LIVE from the Royal Princess - 30 days, Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale - 9/27 - 10/27

Pia1913

Loving these "live" posts! :D I think this was asked before but I didn't see an answer so I'll ask again. What time does Royal arrive in Ft. Lauderdale & is it on the 26th. or 27th.? We want to watch on the webcam.

Thanks for sharing all your info & thoughts of this beautiful ship. Can't wait to sail on her, hopefully in Nov. 2014. :)

Loving these "live" posts! :D I think this was asked before but I didn't see an answer so I'll ask again. What time does Royal arrive in Ft. Lauderdale & is it on the 26th. or 27th.? We want to watch on the webcam.

Thanks for sharing all your info & thoughts of this beautiful ship. Can't wait to sail on her, hopefully in Nov. 2014. :)

Here's what somebody posted on our crazy roll call

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/...Movements.aspx

Port Everglades Harbormaster 7 day schedule----

Sun Oct 27 shows Royal Princess

Arrive 3:30 am from Funchal Madeira

Depart 10:30 pm

all at Pier 2 as expected

Here's what somebody posted on our crazy roll call

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/...Movements.aspx

Port Everglades Harbormaster 7 day schedule----

Sun Oct 27 shows Royal Princess

Arrive 3:30 am from Funchal Madeira

Depart 10:30 pm

all at Pier 2 as expected

Just saw that on the Ft.Lauderdale Web Cam Port Schedule. We were planning on watching her sail in to Port Everglades but not sure now.....3:30am a little to early:(

Many thanks to all those who are posting on this LIVE thread!

I joined CC in May in preparation for our Dec 8th Royal cruise and I am overwhelmed by the information, generosity and support that CC members give to one another. Happy sailing!

Just saw that on the Ft.Lauderdale Web Cam Port Schedule. We were planning on watching her sail in to Port Everglades but not sure now.....3:30am a little to early:(

Thats what I thought...:eek:. Most of the movements I have watched have been sailaways that take place late afternoon or early evening. They are fun to watch.

Good morning from the Royal Princess. We are beginning our second full sea day (out of 7) as we make our way to Ft. Lauderdale. Not much on tap for today other than attending the roll call luncheon at 1200. Other than that it will be the gym and figuring where to have dinner later this evening.

Last night we had dinner in Sabatini’s. Food and service were excellent. Earlier in the day, Hollli went to the Lotus Spa for a massage but found that she had mixed up the date for her massage (oops:D). Holli has enjoyed the services offered in the Lotus Spa but has told me the “hard sell” is more noticeable on this cruise than on our previous cruises.

One thing I noticed earlier as I got up to take a couple of balcony sunrise pictures. Almost my entire balcony is covered in soot. Earlier on in the cruise I had heard others (with aft facing cabins) complaining about it but I never thought to check our balcony. When I went out on the balcony a little while ago, I saw the black mess.

Anyway, hope all are well….. JJJ

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

It’s Monday and day two of our seven consecutive sea days. Yesterday turned out to be a nice day, albeit a bit windy. Today is expected to hit 75, but it’s also the day we were warned about. Too early to tell. It looks like people have suddenly been in touch with their conscience. The gym is very busy this morning.

Had fun last night playing Beatles music trivia and then Princess Pyramid. Didn’t win the champagne prizes, but that’s perfectly fine with us. Also pushed our clocks back again. I could live this way every day.

Very little doing this morning other than a Jules Talarico lecture - Migration: A Strategy for Survival Part 2: Marine Migrations and the movie on MUTS; Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Other morning events are zumba, line dancing, a diamond event, seminar on back pain, veterans meeting, clay pigeon shooting and “no more bad hair days.”

The afternoon begins with a lecture; The Legacy of the Spanish Moors, followed by a Maxtone-Graham lecture; Princes of Wales Part I. Other offerings is the movie After Earth in Vista and Top Gun on MUTS.

Evening starts with The Great Gatsby at 6:00 in Princess Live (will be shown again at 9:30), production show Sweet Soul Music in the theater and it’s Country and Western night in Vista. I think it’s cabin movie night for Pia and Mike :D

Our itinerary says the ship arrive into FLL at 6:00 AM on the 27th.

Later.

Don't waste time dealing with PSD folks or the Circle hostess - both a waste of time! If you have a tv problem call housekeeping and a tech will appear pronto.

Speaking from experience!

My experience with the PSD has been positive. When I reported that I couldn't open my safe, security showed up in five minutes to fix it. Good idea to check that batteries are secure inside safe door.

When my TV didn't work, I called the PSD and the TV was fixed later that day.

I signed up for the Tuscan Wine Club, but later realized that it was a pairing which would include meat and seafood. We are vegetarians. I asked at the PSD who called the Maitre'D. We had vegetarian offerings with our wine.

My experience with the PSD has been positive. When I reported that I couldn't open my safe, security showed up in five minutes to fix it. Good idea to check that batteries are secure inside safe door.

When my TV didn't work, I called the PSD and the TV was fixed later that day.

I signed up for the Tuscan Wine Club, but later realized that it was a pairing which would include meat and seafood. We are vegetarians. I asked at the PSD who called the Maitre'D. We had vegetarian offerings with our wine.

Tuscan wine club... sounds good..but what is it? A wine dinner or just a tasting ?

CC

Good morning from the Royal Princess.

One thing I noticed earlier as I got up to take a couple of balcony sunrise pictures. Almost my entire balcony is covered in soot. Earlier on in the cruise I had heard others (with aft facing cabins) complaining about it but I never thought to check our balcony. When I went out on the balcony a little while ago, I saw the black mess.

Anyway, hope all are well….. JJJ

Bob

Bob

I know you posted this at some point so I apologize but what deck are you on?

Bob,

Does this mean that in previous times on your balcony there was no soot and this was the first time you saw it, or that you have not been spending much time on your balcony so you are not sure if it was there or not?

More random thoughts & observations

- As reported, Madeira was absolutely stunning, a great delight- lush mtns, steep valleys, eucalyptus forests - beautiful. 2 of us took a 4 hr private taxi for 95 euro total

- weather warm today on our 2nd sea day, alternating between sun and brief squalls

- Ocean Terrace Seafood bar is very unique, serving chilled vodka shots & martinis, & free appetizers w/drink, as well as pay-for oyster shooters, sushi, crab legs, etc. All fairly priced, (unless u choose some pricey Russian Caviar) - a nice stop for cocktails before dinner

- beds very comfy w giant fluffy down pillows

- wondering why they can't show the daily MDR dinner menu on the intranet. U can however view menus for other dining venues.

- Alfredo's has a to-die-for veal ravioli in white sauce

- lots of movie choices on demand in your room

- still feeling the dining room and HC staff is not up to what we are used to (our experience only)

- cool Enrichment Lectures during the day on various topics - Art History, Whales, the Titanic, Spanish Moors, Bird Migrations, History of British Princes.

- laundry still backed up, they're cutting it off on the 23rd.

- tonite is Dancing Fountains Tribute to Frank Sinatra

Ocean Terrace Seafood bar is very unique, serving chilled vodka shots & martinis, & free appetizers w/drink, as well as pay-for oyster shooters, ...

Can you get oysters served the "old-fashioned way", (on the half-shell) or do they only sell oysters doused in alcohol? I'd be stunned to learn that a Seafood Bar would not serve a customer a half dozen oysters on the half-shell with cocktail sauce, but they would serve the customer a half dozen oysters served in shot glasses covered in vodka. Has anyone on board tried to get "just the oysters"?

More random thoughts & observations

- As reported, Madeira was absolutely stunning, a great delight- lush mtns, steep valleys, eucalyptus forests - beautiful. 2 of us took a 4 hr private taxi for 95 euro total

- weather warm today on our 2nd sea day, alternating between sun and brief squalls

- Ocean Terrace Seafood bar is very unique, serving chilled vodka shots & martinis, & free appetizers w/drink, as well as pay-for oyster shooters, sushi, crab legs, etc. All fairly priced, (unless u choose some pricey Russian Caviar) - a nice stop for cocktails before dinner

- beds very comfy w giant fluffy down pillows

- wondering why they can't show the daily MDR dinner menu on the intranet. U can however view menus for other dining venues.

- Alfredo's has a to-die-for veal ravioli in white sauce

- lots of movie choices on demand in your room

- still feeling the dining room and HC staff is not up to what we are used to (our experience only)

- cool Enrichment Lectures during the day on various topics - Art History, Whales, the Titanic, Spanish Moors, Bird Migrations, History of British Princes.

- laundry still backed up, they're cutting it off on the 23rd.

- tonite is Dancing Fountains Tribute to Frank Sinatra

Berni

How is the soot situation on your balcony? (You're in D736 if I remember correctly)

The oyster probably aren't received on the half shell as they would be alive with a very limited shelf life - a real challenge on the ship. More likely, they're like the ones you might buy in a plastic tub to put in oyster stuffing for Thanksgiving. Probably better off that they're doused with liquor.:)

The oyster probably aren't received on the half shell as they would be alive with a very limited shelf life - a real challenge on the ship. More likely' date=' they're like the ones you might buy in a plastic tub to put in oyster stuffing for Thanksgiving. Probably better off that they're doused with liquor.:)[/quote']

My fishmonger carries both kinds, but the ones sold out of the tub are specifically noted as being for stews, chowders and stuffing ONLY and NOT intended for raw consumption.

Actually, a live oyster kept "cupped" side down, in a cold, dark place can live for two months. While it would be unheard of for a restaurant to do that, it is not at all uncommon to keep oysters for 4 or 5 days. So as long as the ship is re-supplying every now and again, freshly shucked oysters on the half shell are not impractical, even on a 7 day TA, provided that the supply was replenished at one of the last ports.

For folks who have been to the Seafood bar and ordered an oyster shooter, is the counterman shucking the oysters, or pulling them out of a bin?

Edited by JimmyVWine

Bob

I know you posted this at some point so I apologize but what deck are you on?

We are in an "Owner's Suite (closet is a better term)" on Dolphin deck. The cabin # is D726. Just my opinion, but if you are thinking of booking one, one piece of advice; don't. It is a colossal waste of money for what you get.

Bob

Bob,

Does this mean that in previous times on your balcony there was no soot and this was the first time you saw it, or that you have not been spending much time on your balcony so you are not sure if it was there or not?

I just noticed it this morning. Really didn't think about it or think to check previously.

Bob

I'm guessing the 3:30am is EST.. that makes it even earlier here PST. Hmmm. Can someone call and see if they can come in later? ;)

I'm guessing the 3:30am is EST.. that makes it even earlier here PST. Hmmm. Can someone call and see if they can come in later? ;)

Makes it 12:30 in PST. Normally, I'd be at home watching TV before bed and could watch on the cam. However our flight to FLL leaves at 6 am the next day, so I hope to be asleep by then.

Oh well, I guess I can watch it leave on the 2 day cruise when we get there.

Pia has reported that they are supposed to be arriving at 6:00 a.m.

That (and sometimes 7 AM) is the standard announced arrival time, but it could be earlier or later.

Actual docking time may depend on costs if they arrive earlier than scheduled.