Live from Allure of the Seas - August 25, 2013

Daghis

I know there is at least one ladder on the side where you were of the cabana's in Labadee. I saw it in the picture. You probably had high tide so the ladder was not visible & under the water. I hope we have high tide. All on that side of the beach have steps down to the water but if it is low tide, there is a ladder from the end of the steps down into the water. It looked like it was for cabanas 5 & 6. Number 7 & 8 might have one too but the pictures I saw the tide came up to the steps so it wasn't low tide enough to need them. We will pray the water is high when we are there then it won't be an issue.

I have some pictures, so I may be able to count later, but I'm not sure I'd be able to see them all as some are further back and out of view from where I took the pictures. I don't know how many they have.

I know what you mean, though. My group that's going next October has 3 over-the-water cabanas. I hope they're adjacent, too. Perhaps that can be arranged by talking with the Explorations! desk staff after you board.

Thank you for trying and for the suggestion to talk with the Explorations desk after we board. Will try and do that. Great review. Thanks

Wife and I have always cruised Carnival(Conquest/Magic) but considering cruising december 2014(50th Birthday) with RCL(Allure). Do you recommend RCL and what are the differences? Wife and I are laid back hipsters...lol :D:D

Wife and I have always cruised Carnival(Conquest/Magic) but considering cruising december 2014(50th Birthday) with RCL(Allure). Do you recommend RCL and what are the differences? Wife and I are laid back hipsters...lol :D:D

Let me tell you my perspective as a loyal Carnival cruiser that is platinum on CCL........just do it. I had only been on one RCI cruise (Mariner) before the Allure. After being on the Mariner, I thought its a pretty ship but Carnival was still my cup of tea. Then I went with friends on the Allure earlier this year. I am hooked on this ship. I had a head injury because I was hit by a bicyclist in Ft Lauderdale the night before the cruise. And even with a bleeding head the whole time, I had so much fun on this cruise. There is so much to see and do on this ship that I didn't even care as much about the ports. I liked it so much I booked the Oasis for 2015 so I could do some things I didn't get to do on the Allure like the zipline or enjoy the pools because of my head injury.

The Allure and Oasis are destinations all on their own. If your into shows, you will be very pleased. The dining options are many. You do not need to pay extra for a great meal as the dining room is very good. There are endless options for activities and entertainment, you wont be bored, that is for sure. You can be as laid back or as active as you want. You should step away from Carnival and see what else is out there. For that you are picking the largest ship at sea. You wont be disappointed. :D

Let me tell you my perspective as a loyal Carnival cruiser that is platinum on CCL........just do it. I had only been on one RCI cruise (Mariner) before the Allure. After being on the Mariner, I thought its a pretty ship but Carnival was still my cup of tea. Then I went with friends on the Allure earlier this year. I am hooked on this ship. I had a head injury because I was hit by a bicyclist in Ft Lauderdale the night before the cruise. And even with a bleeding head the whole time, I had so much fun on this cruise. There is so much to see and do on this ship that I didn't even care as much about the ports. I liked it so much I booked the Oasis for 2015 so I could do some things I didn't get to do on the Allure like the zipline or enjoy the pools because of my head injury.

Funny you said that. Last august my son got married on the magic and wife's shoulder was in pain the first night so bad that we had to go to see the ship doctor. He said she had a rotator cuff and gave her meds/sling. We had a blast the rest of the cruise. :D:D Heck...2 years ago we missed 2 ports because of bad weather and it was by far the best cruise. We don't complain...we cruise to relax and enjoy...lol

The Allure and Oasis are destinations all on their own. If your into shows, you will be very pleased. The dining options are many. You do not need to pay extra for a great meal as the dining room is very good. There are endless options for activities and entertainment, you wont be bored, that is for sure. You can be as laid back or as active as you want. You should step away from Carnival and see what else is out there. For that you are picking the largest ship at sea. You wont be disappointed. :D

Yep...Leaning toward that. I guess we get cmfortable with Galveston being 15 min away. A co-worker was on the allure and loved it. Going to try to find the months that have the best prices....hopefully after september 2014

Here are some scavenger hunt photos. How many of these iconic images can you recognize?

What is the scavenger hunt? And when is it?

There is a video scavenger hunt that the ship offers. I don't know when it is.

My scavenger hunt is different, offering a series of pictures from around the ship and people try to figure out where I took those pictures.

Much thanks for the review. We will be sailing Allure for the fourth time on September 29.

I am glad to see somebody else who enjoys Vintages. We actually have dinner there at least once a cruise, it's very relaxing and a needed break from the heavy (but also enjoyable) meals we usually have. The black footed pig ham in Vintages is wonderful and compared to what it costs in Spain it may be the best bargain on board.

I didn't see whether you were eating at 150, this is my favorite restaurant at sea and I think pretty comparable to the best restaurants I have been to on land. ENJOY!!

Yes, Vintages is nice. I was there this afternoon doing some knitting. It's very comfortable and nice and quiet. Plus, Michelle being one of the bartenders there makes it a definite plus in my book.

No, we're not planning on dining at 150 Central Park. It's a bit too formal for my tastes. We tend to be rather casual when we cruise.

Others have answered you already, but I'd also recommend Royal Caribbean. There are so many things to do on Allure that you are sure to find things that you like to be as laid back or as adventurous as you want. I love this ship!

Here are some more scavenger hunt photos for y'all. I see that there have been some good guesses so far, but I won't reveal any official answers until I put together the quiz and answer documents when I get home.

normal_image%7E57.jpg

normal_image%7E58.jpg

normal_image%7E59.jpg

normal_image%7E60.jpg

Labadee looks wonderful!!

Hope you enjoy Giovanni's tonight...

Here's a question for you .. What's the situation with the escargot? Many have said the ship is not serving escargot --- is it available??

We were on Allure 2 weeks ago and we asked our MDR waiter about it. He said there had been a global shortage of snails for several months now that they just replaced it with scallops.

He said the shortage is probably because of that movie Turbo, where a lot of snails have now learned to run faster, and therefore nobody can catch them anymore...He is such a funny guy!! :p

We missed the little yummy critters though but we still ordered the bay scallops every night :D

We were on Allure 2 weeks ago and we asked our MDR waiter about it. He said there had been a global shortage of snails for several months now that they just replaced it with scallops.

He said the shortage is probably because of that movie Turbo, where a lot of snails have now learned to run faster, and therefore nobody can catch them anymore...He is such a funny guy!! :p

We missed the little yummy critters though but we still ordered the bay scallops every night :D

DSC08589-L.jpg

Escargot mystery solved! We ran across this little guy while strolling in Central Park one night. We let him continue on his way and we prefer scallops anyway.:)

DSC08589-L.jpg

Escargot mystery solved! We ran across this little guy while strolling in Central Park one night. We let him continue on his way and we prefer scallops anyway.:)

Now thats funny! It's amazing how much "alive" stuff there is in CP! (Weve seen birds, insects etc) I just hope that because its an interior park its less likely to introduce any foreign invaders to places where they don't belong! It happens already with other kinds of ships, but now for the first time there is a ship with an incubator!:eek:

I've heard that the reason that escargot isn't offered anymore is because of a shortage- so not only is not being sustainably "fished", but it's also very expensive because of that!

Hope your enjoying your cruise. Just wondering how many restaurants are free on the ship and how many are paid? Im planning a trip on either the Oasis or the Allure for after I have graduated from University next year, so the more information I can get the better. As ill need to save as much as possible to get from Tasmania over to the states to start off with.

Also looking forward to more photos from around the ship and ports :)

Hope your enjoying your cruise. Just wondering how many restaurants are free on the ship and how many are paid? Im planning a trip on either the Oasis or the Allure for after I have graduated from University next year, so the more information I can get the better. As ill need to save as much as possible to get from Tasmania over to the states to start off with.

Also looking forward to more photos from around the ship and ports :)

This is a helpful guide:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/10020614_Allure_Specialty_Restaurant_Flyer.pdf

Good morning, my Cruise Critic friends!

Last night's dinner was at the Windjammer and was quite tasty. I like that they seat you now instead of having to hunt for your own table. Plus, they bring you your drinks so you don't have to juggle the drink cup as well. That made it easier to get a drink from our soda package, too.

We went to the comedy show. The first comedian, Dan Grueter, was just okay. He spent far too much time responding to/interacting with hecklers and commenting like "Isn't my time up yet? (sigh)" The second comedian, AJ Jamal, was much better. He had much more energy and was a lot of fun.

And here we are on Day 5, an "at sea" day in the Caribbean. We are heading toward our last port of call, Cozumel, Mexico.

Bryan and I looked through the Cruise Compass and didn't find much to do. We are going to try the slot tournament again to see whether we can get into the top 12 for a chance to win a free cruise.

First up, though, is finding something for breakfast, the first of what, seventeen meals throughout the day? :)

We12brich... ROFL!!! I will be sure to tell that to my twins!! HA HA HA HA

DSC08589-L.jpg

LOL... Who knew we needed to head over to CP for 'a' escargot! HA HA HA

Archived