Does the Cruise Ship Send Passenger Lists to Each Port?

ROXIETHEHORSE

I am just curious...does each cruise ship send a passenger list ahead to each port?

Would they do this so many days ahead of arrival or just send to all ports as soon as the ship leaves the embarkation port?

I suppose this is something I could ask on the Ultimate Ship Tour - if we can get in!!

Just to clarify, they most likely won't send it to ALL ports, but they will send it to those that are an entry point to a new country or anyplace there is an Immigration or Customs presence.

Further, for cruises originating outside the US, and then calling on a US port, the passenger list, as well as the ENOA (Electronic Notice of Arrival) must be sent to the USCG 72 hours prior to arrival.

Do all cruises out of Vancouver have 72 hours after sailing before they hit a US port? Do they transmit lists that may include people who never boarded?

Do all cruises out of Vancouver have 72 hours after sailing before they hit a US port? Do they transmit lists that may include people who never boarded?

The 72 hour limit is waived if the ship is starting a voyage less than 72 hours before the first US port. No, they must send the accurate passenger and crew lists, and they must be sent as soon as possible, to show good faith in the 72 hour notice. Ships are supposed to send 72 hour, 48 hour, and 24 hour notices of arrival to the USCG. This all has to do with vessel security, and is a post 9/11 regulation. It's kind of like an airplane filing a flight plan, so the USCG knows who has popped up on the radar.

The 72 hour limit is waived if the ship is starting a voyage less than 72 hours before the first US port. No, they must send the accurate passenger and crew lists, and they must be sent as soon as possible, to show good faith in the 72 hour notice. Ships are supposed to send 72 hour, 48 hour, and 24 hour notices of arrival to the USCG. This all has to do with vessel security, and is a post 9/11 regulation. It's kind of like an airplane filing a flight plan, so the USCG knows who has popped up on the radar.

Thanks . . .

Which line has the stealth ships? :)

Thanks . . .

Which line has the stealth ships? :)

They wish.

The whole 72 hour thing plays hell with the Captain on my tanker. We are a shuttle tanker in the Gulf of Mexico, and have a 52 hour round trip (20 hours out to the rig, 12 hours loading, and 20 hours back), and half the time we don't know ahead of time where we are discharging, so he can't send the ENOA until about 20 hours before arrival. USCG security center is getting used to us finally, as this happens every couple of weeks.

The cruise lines must comply with the laws and regulations of each country entered during a cruise. A purser once told me that keeping in compliance with each country keeps him awake at night. The requirements vary from country to country so the answer to the OP would simply be, "it depends on the country."

Hank

I am just curious...does each cruise ship send a passenger list ahead to each port?

Would they do this so many days ahead of arrival or just send to all ports as soon as the ship leaves the embarkation port?

I suppose this is something I could ask on the Ultimate Ship Tour - if we can get in!!

Are you wanted by the law?

Archived