Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Good Evening Marleen, and if you don't mind me saying so you are looking very good this evening. Happy you joined our table.:)

I'm afraid I had to move table once. She is a new girl, so I'll cut her some slack. She smiles fine, but I can't stand someone who only fills the glass to dribble. As you know Merlin, I'm a man of appetites. Insatiable appetites and a couple of millilitres of sauvignon blanc doesn't cut it.

Anyway the new girl knows what is what and seems to fully understand my wine proclivities.

Someone mentioned an amuse bouche. I hope they weren't being rude.

:)

Someone mentioned an amuse bouche. I hope they weren't being rude.

Even if they wear you don't need to be darn in the North and South Rodders. Not wiv u beein in the lap of Luxury in Singha pour.Somehow that hasn't come out right:o Must be the beer.

Been crushing and shelling your nuts in Raffles yet? Or is that no longer de rigueur?

Edited by MARIANH

'ello Marmalade,

nah, don't do Ruffles, all dose bleedin forenas spoutin Inglish in a foren axent! Posee gets. Singha Pour Sling is bleedin free ere. An don tork to me about bleedin nuts. FED UP!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376426731.064096.jpg.ad7117ae692ebceea08c90ddd41acb71.jpg

This nut bowl bizness is a bleeding lotree!

Ave a look at NUTCAM. Can you see a bleedin cashoo?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376426610.367550.jpg.d7fbbe7aa8f3ceec7270d599fb29b6b5.jpg

[quote=UKCruiseJeff;39529398

Ave a look at NUTCAM. Can you see a bleedin cashoo?

[ATTACH]282479[/ATTACH]

Sick innit. Have you just eaten this dishful or are you about to?

Maybe one of those very beautiful Singaporean birds has pinched your nuts.

Or perhaps someone has been monkeying around with them.

Suggest you shell out and go to Raffles.

Sick innit. Have you just eaten this dishful or are you about to?

Maybe one of those very beautiful Singaporean birds has pinched your nuts.

Or perhaps someone has been monkeying around with them.

Suggest you shell out and go to Raffles.

Nah! Leevin my nuts to posterity ini! Im genna leave it all beind me gal!

Just ad brekkies. Bleedin cold agin! Wy cant they warm the bleedin bacin?!

Genna give ruffles a wide birth. Get all sniffy cos i's a werkin lad. not takin my cap orf for any bleeder.

One other thing that I would recommend visiting is the Asian Civilisation Museum. It is in a lovely old building near the Fullerton and it might not be like some modern ones with interactive gizmos but the range of artefacts and the history was quite amazing. It also highlights how multicultural Singapore truly is.

Julie

Julie,

Hopefully might bring back some memories for you ... we were there this morning.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376460397.597447.jpg.8850b37797172cbfb3e8faaeac9a524d.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376460411.290139.jpg.da922538f56b20a413d41e75b07c8330.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376460422.774093.jpg.dab7b687f43a3413b62a0cb3c2065608.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376460435.314617.jpg.e4e82c3216008183efa28f8e01514d17.jpg

Jeff

Bleedin ell Marmite!

Banged to rites!

2500 'its on me nutcam gal!

You 'd fink pepel wood ave bete fings to do! Layerbowts!

Yea, life on de Social is a bummer,man ( hope that translates OK across the Pond - and in Singha pour). It's a right ( and left) pain in the Londenderry.

Back now to watching Jeremy Kyle an me bruvvers and sisstas.

And watch out for that bird making a dive for your nuts. Could be a Nuthatch ( Sitta Europaea). If its a small one it could be a baby Sitta:eek:

Oh, and btw Isa twitcher nora twitterer and I knows a ting or too about burds.

Edited by MARIANH

Yea, life on de Social is a bummer,man ( hope that translates OK across the Pond - and in Singha pour). It's a right ( and left) pain in the Londenderry.

Back now to watching Jeremy Kyle an me bruvvers and sisstas.

And watch out for that bird making a dive for your nuts. Could be a Nuthatch ( Sitta Europaea). If its a small one it could be a baby Sitta:eek:

That Kile, 'es a geezer ini!? Neva trust a Jereme! All toffs. They were alrite before 'e meddles. " Ooze the daddi " an al tha stuf.

Me nutz r in safe anz darlin, don you worri.

Julie,

Hopefully might bring back some memories for you ... we were there this morning.

[ATTACH]282519[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]282520[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]282521[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]282522[/ATTACH]

Jeff

Is that the Taj Mahal Peckham

Lux, hope you get a chance to get on the bus for some of that fancy veg crudite at the La Colombe d'Or.

Nice leisurely day in Singapore. Morning at Botanic Gardens

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376557494.993409.jpg.7dddf01ae2b727c249b3c0c5d46fd605.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376557512.602409.jpg.f8a52b483e54e72c207bbb44894de88b.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376557524.483347.jpg.f465dc0c6df9b8762c637ed256d9f262.jpg

and an hour or so in the Evolution garden within Botanic. This is where wifey first saw fossilised wood and became mesmerised by it. When we got back from that trip I hunted around for some and bought her an enormous piece of Sumatran fossilised / petrified wood which is millions of years old. It is one of her most treasured things ....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376557773.133939.jpg.d1cdd053d19117ab7bc42881ca21f269.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376557787.389410.jpg.4e111a0ad31caee85cf85b6b50048e0c.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376557799.073372.jpg.bcc3250cf4adf6b1a0f8ee5d9176c5b5.jpg

Lunch at Maggis ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376557824.086040.jpg.9bfe28fb90e6a9c2c65a140595d1670f.jpg

And now some quiet time ......

Now we know where all those cash oohs went:rolleyes:

Ooh.

It has to be. I fancied Pork Kung Po, which didn't register at all, so i said to Maggi, "give me a sweet an sour pork with some chilli and cashews added" and we were all happy. As usual she downsized my order to what she decided was right!

As a Brit., I am glad to be able to circumvent this thread - haven't looked at for a while, but I am very glad there is now one place people can have their 'fun'; just sorry it has to be on Silversea or any other cruise line board. No connection with Silversea at all, it is just where they have put themselves. So be like me, and ignore it; I do wish they would put it somewhere more general, or just for the sort of Brits who are interested, however.

Hey gentle posters...

This thread is for everyone to post! (or not)... No need to stay on topic, (there isn't one), just post away! :)

Host Dan

Well, that is fine Dan, but maybe you are the person to move it somewhere else. It has absolutely nothing to do with Silversea, and virtually nothing to do with cruising.:(

When one floats an idea it either sinks or swims and one simply smiles and shrugs. That is, after all "life".

However, what really saddens me is when one notices a pattern of behaviour in some others who are so angry, and intolerant and so hate to see others enjoy themselves when they are clearly not, that the only enjoyment they seem to derive from their lives is to pleasure themselves by becoming serial trashers.

It reflects more on them and their lives than it does on those they seek to constantly harass.

The "water cooler" thread over on the Seabourn boards has worked out for off-topic, non-cruise posts for a few years now. For those that are opposed, I suggest simply ignoring the thread.

Host Dan

The "water cooler" thread over on the Seabourn boards has worked out for off-topic, non-cruise posts for a few years now. For those that are opposed, I suggest simply ignoring the thread.

Host Dan

I have found that the ignore feature has worked quite well lately. Go to "User CP" at the top left of the screen and click. On the left hand side, you will see a banner that is titled "User Control Panel". In the "Settings and Options" section click on "edit ignore list." Then add the user names of those you wish to ignore. This way, if you are curious about something interesting that might come up on this thread, you will see all the posts except the posts of those on your ignore list.

Edited by Herman The Cat