Live from Allure of the Seas - August 25, 2013

Daghis

Yesterday was a nice day of leisure. We started off with a late breakfast in Park Cafe, meandered through the ship, and hit up the slot tournament to try and improve our standings. I got first place in my qualifying round and Bryan got second. Overall, at this point, I'm in third place and Bryan is seventh. Hopefully we'll make it to the finals tomorrow and get a 2-in-12 chance to win a free cruise!

After that, I hung out in Vintages for a bit, tried some new wines, and continued to knit a bit on my scarf. That's a very relaxing venue!

Dinner last night was at Izumi. I ordered the same things I got last time and I wasn't disappointed. The food was very good!

Last night we saw Abbacadabra (or adbacadabra as they write it), an Abba tribute group. They were good, and Bryan really got into the music. I didn't love them, but it was still a pleasant way to pass the time.

We ended the night hanging out with new friends in the Champagne & Martini Bar before heading off to bed.

So, now we're getting ready for a late breakfast and then off to Nachi Cocom for the day. AccuWeather reports that the high will be 88°, and I trust them more than the Cruise Compass weather forecast, so I'll be spending much of the day sitting in the shade with a refreshing drink and a good book.

AccuWeather reports that the high will be 88°, and I trust them more than the Cruise Compass weather forecast, so I'll be spending much of the day sitting in the shade with a refreshing drink and a good book.

This sounds so nice. Enjoy!:)

I love the Coke Cup, however, I don't drink soda. Can something like that be purchased outside of the 'soda' package to be used for the Iced Tea??

During the week, a table was set up on the Royal Promenade (near the pub) where all the specialty drinkware was for sale. You may be able to pick up one of them there.

I love the Coke Cup, however, I don't drink soda. Can something like that be purchased outside of the 'soda' package to be used for the Iced Tea??

Considering it has a chip in it to activate the Freestyle soda machine, probably not. Now, on Celebrity (owned by RCCL) you can buy a soda or other package with as little as 2 nights left. Maybe you can do the same on Royal? That way you're out only $7x2? Or maybe find someone on CC or eBay selling theirs?

Nachi cannot be booked through the ship and only allows 100 people a day (but once when we were there Jose told us if business is slow for the week, they will make an exception to that rule:cool:)

Originally Posted by Daghis viewpost.gif

During my next Allure cruise in 2014, we'll be in 11329. It seems like a great cabin!

We are in 11329 next May, cannot wait to see the view from there!

I'm so jealous you'll be in "my pool" at Nachi today Daghis! Say hi to Jose for us!!!

Nachi cannot be booked through the ship and only allows 100 people a day (but once when we were there Jose told us if business is slow for the week, they will make an exception to that rule:cool:)

Nice ... I did find them online. Looks very nice and relaxing! I will have to investigate further. We just want to relax most of the week, swim with the kids ... but don't feel like unloading a lot on excursions.

Nice ... I did find them online. Looks very nice and relaxing! I will have to investigate further. We just want to relax most of the week, swim with the kids ... but don't feel like unloading a lot on excursions.

Our group just went there 2 wks ago today for our 3rd time.

We love it! I have some pictures I can share if you want to email me at my CC name @msn.com.

Wow... Learning a lot about cruising on this!!! My best friend and I have booked a trip on Allure for January 2014, we are doing the Eastern itinerary and we are both first time cruisers. A couple of questions if that is ok? On Day 1 what time do people normally arrive to check in? Would you recommend that restaurants need to be booked prior to boarding or is it easy enough to get tables when you are on board? Have you tried any of the spa treatments and how would you rate them? You've mentioned some stuff about scavenger hunts, do they organise activities on board??? Our cabin we've booked is 9194.... Thoughts on that level? I'm just so overwhelmed by it all after reading your blog.... A good overwhelmed though!!!! We are coming from Australia so do you notice that there are a lot of different nationalities or are most people American? And for the most important question, do they have those crushed ice frozen margaritas on board??? Loving you blog and I'm hooked to reading it every night so thank you!

Two weeks ago, we had passengers from 91 countries. South American countries were the biggest representatives and definitely several big groups from China. It might be different now because of back-to-school, etc.

Question ... Is Nachi Cocom an excursion booked through Royal - or on your own?

We booked it directly on a web site I can't recall right now. If you Google "Nachi Cocom", it'll probably be one of the first hits. Taxis to/from there are $16 each way.

Originally Posted by Daghis viewpost.gif

During my next Allure cruise in 2014, we'll be in 11329. It seems like a great cabin!

We are in 11329 next May, cannot wait to see the view from there!

I'm so jealous you'll be in "my pool" at Nachi today Daghis! Say hi to Jose for us!!!

Given that the view from 11323 is so good, I'm convinced that 11329 is going to be fabulous!

Our server was Manuel. He was very slow. After an hour of waiting for him to come back and take our food order, we went up to the main building to get food.

Bryan enjoyed Nachi Cocom more than I did. I thought it was just okay, and most of my negative opinions were due to the poor service. Another example: we'd order sodas with ice, and by the time that he brought our drinks to us a while later (15-20 minutes) with the ice in a separate cup, a noticeable amount of the ice had already melted in the cup.

Tonight's dinner is in the main dining room. It's the shiitake menu tonight. Then later on, we get to see Blue Planet. I enjoyed that show the last time I saw it.

The other night, I bought a silver "by the inch" necklace for DH. It should be ready to pick up this evening. I'm sure he'll love it.

We haven't seen too much of the cruise director (Ken Rush), surprisingly. We've missed many of the major events at which we'd expect to find him. When the Abbacadabra show ended, one of his staff came out to give the customary closing remarks. I've seen much more of him on TV and not at all in person.

Anyway, we're off to get a pre-dinner drink and then din-din!

Given that the view from 11323 is so good, I'm convinced that 11329 is going to be fabulous!

Wow! We have never had a less than exceptional day at Nachi in 8 trips there! Jose is the bartender. But it is laid back there:cool: But the calm relaxing atmosphere, the great food and all you can drink with no big crowds has been the big draw back for us. We stay at the swim up most of the day except for occasional beach forays, usually end up eating there...but I will tell you that they have been taken over by new management about a year ago and that may explain it. We were last there in April with friends who had never been and they loved it. But to each his own.

Yep...Leaning toward that. I guess we get cmfortable with Galveston being 15 min away. A co-worker was on the allure and loved it. Going to try to find the months that have the best prices....hopefully after september 2014

CAUTION! The Oasis will be doing a transatlantic on Sept. 1, 2014 which will make the Allure the only Oasis class ship in Caribbean service for 2 months. So prices may not be reasonable.

Wow! We have never had a less than exceptional day at Nachi in 8 trips there! Jose is the bartender. But it is laid back there:cool: But the calm relaxing atmosphere, the great food and all you can drink with no big crowds has been the big draw back for us. We stay at the swim up most of the day except for occasional beach forays, usually end up eating there...but I will tell you that they have been taken over by new management about a year ago and that may explain it. We were last there in April with friends who had never been and they loved it. But to each his own.

Not to be rude, but I don't follow the "to each his own" remark. Poor service is poor service and what he subscribed was poor service.

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

Great reprt

Did they happen to mention when the C and A coupons were going electronic? We will be onboard in three weeks :) Thanks

No, they didn't. I don't know whether it would have come up at the Captain's Corner as we were unable to attend that while we were trying to check in and secure business class upgrades for tomorrow's flight.

Last day of the cruise...

And a big day! Today's the slot tournament finals. Here's hoping for a free cruise!!

We're about to head down and have lunch at Johnny Rockets. We did have milkshakes there once, but haven't been there for food yet. It's a tradition for us to get there at least once, and with so much to enjoy onboard Allure of the Seas, it's hard to get a chance to do it! All the more reason that ships like these really do well with B2B cruises.

We've got a couple WOW cards to deliver today. I hope that they are well received and do something good for them to recognize them for their excellent service.

Tonight's dinner is Chops. We're saving one of the best for last. It'll be a great way to finish off the cruise!

Not to be rude, but I don't follow the "to each his own" remark. Poor service is poor service and what he subscribed was poor service.

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

"To Each His Own" means to me, what might annoy one may not annoy another. But....I am not on this thread to argue semantics. I'm just having fun with Daghis.:D

I cannot believe it has been six weeks since we sailed, and it is so nice to hear about the Allure again.

I wonder if I could possibly talk to the DH and book another cruise.

Oh, keep posting, and hopefully It will entice him also.

Sea Ya

I cannot believe it has been six weeks since we sailed, and it is so nice to hear about the Allure again.

I wonder if I could possibly talk to the DH and book another cruise.

Oh, keep posting, and hopefully It will entice him also.

Sea Ya

Oasis? :)

Archived