Age restrictions in Bars

We are off on the EOS in August, this being our first cruise was wondering if there was an age restriction in any of the bars. Our DD (14) and DS (12) will be with us (we need someone responsible to get us back to our cabins ;)) will they be able to sit with us in the bars?

We are off on the EOS in August, this being our first cruise was wondering if there was an age restriction in any of the bars. Our DD (14) and DS (12) will be with us (we need someone responsible to get us back to our cabins ;)) will they be able to sit with us in the bars?

Certain bars are 18 and up starting later at night but they are clearly labeled. You will have no issues finding somewhere for you family to go.

There are also kids' activities held in the evening that they just might find a whole lot more fun than sitting in a bar watching their parents drink, but, yes they are allowed to be there.

There are also kids' activities held in the evening that they just might find a whole lot more fun than sitting in a bar watching their parents drink, but, yes they are allowed to be there.

True, but remember that most "bars" are actually lounges with a bar counter. Usually, there are comfortable chairs and there is often a band or musician playing. The entire family can sit together and the children can have a soft drink while their parents are having something alcoholic.

Id like to suggest if there is table seating in the lounge - if your children are with you - sit there - nothing gets me more than if there is a packed bar with no available seating and there are children sitting at the bar. Don't get me wrong - I have no problem with kids being IN the bars - just not AT the bar. I guess this comes from the fact that in my state I do believe its illegal for a minor to sit at a bar that serves liquor - even if accompanied by an adult. Plus, I just think its a nice courtesy for a child to leave a bar seat open for an adult to use. I hope no one takes this the wrong way.

Id like to suggest if there is table seating in the lounge - if your children are with you - sit there - nothing gets me more than if there is a packed bar with no available seating and there are children sitting at the bar. Don't get me wrong - I have no problem with kids being IN the bars - just not AT the bar. I guess this comes from the fact that in my state I do believe its illegal for a minor to sit at a bar that serves liquor - even if accompanied by an adult. Plus, I just think its a nice courtesy for a child to leave a bar seat open for an adult to use. I hope no one takes this the wrong way.

I agree wholeheartedly.

They normally don't allow children to sit at the bar. The bartenders are quick to ask them to leave.

I think it's pretty sad that your children, ages 14 and 12, should be responsible for you to get back to your cabin

What kind of an example are you setting for them?

Please think about that!

I think it's pretty sad that your children, ages 14 and 12, should be responsible for you to get back to your cabin

Please think about that!

I think that was made in jest. Did you not see the wink?

On the Allure of the Seas we had two of our grandchildren with us at the rising tide bar and the hostess said no children after 6 pm at that venue They were 10 and 12 .

Please think about that!

I am donating a sense of humor to you!!! ;):p:D

Please feel free to use it often!!! :)

They normally don't allow children to sit at the bar. The bartenders are quick to ask them to leave.

I can see why - they would rather sell drinks to the adults

Please think about that!

I think they were kidding

Reason I posted what I did - we were out to dinner recently - packed restaurant - standing room only with beeper - went to bar - and yup - kids sitting AT the bar with their parents. Again, thought legally that was a no no but the bartenders allowed it. Parent allowed it. Adults standing - kids sipping Shirley temple.

relax..

btw, they are their children not yours.

Haaaaa! I have had MY little girl (she 5'10" @14years old) sitting at a restaurant bar with me while we have had lunch or dinner. I like to sit and talk to her by ourselves, and she thinks she is the bomb! Who cares I have seen plenty of folks drink soda at the bar, and I would never ask them to leave so I can have my bourbon!

The ship is not in "your state" so basically the kids can sit wherever they want. They paid just like you.

Just because you disapprove of it does not mean they have to move for you..

True, but remember that most "bars" are actually lounges with a bar counter. Usually, there are comfortable chairs and there is often a band or musician playing. The entire family can sit together and the children can have a soft drink while their parents are having something alcoholic.

That's what I was hoping, my DD is going through the "I want to be an anti social Teen" stage so I can't see her wanting to do any activities she would rather sit and scowl at us :eek:

Please think about that!

British sense of humour!

We have similar policies in some Pubs in the UK so we are used to kids not sitting at the bar, as long as they can sit and chat with us they are more than happy, however if that is the only seating available I wouldn't have a problem with them sitting there

Archived