Another Sweet Suite Upsell

Got a nice upsell today from a Verandah Suite (SY) to a Neptune Suite (SA) for $99/pp. This is for an Alaska Inside Passage cruise out of Vancouver on the ms Z for 6/1. Our TA says we are very lucky. Here is how the stateroom upsells went for this cruise:

• Started with a Verandah stateroom (VE) for $1849/pp ($3698 for the week)
  • Got a $50/pp price drop on 1/4 for $1799/pp ($3598 for the week)
  • Got an upsell on 4/19 to a Verandah Suite (SY) for $199/pp ($3,996 for the week)
    • Passed on an upsell to a Neptune Suite for $399/pp ($4,396 for the week)

[*]Now got an upsell on 5/24 to a Neptune Suite (SA) for $99/pp ($4,194 or the week)

So that is an extra $496 for the week from our original booking. For same cruise, ship and SA category on 6/8 (all sold out for the 6/1 cruise) $3,499/pp ($6,998 for the week). That's $2,804 more than what we are paying! Hope my math is right.

I never would have imagined that we would end up in a Neptune Suite.

Feeling pretty happy. :)

You don't say if you have ever done a Neptune before, but you should know right up front that you can never go back. You will be so spoiled by the end of this cruise. As I've said before, HAL knows exactly what they are doing with Neptune upsells.

Have a wonderfull time.

You don't say if you have ever done a Neptune before, but you should know right up front that you can never go back. You will be so spoiled by the end of this cruise. As I've said before, HAL knows exactly what they are doing with Neptune upsells.

Have a wonderfull time.

This is only our second cruise. First was on DCL in a Verandah stateroom. I feel like I should sing the theme song from the '70s sitcom, The Jeffersons.

Well we're movin on up,

To the east side.

To a deluxe apartment in the sky.

Movin on up

To the east side.

We finally got a piece of the pie. :D

What a fabulous deal. Congratulations. We haven't even seen a price drop for our SC cabin for our Sept Alaska cruise on the Z.
Don't give up hope yet. Although upsells to S suites are unusual, for some reason the odds are better than usual this year. On our upcoming Amsterdam cruise sailing on August 9 out of Vancouver, there are still at least 10 SA and SB suites unsold!! That is almost unheard of. Ordinarily, this close to sailing, those suites would have been long gone.

Great upsell...I would have jumped on that in a minute.

While you are enjoying the "Suite" life - take full advantage.

Use that laundry service and go home with almost all clean clothes. Go to Pinnacle in the morning for breakfast. Hit the Neptune Lounge for small meals and snacks as well as appetizers.

Have a fantastic trip!!

June 8th is my first cruise ever. How do you find out about up sells? Can a family of 4 Ina verandah ever qualify for an up sell? Thanks for any info.

You will be contacted through your TA or email if you booked direct. They are usually only offered where there are two in the cabin. Unfortunately, when you have more than two ( and I know as this was us for many years with DS in our cabin) your chance at upgrades or up sells is 'almost' nil. We were only upgraded once when we had the 3 of us in the cabin, and that was likely because I had phoned and faxed to be on a waitlist for a different category-I was willing to pay, but by that point there was no availability. In the end they upgraded us for free. There is much more flexibility for the cruise line to move around people if there are only 2 as not all cabins can hold more than 2.

TXAlakaCruiser,

I had the same thought, with our family of 4, this Texas family would have enjoyed an upgrade from our verandah to a suite as well on our June 1st sailing.

Although we are looking forward to this wonderful trip regardless ;)

The other consideration is that the next upgrade would be to a signature suite and they do not accommodate 4 people.

Archived