Fabulous Private Sale!

Working 2 Cruise

We are frequently attracted by last minute fare offerings, but we had one just this week that showed how they can be deceptive...$399 for a 10 night Panama Canal cruise on an HAL ship leaving next week. We were already scheduled to be in Florida, so airfare wasn't an issue. However, by the time we added in very high taxes and fees (almost as much as the cruise fare), and tips, and then upgraded to a cabin we could stand to spend 10 days in, and then added two necessary hotel days, the cost was $1800 for the two of us, for a cruise we really weren't that interested in doing. As I told DH, we wouldn't spend $1800 at home for something we weren't really convinced we wanted/needed, so why spend it on a cruise. But somehow those fares really do draw us in.

I thought I was registered for everything. I wonder why I didn't get this?

Is there someplace else I should register?

Go to the Princess web page and click on cruise deals . Top left side of the page. Then click on sign up for special offers.

Yes, the fares are often wonderful. We took advantage a few months ago with the 14 Alaska roundtrip Vancouver for $600 pp. Fortunately we were able to get to Seattle using frequent flyer miles and took an inexpensive bus ride to Vancouver. And we gets lots of OBC so tips and any excursions were covered. And the taxes were no where close to those for the Panama Canal.

It's not unusual for last minute airfare to be the deal breaker for these "standby" fares. I suppose if I lived near a port, I'd be cruising a lot more! Oh wait, living on a coast costs a lot more than living in the Midwest so I guess it evens out.

I thought I was registered for everything. I wonder why I didn't get this?

Is there someplace else I should register?

you probably didn't get this email because you have a cruise booked. i have only ever gotten these offers when i've got nothing on the books. i didn't get this offer either as i leave next week. (:)) i did take advantage of one last year at this time.

you probably didn't get this email because you have a cruise booked. i have only ever gotten these offers when i've got nothing on the books. i didn't get this offer either as i leave next week. (:)) i did take advantage of one last year at this time.

I got that email and we have a cruise booked.

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I got that email and we have a cruise booked.

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

well now i feel left out! i am happy to hear this though. that has never been my experience but i hope it will!

The ones that tempted me were the Canada/East Coast cruises a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember the exact prices, but they were great. I also saw the Island Princess' Panama Canal on sale for a great price for the cruise that left last week.

I suspect that you are right as we are already booked for most of November a d December.

This is not correct. I have a cruise booked... And I received this offer and another one from Princess... None of which I can do anything about... At least for now...

Archived