FCC question

pedirn

If I buy FCC can I use them for all cabins I book even though I am not in them? We are looking at taking the kids and their SO on a cruise next summer. We will be booking a total of four cabins. Just thought we might buy extra FCCs on our next cruise and just use them to book the four cabins. OBC from these would offset some of the tips. Not sure if this is legal or does the person whose name is on the FCC have to be in booked cabin.

Chris

Bill is right. You purchase an FCC while onboard for yourself and whomever else on the cruise with you you're willing to buy one for. The FCC is in that person's Captain's Circle account and can only be used by that person. They are not transferable.

If I understand correctly, when we do our BVE in Dec on the Royal, D H and I will each need to buy our own FCC. I never looked into FCC when we sailed on the Ruby this past April, but now I've got my eye on a couple of Princess sailings I think we would enjoy. :D

I know that if we book within 3 months of our BVE, our $39 cost for the BVE is applied to our cruise fare. I'm pretty sure the FCC gives us a reduced deposit, and I think there's onboard credit involved, but I'm not sure exactly how that works. I'm trying to find out a little more now, before we go to our BVE. I am reading whatever I can find on this board. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

If I understand correctly, when we do our BVE in Dec on the Royal, D H and I will each need to buy our own FCC. I never looked into FCC when we sailed on the Ruby this past April, but now I've got my eye on a couple of Princess sailings I think we would enjoy. :D

I know that if we book within 3 months of our BVE, our $39 cost for the BVE is applied to our cruise fare. I'm pretty sure the FCC gives us a reduced deposit, and I think there's onboard credit involved, but I'm not sure exactly how that works. I'm trying to find out a little more now, before we go to our BVE. I am reading whatever I can find on this board. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

You purchase an FCC for $100. That is your entire deposit for a cruise with the exception of a world cruise or segment of a world cruise. When you book a cruise using the FCC, you'll get $25-$150 in onboard credit, depending on the length of the cruise and cabin type.

You can buy as many FCCs as you want. You can use one to book a cruise immediately or keep to book a future cruise. If you cancel the cruise, it goes back towards your Captain's Circle Account.

Thanks all for the information. I thought it might be as stated. I have another question. Who is responsible when you book for applying the FCC? TA or Princess? I ask because when I checked my cruise personalizer I noticed that the newest FCCs were applied to my current bookings. This leaves my oldest ones that expire in 2014. Why would they use the ones that expire in 2016 instead of the oldest ones? I am now going to have to cancel the old ones and buy new ones...or book a cruise before March 2014.

Chris

Thanks all for the information. I thought it might be as stated. I have another question. Who is responsible when you book for applying the FCC? TA or Princess? I ask because when I checked my cruise personalizer I noticed that the newest FCCs were applied to my current bookings. This leaves my oldest ones that expire in 2014. Why would they use the ones that expire in 2016 instead of the oldest ones? I am now going to have to cancel the old ones and buy new ones...or book a cruise before March 2014.

Chris

Your FCC's have reference nos. Ask your TA to work with Princess to exchange the applied ones to the FCC's you wish to use. Use the ref. nos. so there is no misunderstandings. I have done this in the past when Princess applied FCC's I did not want them to apply.

If your FCC's were 4 yr ones they will expire and Princess will refund your money. If they are two year ones they can be extended by calling Princess close to the expiry dates.

Chris

Do you have 2 of the old ones that are good for four years and 2 of the new ones that are good for two years? If so, the four year ones, while they are good beyond the others, were purchased before them. The person applying the FCC may have selected them based on the purchase date.

Paul, I think you answered my question. I should have realized what happened. We bought FCCs 3/2012 that were good for four years. In 12/2012 we bought more and these are only two year certificates. So they did use the oldest but these also have the furthest expiration date.

Chris

Paul, I think you answered my question. I should have realized what happened. We bought FCCs 3/2012 that were good for four years. In 12/2012 we bought more and these are only two year certificates. So they did use the oldest but these also have the furthest expiration date.

Chris

Glad you have found the explanation.

You purchase an FCC for $100. That is your entire deposit for a cruise with the exception of a world cruise or segment of a world cruise. When you book a cruise using the FCC, you'll get $25-$150 in onboard credit, depending on the length of the cruise and cabin type.

You can buy as many FCCs as you want. You can use one to book a cruise immediately or keep to book a future cruise. If you cancel the cruise, it goes back towards your Captain's Circle Account.

Thanks, Pam. This program is starting to make some sense to me, I think.

Since DH only wants 1 cruise per year, I think the best plan would be to buy 1 FCC each, so we would each have 1 to apply to our next cruise. I think that's how it works. We can each apply 1 FCC to our cruise. We can not each apply more than 1 FCC to our cruise. Also, we do not actually have to book our cruise while we are onboard for our BVE in Dec. We can wait until we get home to do our booking, am I right?

We probably would not be booking a second cruise before we go on the one we would book with the FCC's we would buy in Dec, & with the 2 year expiration date, I don't think it would make much sense to buy too many since they might expire before we would want to use them.

Since DH only wants 1 cruise per year, I think the best plan would be to buy 1 FCC each, so we would each have 1 to apply to our next cruise. I think that's how it works. We can each apply 1 FCC to our cruise. We can not each apply more than 1 FCC to our cruise. You can only get one OBC per person from FCCs on a cruise, but you can use additional FCCs in order to pay ($100 each) for more of the cruise.

Also, we do not actually have to book our cruise while we are onboard for our BVE in Dec. We can wait until we get home to do our booking, am I right? correct

We probably would not be booking a second cruise before we go on the one we would book with the FCC's we would buy in Dec, & with the 2 year expiration date, I don't think it would make much sense to buy too many since they might expire before we would want to use them. If they expire, Princess will refund their cost to you.

See above in red

We usually have six. Never know if you find a b2b2b and three are gone just like that. We also have booked two years out so even if you only cruise once a year, you might run across a future one that is a "must" do. We like to be prepared.

Have a fun cruise with your family.

Maybe I can tap into your wealth of knowledge? I and 3 friends are cruising in March 2014 out of SF 10 day to Mexico. We are doing the BVE in August. We really just wanted to see the ship and get mor amped for our cruise. I did call to book the BVE and the girl said they still may apply the $39 credit even though the cruise is already booked and is more than 3 months out. That would be an added bonus, but not expecting that to happen. My question is more about the FCC. I am not sure I understand. Can we all 4 purchase future on board credit? Can we use it on a cruise that is already booked? Thank you for your help.

My question is more about the FCC. I am not sure I understand. Can we all 4 purchase future on board credit? Can we use it on a cruise that is already booked? Thank you for your help.
Each of you on the BVE can purchase as many FCCs as you want as long as you do it on the ship.

Chris

I had this happen, now when i book I ask the TA to make sure they use the oldest ones first and sometimes give then the FCC number.

It is silly to use the newest first but sometimes I think they just do the quickest thing without thinking about it.

Maybe I can tap into your wealth of knowledge? I and 3 friends are cruising in March 2014 out of SF 10 day to Mexico. We are doing the BVE in August. We really just wanted to see the ship and get mor amped for our cruise. I did call to book the BVE and the girl said they still may apply the $39 credit even though the cruise is already booked and is more than 3 months out. That would be an added bonus, but not expecting that to happen. My question is more about the FCC. I am not sure I understand. Can we all 4 purchase future on board credit? Can we use it on a cruise that is already booked? Thank you for your help.

It is supposed to be for new bookings but some TA's will cancel and rebook for you if the pricing hasn't gone up it may be doable - ymmv:D

You will be able to buy FCCs, but you cannot use one for a cruise already booked. You could only use them for cruises you book after the BVE

Small correction, now you get $15.00 OBC for a 3-6 day sailing.

It is silly to use the newest first but sometimes I think they just do the quickest thing without thinking about it.

With the changes in OBC with the newer FCCs, sometimes it is better to save the older ones for a time when you could use them for higher OBC.

You can purchase as many Future Cruise Deposits as you want while on a BVE. However, you have to use them as your deposit when you book a cruise - you cannot apply them later to a cruise already deposited.

If you are before final payment, you can always cancel and rebook using the Future Cruise Deposit. You would rebook at current fares - which may be higher or lower than your original fare. You should be able to get your same cabin if you have the same agent (travel agent or Princess) cancel and rebook immediately, but there is no guarantee.

For the question regarding multiple rooms. We had that about five years ago on the Sapphire. I only work through Princess because I do not like to give up control if a problem exist. What the customer service agent helped us do was to book my wife in one cabin with our married daughter and myself in the other cabin with my SIL. When we got aboard we went to the desk and had them straighten out the cabin keys.

Each person was billed to their proper credit card already, so only a cabin coded key was necessary.

Archived