pinnacle grill question

Lovely other

four days into our cruise next month it will be our 4th wedding anniversary ...i was thinking of surprising my hubby with dinner at the pinnacle grill but i'm a vegetarian . do they have decent veggie options?

Limited.

It is a steak house, primarily.

We've always enjoyed Pinnacle Grill on our cruises.

You might approach the PG manager a day or so in advance of your reservation, and ask them about doing something special for you. Couldn't hurt to ask.

That's a good suggestion, they might be able to do something if you make arrangements in advance.

You will do just fine at the Pinnacle Grill! We went on our last cruise. Like others said just tell in advance and they will prepare a special dish for you. I ordered steak and my partner ordered vegetarian and we were both HAPPY!

Well worth the extra dollars!

four days into our cruise next month it will be our 4th wedding anniversary ...i was thinking of surprising my hubby with dinner at the pinnacle grill but i'm a vegetarian . do they have decent veggie options?

Here is the PG menu that I scanned May 2013

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908

We ate in the PG every night on our last cruise. Some staff indicated that there may be a new PG menu coming before too long- evidently Seattle is looking at re-working it.

I LOVE the Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup- have been trying to get the recipe down at home.

We ate in the PG every night on our last cruise. Some staff indicated that there may be a new PG menu coming before too long- evidently Seattle is looking at re-working it.

I LOVE the Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup- have been trying to get the recipe down at home.

We did the same thing, we aren't fans of the MDR, but to each his own.

About 2 or so years ago they added 5 skewers. On our last cruise there was only 2 listed but you could still order the Vegetable Zen Skewer.

I wish they would bring back the Northwest Clam Chowder Soup.

I really liked the Northwest Clam Chowder also but am happy we have a local restaurant that makes it just about the same and we have plans to go with friends this week. :) Guess who will be having Chowder? :D

I also miss the Pinnacle French Onion Soup. It was better than in the MDR, IMO.

Some tables on Zuiderdam border the atrium while others are more secluded, including window seats. Can you influence where you sit? How about a nice tip to the Maitre 'd? If so, would you do that at the time of seating, earlier in the same day, or day of embarkation? We've had reservations for a month, and I really want this dinner to go well. Future cruises could be at stake!

Some tables on Zuiderdam border the atrium while others are more secluded, including window seats. Can you influence where you sit? How about a nice tip to the Maitre 'd? If so, would you do that at the time of seating, earlier in the same day, or day of embarkation? We've had reservations for a month, and I really want this dinner to go well. Future cruises could be at stake!

You really do not want a table by the railing in the Pinnacle as you will get blasted by the music from the Ocean Bar.

We were at the Cellar Masters dinner and all of us were placed in the front portion of the Pinnacle. We could barely hear the Cellar Master's talk because of the Screaming HAL Cats.

I do not believe in tipping the Pinnacle Manager just to get a better table.

Once you are on board, visit the PG, tell them it's a special occasion and ask them to allocate you one of the window tables.:D You might be very well getting it anyways.

We might be prone to tip a Pinnacle Manager after a lovely evening or during the cruise if we have had nice breakfasts and dinners but we would never tip in advance of being seated for the purpose of 'buying' the table we want. :eek: We tip as a thank you, not as a 'demand'.

BY all means, request the seating you would like. If you go by there early in the day you will be dining in Pinnacle, I see nothing wrong with stopping in, telling the Manager it is a special occassion and if they could give you a table where you would like it, you'd be so appreciative. Depending on size of groups booked and other needs, they may or may not accomodate your request...... same as any restaurtant anywhere.

Thanks for the tips about not pre-tipping your advice will be followed. Looks like we'll be fine if I ask early in the day, if only to request where we DON'T want to sit! This little cruise begins tomorrow, and the forecast is dreadful. 15 to 20 foot waves, 40-60 mph winds and heavy rain for the first 2 days. Yikes!

Archived