HAL "Welcome Home" e-mail ....

sail7seas

Just pushing this forward as this is the policy according to Hal.

Chief I had two future cruise credits bought and still received the email.

I've also had no problem combining the obc's for the welcome back email and Future Cruise Credits. It's been done several times and as recently as just a couple of months ago:D

:confused: Question for all the experts...if we buy FCC while on board the Ryndam in January can we book a cruise (within 60 days) with a different TA? I am sure the new TA will know about the promotion and get the additional credits but I have no confidence our current TA would do the same thing.

Am I remembering correctly that the FCC gets tied to the current booking and goes to the same TA??

:confused: Question for all the experts...if we buy FCC while on board the Ryndam in January can we book a cruise (within 60 days) with a different TA? I am sure the new TA will know about the promotion and get the additional credits but I have no confidence our current TA would do the same thing.

Am I remembering correctly that the FCC gets tied to the current booking and goes to the same TA??

Yes, you are correct that the FCC is normally tied to the TA who did your current booking.......so...........when you buy your FCC tell the Future Cruise Consultant you DO NOT want it to go to your current TA. Tell them to place it with HAL instead.

then you can easily give it to any TA you want:D

I've also had no problem combining the obc's for the welcome back email and Future Cruise Credits. It's been done several times and as recently as just a couple of months ago:D

Same here. This is about the only mail I get from Hal other than the constant emails to book shorex for my cruise.

My question is did you purchase a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on your last cruise which I believe was the Prisendam? For the Future Cruise Credit that you had banked you received OBC.

Even though you had some FCC in the bank if you didn't purchase a new one on the Prisendam cruise you should have received the post cruise letter offer of OBC if you booked a new cruise within 60 days upon your return.

Bottom line is if a cruiser does not purchase a Future Cruise Credit or booking on-board their cruise Hal will send another offer or opportunity to do so. Doesn't matter how many you have banked.

At least that's my interpretation of how it works.

My question is did you purchase a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on your last cruise which I believe was the Prisendam? For the Future Cruise Credit that you had banked you received OBC.

Even though you had some FCC in the bank if you didn't purchase a new one on the Prisendam cruise you should have received the post cruise letter offer of OBC if you booked a new cruise within 60 days upon your return.

Bottom line is if a cruiser does not purchase a Future Cruise Credit or booking on-board their cruise Hal will send another offer or opportunity to do so. Doesn't matter how many you have banked.

Yes, i did purchase a FCC on the Prinsendam (and yes, it was our last cruise)

And yes, I still got the email:D

Even if I didn't - if I was booking within 60 days I would ask my TA to apply it (if she hadn't already;))

If you book a future cruise while on a cruise, the future cruise will be assigned to the same TA, unless you make a specific request to opt out.

If you book a Future Cruise Deposit only, it is attached to your Mariner number. When you are ready to apply that deposit to an actual cruise, you may go to any TA you wish, and the deposit will be available to be used by that new TA.

It must be inconsistent. I bought nothing on my cruise and did not get an offer.

Roy

If you book a future cruise while on a cruise, the future cruise will be assigned to the same TA, unless you make a specific request to opt out.

If you book a Future Cruise Deposit only, it is attached to your Mariner number. When you are ready to apply that deposit to an actual cruise, you may go to any TA you wish, and the deposit will be available to be used by that new TA.

Please be very aware to tell the FCC that you will NOT be using the same TA so they will assign it as a HAL booking. That means you can handle your own booking direct with HAL or transfer it at any time to any TA of your choice.

If you are not specific saying to not assign to the TA listed as the one that booked the cruise you are on, the booking will 'default' to that TA and you then need their permission to remove it. Said permission is not likely to be easy to obtain.

It must be inconsistent. I bought nothing on my cruise and did not get an offer.

Roy

There is some consistency, Roy. :)

We were on the same cruise, neither of us bought any cruise or FCD and neither of us received the Welcome

Home e-mail.

There have been quite a few times when we did not purchase an FCC while cruising and we still did not get any Welcome Home letter or offers.

Same here. We've combined the FCD credits and the thanks for sailing with us promotion for no less than 10 cruises.

Please be very aware to tell the FCC that you will NOT be using the same TA so they will assign it as a HAL booking. That means you can handle your own booking direct with HAL or transfer it at any time to any TA of your choice.

If you are not specific saying to not assign to the TA listed as the one that booked the cruise you are on, the booking will 'default' to that TA and you then need their permission to remove it. Said permission is not likely to be easy to obtain.

absolutely, my Future Cruise Deposit that I purchased on the P'dam has defaulted to my current TA (which is fine by me ). So, yes as Sail says do specify not to assign it

We have not received anything either after our Aug trip last month. We did book another cruise for Nov 2013 but was told they could not offer us OBC or any other perks. Was disappointed but did get a good price on a 14 day cruise. I just wish we could have received some OBC or to make up for that maybe a great upgrade since we booked a GTY..:D

We have not received anything either after our Aug trip last month. We did book another cruise for Nov 2013 but was told they could not offer us OBC or any other perks. Was disappointed but did get a good price on a 14 day cruise. I just wish we could have received some OBC or to make up for that maybe a great upgrade since we booked a GTY..:D

Did you book the Nov cruise while you were cruising?

You might have tried specifying the "ZPM/ZPN" promo and asking if you qualified.

For us it's also hit and miss getting the Welcome back email, but we are aware to ask for the promo if we book another cruise within the time frame. We once received the email about 6 weeks after returning from a cruise and the sixty days was from the sending date of the email.

You might have tried specifying the "ZPM/ZPN" promo and asking if you qualified.

For us it's also hit and miss getting the Welcome back email, but we are aware to ask for the promo if we book another cruise within the time frame. We once received the email about 6 weeks after returning from a cruise and the sixty days was from the sending date of the email.

I booked by telephone, so what do I do now? What does this promo mean? OBC or discounts?

No we didn't purchase the Nov cruise onboard. We booked this upcoming trip last Sunday. No deposits or anything while onboard.

I booked by telephone, so what do I do now? What does this promo mean? OBC or discounts?

It is OBC and you should qualify for it seeing you booked a future cruise within 60 days of returning from your HAL cruise. If you booked on the phone direct with HAL, call and ask them to apply promo code ZPN/ZPM. If you booked on the phone with a TA, ask them to call and get the Promo applied.

You say you booked by telephone but not if with a TA or direct with HAL.

Also...... how come your posts run over the margins and we need to scroll sideways to read them? :confused:

By the way, when I spoke with HAL when booking this cruise, I asked about OBC and they said they did not offer any with this because it was a "Flash Sale". Later in the conversation I did say I had just returned from a cruise with them in August. It won't hurt to call them I guess.

Archived