Where is Sue Denning

sailnjmom49

Sue is on the eclipse and gets off tomorrow for a break. She comes back after summer to eclipse and said she never works Xmas and returns February

Sue returned for July 11 th cruise.

She said they now only have 2 months off, but she will be home for Christmas.

Cel X mission statement appears to be to provide Modern Luxury. much debate about towels etc but perhaps a different perspective . the bars and dining are changing,not to everybody's pleasing but hey ho .

So why is the Cruise Director's remit still to provide 1970's shows nightly and as for the daytime activities - please : putting on a 'lawn' that is3 inches long . water polo in a tiny pool ,bingo !

Cel X need to completely revamp this part of the operation . Current offering is a cross between Butlins & Hi de Hi [emoji14]

What entertainment would you like to see that would fit in with your vision of modern luxury and which shows are 1970's? I am not being critical but genuinely interested in your views.

SO HAPPY to read this.

They've just dropped our favorite port (Bonaire) from the itinerary, along with the other changes so at least now I know there will be non-stop entertainment on the cruise!

Hi Karen,

I just noticed this thread and so glad I did. We will be on the Eclipse in May doing an Iceland cruise. I am so glad that we will get to cruise with Sue again.

^ Also curious! Sorry, out of sequence -- why denied entry to Curacao?

Easter Monday 2013.

It was too windy. We hovered near the entrance to the port for about an hour and then we were told it would be another sea day at approx 9am. It was announced that there would be a programme of activities available at 09.30, but from what Sue told us a few days later, she was woken early and warned she needed to put a 'Sea Day' programme together.

Sue demonstrated scarf folding!

Edited by upwarduk

Hi Karen,

I just noticed this thread and so glad I did. We will be on the Eclipse in May doing an Iceland cruise. I am so glad that we will get to cruise with Sue again.

Hi Mike.

Glad you (and we) will have Sue on your (our) cruise!

On top of her bubbly non-stop personality she puts together the best program of activities of any CD we've ever sailed with (we don't have as many cruises under our belt as you do but we do have 40 some.)

Easter Monday 2013.

It was too windy. We hovered near the entrance to the port for about an hour and then we were told it would be another sea day at approx 9am. It was announced that there would be a programme of activities available at 09.30, but from what Sue told us a few days later, she was woken early and warned she needed to put a 'Sea Day' programme together.

Sue demonstrated scarf folding!

We've had this happen to us twice while trying to dock in Curacao because of the wind.

It makes me really question what will happen now that we have two days there instead of one. :confused: ... :( ... :confused:

Hi Mike.

Glad you (and we) will have Sue on your (our) cruise!

On top of her bubbly non-stop personality she puts together the best program of activities of any CD we've ever sailed with (we don't have as many cruises under our belt as you do but we do have 40 some.)

Karen, you do indeed. We also have 40 cruises under our belt.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just off the Eclipse TA and Sue herself said she was going to Millennium in January

:mad: ... :( ...:mad:

One by one all of the things I was looking forward to on our February cruise are disappearing.

Maybe it'll be us that disappear next.

:mad: ... :( ...:mad:

One by one all of the things I was looking forward to on our February cruise are disappearing.

Maybe it'll be us that disappear next.

If this is true I will be one happy camper as we board the Millie in Feb and Sue is definitely TOP NOTCH

Just off the Eclipse TA and Sue herself said she was going to Millennium in January

We are just off Eclipse TA too and heard Sue was getting off with us. Yes, that is great news that she will be on Millennium with us. She does a great job. One night she gave her One Woman Show starting at 11:30PM and the next day she was giving her usual 6AM report. I don't know how she exists on so little sleep.

Thats good news for us. Everyone is different but we find her style to be , to steal Mr T's line , grating .

We are on Eclipse in January and pleased that Millennium's loss is our gain[emoji33].

Last year we sailed 11 days on the Equinox (with a CD who shall remain nameless) followed immediately by 14 on the Eclipse (with Sue).

The difference in the scheduling, quality and amount of entertainment was glaring!

The Equinox was pretty much dead after 10 and the Eclipse (with those "senior" cruisers the previous poster alluded to) was hopping well into the night with a variety of things going on all over the ship!

Sue is a Master CD!!!

Edited by chamima

Last year we sailed 11 days on the Equinox (with a CD who shall remain nameless) followed immediately by 14 on the Eclipse (with Sue).

The difference in the scheduling, quality and amount of entertainment was glaring!

The Equinox was pretty much dead after 10 and the Eclipse (with those "senior" cruisers the previous poster alluded to) was hopping well into the night with a variety of things going on all over the ship!

Sue is a Master CD!!!

well everyone is different 🤓

personally, I would rather have root canal work than endure 14 nights with this CD .