Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

20 hours ago, hallux said:

The Bliss definitely has them, and I may have mentioned this in my earlier post.  Here is a pic of one on the Bliss - 

IMG_20190428_143616.thumb.jpg.58773412bcb7ef8b5dac550ba7997f18.jpg

And for reference as to where it is in the cabin -

IMG_20190428_142904.thumb.jpg.1e6a8d9829f7b825c1d52e4df8fd768e.jpg

I believe the bed can be pulled out from the wall a little bit.

the bed looks MUCH smaller than the (what I believe was) FULL size (double) on the Epic.... this looks like a single/twin...

42 minutes ago, nesila said:

the bed looks MUCH smaller than the (what I believe was) FULL size (double) on the Epic.... this looks like a single/twin...

You can add 4-6" by pulling it out from under the wall fixture where the screen is.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 3:25 PM, nesila said:

I measured the Studio bed on Encore! The mattress itself was 76" x 48", equivalent to a UK/European small double; a US twin mattress is about the same length but only 38" wide. As hallux noted, you lose several inches of mattress under the padded walls.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 11:25 PM, coastcat said:

I measured the Studio bed on Encore! The mattress itself was 76" x 48", equivalent to a UK/European small double; a US twin mattress is about the same length but only 38" wide. As hallux noted, you lose several inches of mattress under the padded walls.

That would suggest the padded bit of wall is a lot  thicker than it is on escape, breakaway and getaway. I do think the beds in epic are a bit wider having been in a studio in all 4 of those ships. But the bed in the epic is definitely using 2 x twin mattresses +frames and it’s showing in the wear levels. I was on epic a couple of weeks ago and the mattress closer to the wall was at least an inch higher than the one towards the wardrobes.  I do not remember noticing a difference in height between the 2 halves of the studio bed on escape, breakaway or getaway. 
I will say my first impression when I went into the studio on Epic was that the bed looked noticeably wider than it had been on escape/breakaway/getaway but I’m suspecting it wasn’t shoved under the padded wall the way it had been on the others. 

Anyone sailing Celebrity 2022, check your prices.  There is a single rate pricing this weekend with the new sale and the Elevate package upgrade is not much more than Always package. 

Also a good time to try Celebrity.  There are single balcony cabins on the Apex, Edge and Beyond, which are bigger than NCL studio rooms.  

Edited by crusinthrough
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2022 at 4:42 PM, crusinthrough said:

Anyone sailing Celebrity 2022, check your prices.  There is a single rate pricing this weekend with the new sale and the Elevate package upgrade is not much more than Always package. 

Also a good time to try Celebrity.  There are single balcony cabins on the Apex, Edge and Beyond, which are bigger than NCL studio rooms.  

Thanks for the heads up! I'd already asked my TA to reprice my Apex holiday cruise during the previous sale, and the new rate is even lower. Single Infinite Veranda on Apex to the Western Caribbean, 7 days, $1718 plus tax/port fees. And that is a HOLIDAY cruise, leaving December 23. Nice... The itinerary remains unexciting but I'm there for the ship. 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 8:08 PM, coastcat said:

Thanks for the heads up! I'd already asked my TA to reprice my Apex holiday cruise during the previous sale, and the new rate is even lower. Single Infinite Veranda on Apex to the Western Caribbean, 7 days, $1718 plus tax/port fees. And that is a HOLIDAY cruise, leaving December 23. Nice... The itinerary remains unexciting but I'm there for the ship. 🙂

Great price! I had a 7N Single Veranda on Apex in Dec but it was a bit more.  You holiday sailing is a better deal.  

18 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

Great price! I had a 7N Single Veranda on Apex in Dec but it was a bit more.  You holiday sailing is a better deal.  

Too bad airfare is about the same cost. 😳   Oh well, at least that's one part of travel where solos don't get soaked on pricing!

5 1/2 weeks until NCL Bliss and another solo outing to Alaska, so looking forward to it...

• Haha 1

Posting here too. I just booked my first solo cruise.  Summit Nov 10-14, 2022.  Booked Aqua Class with a single rate "discount" which amounts to about 40%.  I have had some major life changes this past year and never imagined cruising solo but here I am.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, NSW519 said:

My first solo cruise will be on the Celebrity Apex - August 13 - Norwegian Fjords.

My next 3 solo cruisers will be 2 out of Flordia September 2022 Symphony/Allure  and 1 transatlantic 14 nights April 2023 on Odyssey. I did my first 2 solo cruisers last year and loved every minute of it.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 11:51 PM, NSW519 said:

My first solo cruise will be on the Celebrity Apex - August 13 - Norwegian Fjords.

I did my first solo cruise on Celebrity Edge in October in the Caribbean.  I was booked Single Infinite Verandah, but for a small bid got bumped to Aqua Class and had a great time.  For my 2nd solo I'm going to the Norwegian Fjords August 14th on Cunard's Queen Victoria.  Booked an inside and got a free upgrade last week to a balcony cabin.  

• Like 5

I just booked a 9 day (Sept 3-13, 2022) Bermuda cruise on NCL out of NYC ($1150 cruise fare in a studio). Stops in VA Beach, Orlando, and GSC with an overnight in Bermuda. Triple points if you're a latitudes member.

Edited by reeinaz

19 hours ago, reeinaz said:

I just booked a 9 day (Sept 3-13, 2022) Bermuda cruise on NCL out of NYC ($1150 cruise fare in a studio). Stops in VA Beach, Orlando, and GSC with an overnight in Bermuda. Triple points if you're a latitudes member.

Just booked this cruise only leaving on August 14. First time as a solo cruiser. Booked a club balcony. Didn’t think I could handle a studio.

• 2 weeks later...

Booked on Emerald Princess sailing for the August 1, 2022 British Isles cruise. I have a few excursions booked solo. Anyone solo on this cruise that is planning to take the Invergordon, Scotland Cawdor Castle and Culloden Moor excursion - we could meet and share the fun. Also have Dublin Guiness Storehouse and City excursion and happy to add a seatmate for this one. Also looking to create my own day on Orkney Island, Scotland using taxi or bus if we can - anyone want to put a day together for that?

Thanks,

Marti

MSC Meraviglia September 24, 2022.  Transatlantic from Barcelona for 19 days ending in Port Canaveral October 13.  Anyone else lined up solo for that cruise?  I land in Barcelona on September 23 at 10:00am.  I intend to see Basilica Familia afternoon of September boarding the 24th.  Looking forward to this cruise.

• Like 1