised us to book DW with her mum in her room and me with her dad

We did as advised this year and both were given little white cards expressing their Elite status for the trip - they joined us in the lunge most nights and for breakfast

My brother shared my cabin this past February. We were in a veranda cabin. His first cruise. I am elite.

His card, when picked up on check-in, indicated elite status. He enjoyed most of the amenities afforded those Elite with the exception of the coupons. The steward left only one "page" of coupons.

Archived