Pinnacle at age 25!!!

My 2 DDs who are 18 years old, will be Diamond Plus, along with us, after our Radiance cruise leaving next week.

That's all in the last 6 years that RCI has been coming to Australia.:D

My 23 yo will be diamond plus in a few weeks with two degrees and very many national championships in her chosen sport of equestrian and a tally of over thirty counties visited.

Travel and sport do not mean that your education suffers. Just makes for good time management!!!!

I'm very happy for the 23 yo Pinnacle.

Raina.

My 23 yo will be diamond plus in a few weeks with two degrees and very many national championships in her chosen sport of equestrian and a tally of over thirty counties visited.

Travel and sport do not mean that your education suffers. Just makes for good time management!!!!

I'm very happy for the 23 yo Pinnacle.

Raina.

The 23 year old that is the topic of this thread is NOT Pinnacle. A Loyalty Ambassador was speculating that he would be Pinnacle when he was 25.

I'm very happy for the "Not far from Pinnacle" 23 yo Pinnacle.

Raina.

Apologies.

Not far from Pinnacle!

The 23 year old that is the topic of this thread is NOT Pinnacle. A Loyalty Ambassador was speculating that he would be Pinnacle when he was 25.

As long as we're being picky....the LA was not speculating, but rather projecting, based upon cruises already booked. :D

As someone else showed with the math it is only two weeks in a Suite every year.

I know the US tend to have a different vacation pattern to us Brits but we normally take two week vacations, especially if cruising as we can do a lot of the Med in that time. My kids have travelled in suites with us a lot (not now, at 16 and 18 they can share an inside!;)) as it was cheaper than getting two double cabins and then we had the suite perks as well.

On top of that we often manage to fit in another week or two elsewhere. If we had discovered cruising earlier then our kids would also be way up the ranking!

I think a 25 year old with that level of cruising has been very lucky and will probably have had some amazing experiences and I can't think what their vacation pattern has to do with their possible level of education:confused:

As someone else showed with the math it is only two weeks in a Suite every year.

That math is very flawed First, it's assuming he's done so since birth. Second, it's also based on double points having existed back then...which they didn't.

I think a 25 year old with that level of cruising has been very lucky and will probably have had some amazing experiences and I can't think what their vacation pattern has to do with their possible level of education:confused:

Lucky? Absolutely! But I already explained my degree comment back in post #45, and it had nothing to do with a correlation between vacationing and education. To think so would be a big misinterpretation of what I said.

Edited by Aquahound

Just got back from a cruise, where the loyalty ambassador mentioned that there was a guest onboard who, at age 23, was roughly 150 points away from Pinnacle. Based on the cruises booked, this person would surpass 700 points at the age of 25!!!

Could you imagine being 25 and Pinnacle!!!??

As long as we're being picky....the LA was not speculating, but rather projecting, based upon cruises already booked. :D

Actually, Mr. Picky Paul (;)), it depends on how you read the original post.

Was the LA saying that the person would surpass 700 points at the age of 25, or was Kokomo saying that, after hearing from the LA that the person had roughly 550 points?

And, let's look at the math.

In 23 years, the person (hereafter referred to as "TP") has accumulated roughly 550 points.

If there has been any symmetry to TP's cruising, then that is roughly 24 points per year.

At that rate, it would take another six plus years to reach Pinnacle.

Now, if the LA was actually privy to TP's bookings, then TP would have to have 11 weeks booked in suites over the next two years for the projection/speculation to be true. Or 22 weeks booked in regular cabins.

My head is spinning.

:D

Edited by Merion_Mom

Was the LA saying that the person would surpass 700 points at the age of 25, or was Kokomo saying that, after hearing from the LA that the person had roughly 550 points?

In 23 years, the person (hereafter referred to as "TP") has accumulated roughly 550 points.

If there has been any symmetry to TP's cruising, then that is roughly 24 points per year.

Now, if the LA was actually privy to TP's bookings, then TP would have to have 11 weeks booked in suites over the next two years for the projection/speculation to be true. Or 22 weeks booked in regular cabins.

My head is spinning.

Unless he's sailing solo under the new policy... :D

Lucky? Absolutely! But I already explained my degree comment back in post #45, and it had nothing to do with a correlation between vacationing and education. To think so would be a big misinterpretation of what I said.

Comprehension isn't our strong point here on Cruise Critic. :D

My head is spinning.

Well - my head is now spinning!! Seems a good number of people are sensitive to this Pinnacle Club. RCL take note!!

Listen, based on the conversation, "TP" is a cruising fool and as a result will be Pinnacle in the next year or two.

Hmmm. I guess that could be another option, but the post said "based on the cruises booked..." I would think the LA would have more insight than Kokomo into what cruises this passenger had book, but maybe not. :cool:

• 3 years later...

As a follow up - we were just on Serenade where another individual made PC at 26 years of age. We were told this person is the youngest to actually earn the status, with the exception of a couple in Brazil, who somehow got their 11 year old the status because they are under 18 years of age.

Edited by Kokomo91165

He didn't actually have to GO on any cruises at all to get to Pinnacle status...just his parents did. Children who live in the same house used to achieve the same status as their parents. I don't if this has changed or not. Our children are Diamond and have only been on 2-3 cruises each!

This is correctamundo.

This is correctamundo.

No it's not.

Pinnacle status is only shared with your significant other. It is not shared with children even if they are under 18. The children will stay at D+ until they reach pinnacle with their own earned points.

From the website,

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can onl

Edited by Ourusualbeach

As a follow up - we were just on Serenade where another individual made PC at 26 years of age. We were told this person is the youngest to actually earn the status, with the exception of a couple in Brazil, who somehow got their 11 year old the status because they are under 18 years of age.

No.

No it's not.

Pinnacle status is only shared with your significant other. It is not shared with children even if they are under 18. The children will stay at D+ until they reach pinnacle with their own earned points.

From the website,

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can onl

^^^ This.

:)

Pinnacle doesn't pass to children, it does for all the other levels.

But, it does pass to a SO. Doesn't seem likely in this case, but he could be the boy toy of some well off would be Pinnacle.;)

Edited by Biker19

He didn't actually have to GO on any cruises at all to get to Pinnacle status...just his parents did. Children who live in the same house used to achieve the same status as their parents. I don't if this has changed or not. Our children are Diamond and have only been on 2-3 cruises each!

Sorry, that is incorrect. Pinnacle status is achieved by actual cruises sailed and points accrued by the individual. The only way to get instant Pinnacle status is to marry one (edited to add: or to be a significant other in the same household). :rolleyes:

We sailed with a 9-year-old Pinnacle in January, on Oasis. She was the youngest Pinnacle on record, at the time. And she had accrued her own points, although she obviously had not paid for her cruises.

Edited by travelgoddess1