Chef's Table and Cruise Dress Up Night - Same Dress?

Elustriah

We are going on our first cruise in July and I keep reading don't go out and spend a fortune on new clothes, lol.

I have a black evening gown that is a full length classy gown. I have only wore it once and spent a good penny on it.

Do you think people would point and laugh if I wore it to Chef's Table Night (granted that we can get a reservation) and the Cruise Dress Up Night?

I seriously doubt anybody will pay any attention. The only thing that would give me pause is if you went to formal night the night immediately before or after you went to Chefs Table AND you had the same people at both events.

I would probably do it (if I wore dresses.)

Wearing the same dress is fine. Noone but you wil know. Bring some different jewelry to change things up if you like.

I think you will be on the Fantasy. If that's the case, an expensive, floor length, black evening gown will make you one of the best dressed people on board. Carnival cruisers tend to be on the more casual end of the spectrum.

Thanks!

It makes me feel less stressed

and I do have a little jacket (I forgot about) I could wear with it one night that matches it to give it a different look! lol

and yes the Fantasy!

We are going on our first cruise in July and I keep reading don't go out and spend a fortune on new clothes, lol.

I have a black evening gown that is a full length classy gown. I have only wore it once and spent a good penny on it.

Do you think people would point and laugh if I wore it to Chef's Table Night (granted that we can get a reservation) and the Cruise Dress Up Night?

I Bring ONE formal gown as well. each night it gets accessorized differently.

hey, if guys can get away with wearing the same tux two or more nights, then so should we be able to get away with wearing the same dress!

No, but I am laughing now.:rolleyes:

Don't know about Carnival, but on Princess the Chefs Table dress was smart casual. Don't know how comfortable a full length gown would be on the galley tour. Plus, we were required to wear closed toed shoes. They gave us white jackets to wear for the drinks and apps in the kitchen. So maybe just a nice skirt and top or black pants?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We go on longer cruises and have quite a formal nights. There is no way I could pack enough clothes for all those formal nights. So I do wear the same outfits -- not a problem.

You will be fine in your black dress. Glad you remembered that you have a jacket to make it look a little different.

It is unlikely anyone will notice or care.

Wear your lovely gown and enjoy it. :)

Remember, you will never see any of those people again.

Also, anybody who would "Point and laugh" would be exhibiting extremely rude behavior. And why would you worry about someone who was extremely rude?

Relax and have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Don't know about Carnival, but on Princess the Chefs Table dress was smart casual. Don't know how comfortable a full length gown would be on the galley tour. Plus, we were required to wear closed toed shoes. They gave us white jackets to wear for the drinks and apps in the kitchen. So maybe just a nice skirt and top or black pants?

Yes, this ^^ No need for a formal gown for the Chefs Table.

Yes, this ^^ No need for a formal gown for the Chefs Table.

We did the Chef's Table on Carnival Pride last December. No one was dressed formally. JMO, but I think I would feel more uncomfortable if I was the only one in formal attire and everyone else was smart casual:).

No one, but you and your hubby, will notice what you're wearing....no one!

As a husband to The World's Greatest Wife I wouldn't even notice if she wore the same thing all 7 days.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Do you really think that anyone pays that much attention to what someone else is wearing? Unless it really stands out because it's completely inappropriate--overdressed, underdressed, revealing, or otherwise--no one will notice. Or care if they do.

Archived