Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Going on my first solo cruise on Mariner of the Seas, 09/11/22 - 09/19/22 to Bermuda! I’m excited to indulge on myself with my first massage, facial, and acupuncture treatments! What I’m nervous about is dining, I’m scheduled for early dining at the MDR. On Royal Caribbean are solo passengers seated with other families, with other solos, or by themselves? Are we giving a choice? Anyone else solo cruising on this itinerary?

• Like 1

So I booked a cruise for the end of Nov. 
Some years ago my dh and I met another couple on the cruise and stayed in touch with them on FB.  Turns out the woman and her g/f are traveling the same time.  Even said I could/should hang with them, so last night i/o booking the sail away club balcony, I went with a regular balcony which is super close to their cabin.   I'm happy that I'm near someone I know, just in case.  Feeling much better about this cruise now.  Only 90 more days!  lol

• Like 3

Thanks to an amazing sale and no solo supplement a couple of months ago...I will be on the Celebrity Millennium for three southern Caribbean cruises Feb 11, 18, and 25 out of San Juan.

This will be my first solo cruise, but I travel solo often (am travelling solo in Quebec right now.).

Any other solos here on this cruise yet? So far the roll call is all couples and large groups. And it was pointed out that the first one is a Valentine's Day cruise. Yikes! I never thought of that. Won't be going to the MDR that night. 🙂

19 hours ago, NSnJW said:

Did you check the Roll Call for that cruise?  If there isn't a Roll Call for that cruise, you could start one.  I'm sure that someone would be glad to go with you.  

I on the CC roll call and two on FB.  lol

I'll be sure to go to the solo meets when on board.  All dead threads. 

Before Covid roll calls were hopping.  

I think I’m doing my first solo cruise sept 11, 7 nights, Alaska from Seattle and back on HAL. 

My husband has been slammed at work short handed so he can’t go and I’m miserable sitting at home alone, so I think I’m going to do it. I’m waiting for 2 friends to decide if they want to go or not and then I’ll book. 

I’d prefer a roommate, but I’m completely ok by myself. A balcony is about $649 a person. So with that x2 plus port charges and fees, I guess it will be about $1500? Not bad I think for Alaska and HAL. I’m waiting for the planner to get back to me with a price. 

• Like 2

So I just returned from a solo land trip to Orlando.  My g/f and her b/f drove up 2 hours to come visit me for lunch. Saw SIL, BIL and NIL. Niece took me to Univeral.  Now looking forward to my trip to TN next month where my cousin will show me around and my solo cruise in 75 days.  Nice to be making wonderful new memories.  

1 hour ago, MPHennessy said:

Oct. 9th, Greek Isles on the NCL Gem, not only is it my first Solo Cruise, it's also my FIRST cruise ever!! 

Hope you have a wonderful time🙂 The Greek Isles are amazing!

• Like 1

I don’t know what to say. I booked a cruise for November 26, 7-day to Mexico from LA on Celebrity Solstice. Just me. I was too mad not to, too sad not to. My husband died last year and I am tired of staring at the walls. We loved to cruise. I still do. I don’t know if I’m going to meet people or talk to folks or make friends or why I am doing this. I’m not even getting off the boat, I just need to watch the water go bye.

• Like 6