Live from Allure of the Seas - August 25, 2013

Daghis

Here are some pictures of the new Coke cup.

normal_image%7E54.jpg

This is a very cool cup. Will look great in my collection when we go next year.

Question: Is there only one design with the new cup? Or is there a choice of colors or graphics (if you were to have bought the soda package) at the table on boarding day?

It's always been our tradition to buy the soda package on boarding day, so we can choose the cup and get a different color each year. If they're all the same now, we may as well pre-order the package. Thanks for all the information and pictures.

Question: Is there only one design with the new cup? Or is there a choice of colors or graphics (if you were to have bought the soda package) at the table on boarding day?

It's always been our tradition to buy the soda package on boarding day, so we can choose the cup and get a different color each year. If they're all the same now, we may as well pre-order the package. Thanks for all the information and pictures.

I'll have to ask Bryan as I didn't pay attention to the soda package displays when we boarded. I'll let you know what he says.

You are right on the money. ;)

Janetz, Did we sail on Crown Princess (Southern Caribbean) in 2007? In the spring, around March or April?

IIRC, AJ Jamal was the comedian on one of our cruises, too. There's always one who is so-so and one who is a little better.

Enjoy your day at sea! What are your plans for Cozumel?

Happy sailing!!! Happy Birthday!!! I'm enjoying your thread so much and it's my first time reading a live review. Thanks for posting. We will be sailing on this beauty in November and I can't wait, and yes I'm jealous of you right now.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Hope your enjoying your cruise. Just wondering how many restaurants are free on the ship and how many are paid? Im planning a trip on either the Oasis or the Allure for after I have graduated from University next year, so the more information I can get the better. As ill need to save as much as possible to get from Tasmania over to the states to start off with.

Also looking forward to more photos from around the ship and ports :)

There are lots of free options on the ship. My DH & I only ate at one specialty restaurant (Samba), went to dinner once at Johnny Rockets which was minimal and I had an ice cream sunday once and that is all we paid for. We had hot dogs at the Dog House, frequently ate at Park Cafe and Johnny Rockets has free breakfast, of course windjammer and there was another place aft that had made to order omelettes plus the MDR. We certainly never went hungry and our bill onboard was pretty low.

We had the same style of soda cup but a different design on our Allure cruise April/May this year. I prefer pre-paying as you have the magic code on your card instead of a sticker they add which is nice since you don't always have your cup with you (dining room etc).

I can't believe you are at day 5 already Marc. It's going way too fast.

There are lots of free options on the ship. My DH & I only ate at one specialty restaurant (Samba), went to dinner once at Johnny Rockets which was minimal and I had an ice cream sunday once and that is all we paid for. We had hot dogs at the Dog House, frequently ate at Park Cafe and Johnny Rockets has free breakfast, of course windjammer and there was another place aft that had made to order omelettes plus the MDR. We certainly never went hungry and our bill onboard was pretty low.

We had the same style of soda cup but a different design on our Allure cruise April/May this year. I prefer pre-paying as you have the magic code on your card instead of a sticker they add which is nice since you don't always have your cup with you (dining room etc).

I can't believe you are at day 5 already Marc. It's going way too fast.

Don't forget the Wipeout Cafe and the Solarium Bistro, also free and also very tasty. :)

Bill

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

They found a table for us when we'd arrive for breakfast. Be careful and take turns getting your food.

The "maitre d'" would put the wrapped silverware on the cleaned table. If the entire party goes off to get food, you could come back to diners already eating. I think that happened to us the first time -- after that we took turns getting our food. To be honest, I'd probably do the same thing -- see a clean table and grab it, even if there was silverware already there.

Don't forget the Wipeout Cafe and the Solarium Bistro, also free and also very tasty. :)

Bill

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

Wipe out cafe is the one I mentioned that makes omelettes but I forgot the name of it. I ate at the Solarium bistro once but wasn't impressed. It is full of healthy stuff.:rolleyes: Not whats on my mind when I'm cruising. They transform the Solarium Bistrio into the Samba Grill at night.

I have heard about this, is this all day every day or only during certain meal time?

We ate there twice on Allure and they seated us just once. It looks to happen only when it starts to fill up. The time they did not seat us it was only about 40% -50% full.

Bill

Janetz, Did we sail on Crown Princess (Southern Caribbean) in 2007? In the spring, around March or April?

IIRC, AJ Jamal was the comedian on one of our cruises, too. There's always one who is so-so and one who is a little better.

Enjoy your day at sea! What are your plans for Cozumel?[/quote

No. We have not sailed on the Crown. In 2007 we sailed in Caribbean Princess. I think it was April 2007. ;)

No. We have not sailed on the Crown. In 2007 we sailed in Caribbean Princess. I think it was April 2007. ;)

Oh well, your screen name was familiar, but I guess it was just a little different.

Bound to run into another CC'er from a previous cruise at some point!

I love the Coke Cup, however, I don't drink soda. Can something like that be purchased outside of the 'soda' package to be used for the Iced Tea??

Those machines have flavored waters, punches lemonades and a bunch of other things you can drink. Pretty neat machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences! We just booked our first cruise and will be sailing on Allure June/July 2014...so excited! I am a little concerned about seasickness. Never got seasick in my life until recently when we went on a 1/2 day fishing trip just a few miles offshore, and my daughter did also. Do you notice any movement on Allure? I realize she is a mega ship and the larger the ship, the less movement. We will be doing, I believe, the same itinerary as you are, the 7-night Western Caribbean. Have you experienced any rough seas in the Caribbean or is it smooth sailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Marc and Bryan,

Have a great day at Nachi in Cozumel! I hope you have better weather than we did 2 weeks ago. I forgot to mention I got the best massage there! They are wonderful.

You have two different comedians from who we had-and it was just 2 wks ago. I didn't know they changed that fast!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Wow... Learning a lot about cruising on this!!! My best friend and I have booked a trip on Allure for January 2014, we are doing the Eastern itinerary and we are both first time cruisers. A couple of questions if that is ok? On Day 1 what time do people normally arrive to check in? Would you recommend that restaurants need to be booked prior to boarding or is it easy enough to get tables when you are on board? Have you tried any of the spa treatments and how would you rate them? You've mentioned some stuff about scavenger hunts, do they organise activities on board??? Our cabin we've booked is 9194.... Thoughts on that level? I'm just so overwhelmed by it all after reading your blog.... A good overwhelmed though!!!! We are coming from Australia so do you notice that there are a lot of different nationalities or are most people American? And for the most important question, do they have those crushed ice frozen margaritas on board??? Loving you blog and I'm hooked to reading it every night so thank you!

Hey Marc,

We just docked in Seattle. We'll be having brunch with Jay.

I haven't been following your posts but I look forward to reading them soon.

I am going to try and post a review of our cruise this weekend.

Is it October, 2014 yet.

I have heard about this, is this all day every day or only during certain meal time?

I've only been to Windjammer once and saw it then, but I don't know how common the practice is.

Enjoy your day at sea! What are your plans for Cozumel?

Thank you! We are heading over to Nachi Cocom. I've not been there before, but I've read so many positive things that I'm looking forward to checking it out.

I love the Coke Cup, however, I don't drink soda. Can something like that be purchased outside of the 'soda' package to be used for the Iced Tea??

No, the cup is only available with the fountain soda package.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences! We just booked our first cruise and will be sailing on Allure June/July 2014...so excited! I am a little concerned about seasickness. Never got seasick in my life until recently when we went on a 1/2 day fishing trip just a few miles offshore, and my daughter did also. Do you notice any movement on Allure? I realize she is a mega ship and the larger the ship, the less movement. We will be doing, I believe, the same itinerary as you are, the 7-night Western Caribbean. Have you experienced any rough seas in the Caribbean or is it smooth sailing?

It's been completely smooth. There is pretty much none of the normal movement you'd associate with sailing on the water.

Marc and Bryan,

Have a great day at Nachi in Cozumel! I hope you have better weather than we did 2 weeks ago. I forgot to mention I got the best massage there! They are wonderful.

You have two different comedians from who we had-and it was just 2 wks ago. I didn't know they changed that fast!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thank you! The weather seems nice looking out the balcony window, and I hope it's a nice day. The forecast temperature (according to the Cruise Compass) is only 79°, so that makes me happy.

Wow... Learning a lot about cruising on this!!! My best friend and I have booked a trip on Allure for January 2014, we are doing the Eastern itinerary and we are both first time cruisers. A couple of questions if that is ok? On Day 1 what time do people normally arrive to check in? Would you recommend that restaurants need to be booked prior to boarding or is it easy enough to get tables when you are on board? Have you tried any of the spa treatments and how would you rate them? You've mentioned some stuff about scavenger hunts, do they organise activities on board??? Our cabin we've booked is 9194.... Thoughts on that level? I'm just so overwhelmed by it all after reading your blog.... A good overwhelmed though!!!! We are coming from Australia so do you notice that there are a lot of different nationalities or are most people American? And for the most important question, do they have those crushed ice frozen margaritas on board??? Loving you blog and I'm hooked to reading it every night so thank you!

Royal Caribbean recommends that people arrive to check in after 12:30 PM, but that's when it's busiest. I like to arrive by 10:30 AM so I can get checked in and sit in the waiting area until it's time to board. Then I'm on the ship by 11:30 AM and can start relaxing.

Specialty restaurants should be booked in advance if the times you want are available, but if not, just take care of that when you board and you won't have any problems. We booked one specialty restaurant in advance (we had booked a package, so this was required), and we booked the rest on the TV in our stateroom. No problems whatsoever for us, but we tend to eat early before the rush, so it's not difficult to get our time slot.

No, I've not had a spa treatment, but Bryan did. He got a men's package (shave, facial, and scalp/neck/shoulders massage) and he enjoyed it.

There are TONS of activities onboard. Each day, the Cruise Compass in your cabin will list all of the activities available for you to enjoy.

Deck 9 is nice... it's convenient to Central Park (on deck 8). We were there on our Oasis cruise and enjoyed it.

There are lots of different nationalities onboard. I don't know exactly how many, but we often hear other languages being spoken by the other guests.

There are plenty of frozen (crushed ice) drinks available! I just had a frozen mai tai last night, in fact. :)

Hey Marc,

We just docked in Seattle. We'll be having brunch with Jay.

I haven't been following your posts but I look forward to reading them soon.

I am going to try and post a review of our cruise this weekend.

Is it October, 2014 yet.

Welcome back! I hope you had a great cruise. I look forward to reading your review.

I hope brunch is good. I can't wait to see y'all onboard again... in just about 13 months!

Archived