Live from Allure of the Seas - August 25, 2013

Daghis

Still fresh off the Allure (Aug. 11-18, 2013) I am very excited to read about your experiences and learn your take on things LIVE! It was my very first time on the Allure and she has hooked me into wanting to try her fraternal twin the Oasis :D.

Side note:

Nachi Cocom - although we got rain it was a very nice place to relax by the beach, swim in the pool and make new friends in the Jacuzzi. The food was decent enough, I loved what my wife ordered better than my own, the drinks were pretty good (according to my 23 year old son) and the price, well as an all inclusive it was AWESOME! (I'm from the expensive world of New York City!)

Rita's - I would recommend the dinner and with 3 margaritas for $20 if you like to laugh, sing, dance and just be jolly. They do a great dinner party.

Falmouth - like you we decided to enjoy an emptier ship but I did hear good things about Liberty Tours Jamaica (LTJ) and the "secret" falls.

Lastly, my best advice would be not to try and tour the whole ship in one or two days. Take your time with it, the discoveries are wonderful.

Have fun!

Love that your doing a live review, its like going on a cruise for my birthday haha.. Have fun and I look forward to more!

Happy birthday!

Lastly, my best advice would be not to try and tour the whole ship in one or two days. Take your time with it, the discoveries are wonderful.

Have fun!

Thanks! We've actually been on Allure before so this week is going to be a great chance to see what we missed last time.

And as far as the "live"-ness of this thread, if the cruise gets too exciting and I need a break from blogging, I know everyone will be understanding. Still, I'm willing to give this a try because I know it can be fun for me... and the others reading along![/quote

Whatever you decide to do we will understand. I can't wait to hear about all the details of your cruise. I cruise the day after you in March, can't wait!

All checked in! It took maybe 5 minutes to check in once we got through security. Now we are upstairs, waiting in the Emerald section. We're, not surprisingly, the first ones here!

We were given WOW cards at check in without needing to ask for them. That was a first for us.

Boarding should begin at roughly 11:15-11:30. People were still disembarking when I last looked.

Thats the 1st time I recieved a WOW card too, and actually filled one out.

Look for Andrew Tomlinson, who is a bar server. I filled out a wow card on him. He is HILARIOUS...he will be walking around the pool deck with those frozen umbrella drinks saying "Its finger licking good, tastes like chicken"

I was laughing so hard. But here's the funny thing-He was working on my Dec LOS cruise and I wanted to fill out a WOW card on him then, but forgot about it! So I am glad they hand them out. He said he transfered to the ALLURE in May.

Wahoo! You're one step closer to being on the ship. Though by now your mostly likely already on the ship.

Back in April when I was on the Jewel I was talking with one of the bartenders and about the WOW cards and told her I was going to give her one. I asked what recognition do you get from RC with them and she stated nothing really, when she gets them she hangs them on her wall in cabin to remember her guests. She said the surveys at the end of the cruise are the most important and high scores of course are the most important. With that information I was sure to mention her in the survey to receive proper recognition.

Thanks again for your live from!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Here I am at Terminal 18. Our plans went too well, and we got here at the terminal a few minutes ago. We, and about 50 of our new friends, are waiting outside the doors of the terminal.

And as far as the "live"-ness of this thread, if the cruise gets too exciting and I need a break from blogging, I know everyone will be understanding. Still, I'm willing to give this a try because I know it can be fun for me... and the others reading along!

Your enjoyment comes first. It is your vacation to enjoy. Have fun.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Forums mobile app

Your screen name appears quite appropriate, then! :)

Actually, it is appropriate. I work for a public school. I am seldom in bed before 12:30 am, and up before 6:30 am during the school year. I find I do my best creative work before 9:30 pm and midnight. I am a frustrated artist. I do craft fairs throughout the school year. In my ideal world, I would "create" all day long, only taking time out to eat and shower. The rest of the silly household chores - housework, cooking, cleaning, laundry would be done by mysterious, invisible elves.

During my next Allure cruise in 2014, we'll be in 11329. It seems like a great cabin!

I'll be sure to take pictures of the public aft balcony there.

And it's my birthday, too... well, today is. I'm still considering this to be a birthday cruise. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes. We will be in 11329 on the Oasis. Our group has the next two cabin down from us and the four furthest aft OV balconies across the hall. We plan to use the "secret balcony" on Deck 11 as "OUR secret balcony", LOL.:D Thank you for posting the pictures in advance.

And Happy Birthday!

Actually, we're at Rita's Cantina enjoying some chips and salsa before my shrimp tacos arrive.

I'm happy to report that we managed to get the last available cabana at Labadee! Yay!

Good for you guys!! Can't wait to see those pictures!!!

HAVE FUN!!!

Actually, we're at Rita's Cantina enjoying some chips and salsa before my shrimp tacos arrive.

I'm happy to report that we managed to get the last available cabana at Labadee! Yay!

Good for you! I am so glad you were able to get one. What was it? Hillside, beach or Over-the -water? Our group just reserved three Over-the-water cabanas for May of 2015! I couldn't believe they were available so far out. But since we needed three of them we figured we shouldn't wait.

How wonderful!

We sail Allure next month, and O am looking forward to reading about your sailing.

Bon voyage.

Anxiously awaiting more!! Hope you have a fantastic trip! We're doing Western on Oasis next month, and we are beyond excited! We reserved an OTW cabana on Labadee, and we're going to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel as well. Excited to see pics and to hear your thoughts! :)

So cool you had such an easy embarkation. Let's us know how the shrimp tacos are...

Very cool about the cabana in Labadee... we are in a suite and considering a cabana, but not sure it's worth $250. Would be great to hear the location of your cabana and what comes with it.

Bon Voyage!!!!!

Have a fantastic time!

Glad you were able to snag a Cabana in Labadee. They're so worth the price(especially if you can split the cost with friends;))

I appreciate you taking time out of your vacation to share your adventure with us.

We loved the Allure and can't wait to relive it through your posts.

First off, love the live reviews. I am looking forward to my cruise on the Allure later this year.

Have fun!

That was one of the reasons we decided to do a B2B on the Allure. We didn't want to miss anything. :)

Wishing you a terrific cruise! I was on the Oasis in May and the Allure last year. The Allure is my favorite. Loved the BW balcony. In Jamaica we went to Rose Hall Hilton and loved the resort. Great place to chill. Bon Voyage. I'm subscribed and will be watching the sail away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D The Oasis was first for us and the Allure this past May. Oasis is my favorite. I guess because it was the first of the two.

Good for you! I am so glad you were able to get one. What was it? Hillside, beach or Over-the -water? Our group just reserved three Over-the-water cabanas for May of 2015! I couldn't believe they were available so far out. But since we needed three of them we figured we shouldn't wait.

We got an over-the-water cabana at Nellie's Beach.

We're going with a group of friends on Allure next October, and we've already snagged three over-the-water cabanas for our group. I was very happy to be able to reserve them well over a year in advance to ensure that we get them. We're going to have a grand ol' time in Labadee, both this cruise and the next couple!

So cool you had such an easy embarkation. Let's us know how the shrimp tacos are...

Very cool about the cabana in Labadee... we are in a suite and considering a cabana, but not sure it's worth $250. Would be great to hear the location of your cabana and what comes with it.

The shrimp tacos were okay. There was a lot of shrimp in them, so I give them credit for that, but I think I would have preferred to get beef instead now that I've tried them. I also had the banana enchiladas which were quite tasty.

The cabanas are definitely worth it in a group to split the cost. Even without, it's a great place to relax and comes with water, floating mats, a cabana attendant who'll bring you drinks and such, and an upgraded lunch buffet (including steak and shrimp).

I've only had cabanas at Barefoot Beach in the past, so this will be interesting to see what they're like over at Nellie's.

Archived