New Captains Club Level

diligaf51

This morning I received a email from a friend who is on the Infinity now. They are trying the new VIP program. It is in Michaels club. Suite guests and people with 50 + tier credits. ( only 3 people with 50 + ) They let my friend bring in guests not staying in her cabin. They are also allowed to take drinks and wine out of the club to bring to dinner. Sorry that is all the information I have. Leave for Barcelona for cruise on Equinox on Monday. After my next cruise in April I will have 38 tier credits. Will still need 12 more. Oh No.

Just read this on another thread.

Any chance this is one of the new levels????

Any chance? Sure. A good chance, who knows? Could be a new level available to all who qualify, could be a perk offered from time to time based on the demographics of any given cruise, could be an experiment destined for the circular file. Nobody knows

"Those who know aren't speaking. Those who are speaking don't know."

The longer they delay the changes the more upset people become regarding "changes". By dragging it out for so long those people who will be affected in a possible negative way, will be even more upset. They are and have created a MONSTER that could come around and bite them in the butt!!

Just my opinion.

The longer they delay the changes the more upset people become regarding "changes". By dragging it out for so long those people who will be affected in a possible negative way, will be even more upset. They are and have created a MONSTER that could come around and bite them in the butt!!

Just my opinion.

FWIW, Friday night the CC hostess on my cruise said she has been told there will be two new levels above Elite and no one will lose any benefits they earned to date. The new levels are supposed to be announced by the end of this year. She said she didn't know anything else, that this is all they have been told.

So... we'll see. But she did say no one will lose any benefits. The new levels will add benefits for those who qualify.

What actually happens remains to be seen. Maybe. If it ever happens. In any of our lifetimes. LOL

We can hope, right Cruisestitch ?

The intersting part is, Celebrity is being soooooooo tight-lipped

Maybe, they are trying to find a way to soften the blow (to a few) that the Captain's Club tiers will now be based on the actual sea days with Celebrity.

Doesn't 11 day cruise only get 1 point same as 7day? It would help most people to get actual sea day credit.

We currently have 15 points and are sailing Millie Nov 2nd B2B Hawaii to Singapore 35 days in AQ A1 cabins.

How many points is this cruise worth under current system?

I figure 6 points but this is also the equivalent to 5 seven day cruises in AC which would be worth 10 points. We are paying about the equivalent fare ... this is a pricy cruise.

We have done 3 cruises that were 10 and 11 days which totaled 32 days but only received 3 points which can be had with 3 cruises of 7 days for a total of 21 days sailed. So 11 days with no points credit?

Edited by baldercash

Doesn't 11 day cruise only get 1 point same as 7day? It would help most people to get actual sea day credit.

We currently have 15 points and are sailing Millie Nov 2nd B2B Hawaii to Singapore 35 days in AQ cabins.

How many points is this cruise worth under current system?

You will get 6 points. it's an 18 day followed by a 17 day. 1 each for sailing with "X", an extra point each because they're both 12 days or more and an extra point each because you've booked an AQ category cabin

What they did at Princess was they added a counting system. You attained advanced status either by the original point system similar to what Celebrity does now, but they added a days at sea system too., Which ever you advanced first with was what they applied.

Edited by A Sixth?

Keep in mind that when RCL changed from cruise "credits" to "points" based on days, they did NOT go back and look at past cruises to count days. They CONVERTED history and then used days going forward. In my opinion, they did that to level the field that gave equal credits for 3-day and 11-day cruises. That isn't as big a deal here as Celebrity hasn't had as many really short cruises. But they made some adjustments in their formulas so that it did work out that only a few were actually further away from their next level and even fewer (if any) actually lost a level. But just about everyone who even thought they were negatively impacted posted about it frequently (isn't that always the way it is? :D). It was a process that worked rather well in the big picture and I can't imagine Celebrity would try to design something different.

So I (like everyone else) am speculating that Celebrity will do the same thing. Whether or not they will keep the tier thresholds the same is another question. I speculate they will in order to maintain reciprocity.

Getting excited (or angry) now is a waste of time and energy. But speculating is a favorite pastime here and I am as guilty as anyone else.

• 1 month later...
I heard on the Constellation last week that the new loyalty levels will be announced on Nov 18. I hope there more bennies for those with 35 cruise points or more. No details were known.

Who did you hear this from? Was it the Capt's Club Hostess?

Or did you hear it from another passenger who heard it from someone

else?:eek:

I heard on the Constellation last week that the new loyalty levels will be announced on Nov 18. I hope there more bennies for those with 35 cruise points or more. No details were known.

I am so happy that Celebrity will finally recognize the elites from northern New Jersey. I knew all those weekends down the shore would finally pay off!;)

Edited by bayonnejoe

I am so happy that Celebrity will finally recognize the elites from northern New Jersey. I knew all those weekends down the shore would finally pay off!;)

HAHA!! That is funny! I grew up near the shore totally forgot about the term Benny. :D

If the new tiers ARE announced, no one will believe it. :cool:

Got that right.... New car and 4lb of cheese for every dedicated cruiser with 45 credits. If all the credits were made one credit at a time on cruises of less than 5 nights. You must be dedicated.

Keep in mind that when RCL changed from cruise "credits" to "points" based on days, they did NOT go back and look at past cruises to count days. They CONVERTED history and then used days going forward. In my opinion, they did that to level the field that gave equal credits for 3-day and 11-day cruises. That isn't as big a deal here as Celebrity hasn't had as many really short cruises. But they made some adjustments in their formulas so that it did work out that only a few were actually further away from their next level and even fewer (if any) actually lost a level. But just about everyone who even thought they were negatively impacted posted about it frequently (isn't that always the way it is? :D). It was a process that worked rather well in the big picture and I can't imagine Celebrity would try to design something different.

So I (like everyone else) am speculating that Celebrity will do the same thing. Whether or not they will keep the tier thresholds the same is another question. I speculate they will in order to maintain reciprocity.

Getting excited (or angry) now is a waste of time and energy. But speculating is a favorite pastime here and I am as guilty as anyone else.

I beleive NO ONE lost a level at the RCCL conversion. If one was Diamond prior to the conversion, they were diamond after. A few were now further away from the next level. No one lost a category, but those who came out the worst, were those who had only longer ( more than 7 night) cruises.

RCCL had a formula that each cruise credit was worth 7 points and then they basically added 13 extra points ( to compensate for longer sailings) for those who had more than 10 cruises (regardless of how many one had over 10, they still got 13 extra points.) Those under 10 cruise credits got a few less extra points. As an example, I had 49 cruise credits at the conversion and that equated 356 points ( 49 x 7 = 343 then plus 13 = 356).

They added a new category in the lower tiers and named the 100 cruise credit category for a total of 6 categories. They made no change to the large spread of Diamond Plus to Pinnacle. ( D plus was 25-99 cruise credits, now it is 175-699 points.)

I am anxious to see what Celebrity does with any point conversion and if and how the RCCL and Celebrity programs handle reciprocity.

M

Which means that they will probably do what Royal did, when they converted. Royal already had 24 pts being Diamond Plus, so my guess is 24 points will convert over to 175 new points and be Elite+. Then they will add a Pinnacle type level for the new point value of 700. This way they will have full parity between lines and no loss of benefits.

I am not sure how much they would take away from Elite. The biggest thing that Diamond lost a few years back on Royal was access to the Concierge lounge. Now they have a new Diamond Lounge. Celebrity doesnt have a dedicated lounge, but maybe they will add a full time Concierge lounge now with the new tiers to give a new benefit to the most loyal cruisers.

I beleive NO ONE lost a level at the RCCL conversion. If one was Diamond prior to the conversion, they were diamond after. A few were now further away from the next level. No one lost a category, but those who came out the worst, were those who had only longer ( more than 7 night) cruises.

RCCL had a formula that each cruise credit was worth 7 points and then they basically added 13 extra points ( to compensate for longer sailings) for those who had more than 10 cruises (regardless of how many one had over 10, they still got 13 extra points.) Those under 10 cruise credits got a few less extra points. As an example, I had 49 cruise credits at the conversion and that equated 356 points ( 49 x 7 = 343 then plus 13 = 356).

They added a new category in the lower tiers and named the 100 cruise credit category for a total of 6 categories. They made no change to the large spread of Diamond Plus to Pinnacle. ( D plus was 25-99 cruise credits, now it is 175-699 points.)

I am anxious to see what Celebrity does with any point conversion and if and how the RCCL and Celebrity programs handle reciprocity.

M

I think that there was a donut, where people with 7 cruise credits were converted to 50 points, which put them 30 nights short of Diamond. Now, instead of 3 cruises away, they were 5 7 night cruises away. Those with 8 points got converted to 67 points, so they were still only two 7 night cruises away from Diamond.

I had 2 points that converted to 15 points, even though I actaully had 16 nights at sea.

Which means that they will probably do what Royal did, when they converted. Royal already had 24 pts being Diamond Plus, so my guess is 24 points will convert over to 175 new points and be Elite+. ...

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Sitting at 20 with Celebrity now. We'll have 22 by December, and 24 in January...

Tom

I had 2 points that converted to 15 points, even though I actaully had 16 nights at sea.

We had one three night sailing (in a suite) on the Sovereign. When they converted I seem to recall we were awarded 15 points under the new system also.

Thanks to being Elite with Celebrity we took our next Royal cruise (Allure) as Diamond. Perhaps we'll get "lucky", attain some level over the current Elite with Celebrity and get honorary D+ with Royal.

Carnival sure does nothing with their sister lines like Royal/Celebrity, that's for sure!

Tom

Carnival sure does nothing with their sister lines like Royal/Celebrity, that's for sure!

Tom

So you think it would be to CCL's benefit to have Carnival's cruisers swamp the Princess or Cunard loyalty programs?

I don't think so. I like Carnival but at this time the higher level CCL brands want NO connection with their entry level corporate sibling.

Cruise lines ,as per this thread, are trying to pare down their high status members .

Adding Carnival members would multiply those with top status by a multiple factor.

Overnight you could have 3 ,4 or perhaps more times more members by adding reciprocal members.

It would be nuts!:eek: