Does anyone else change their mind a million times?

Or am I the only nutball on this forum?!:D

We always book out next cruise while on board. Even if it's going to be a while, we love always having something to look forward to. The problem is, just about every cruise I book gets changed at least twice before I actually board the ship!:o. The funny thing is, we always go on the cruise and more times than not, it winds up full circle back to the original cruise we booked while on board our last one!

Anyone else a fickle soul or am I utterly alone?

Tara

Maybe not a Million:D, but I tend to change my mind a lot when I book something for over a year ahead of time. We have the Allure booked for next December but I am already thinking of change it to the Freedom:) It usually involves getting a better price.

Let me start with, you are far from the only nutball on this forum :D

I have changed a few times, but for different reasons than you. I'll book with a sister, daughter, etc, and they'll change THEIR mind. By the time I'm done juggling, I may be on a different cruise, may have a different travel companion, etc.

I just wanna cruise!

Yes I do too. I always book while on board for the lower deposit and OBC. These bookings are very easy to slide around with not issues. Sometimes with a WOW booking you have to pay an additional deposit when moving. On board bookings seem to be the best for moving and changing.

And that's the reason I buy a few NCC's aka Open Cruise Bookings...then I can take my time once home without the pressure of an onboard decision with the LA's limited amount of time they have to spend with you (15-20 min) and the next cruisers waiting to take my place at the LA's desk...;):)

Finding and booking cruises, playing with prices is my DHs game which he is enjoying a lot.

My game is shorex ship's or private, and I change my mind often too.

Both processes are great fun and something to keep us excited between our vacations.

I always keep the cruise I first booked but second guess and change my cabin selection from the original. I keep looking to see if a better cabin has opened up or a price reduction so I can move up with little or no added expense.

I've changed cabins at least once on my last three cruises.

Don

I do allot of research before I actually book a specific cruise so that has never changed. But, I have changed cabins on the last 3 cruises, usually to get a better cabin, better price or just to save money.

But, OP, remember all of us on this board are nuts, nuts about cruising.:D

Hi my name is Tamra and I have a problem. :)

My issue isn't changing my mind after it's booked but actually deciding on what cruise to take. We are cruising next June and I still haven't decided on what ship and cruise line to go with. I was going to book last night but then saw ads stating this week is cruise week so I thought I'd hold off to see if the price is better. Nope - the Explorer of the Seas went up by $500 - not down.

I usually book at least 1 - 1.5 year out. Always do Thanksgiving & Spring break.

We have switched cruises for various reasons but always go the same week.

Since the cruise is so far off, I check for better prices, big sales on another ship, newly added voyages, ect.

I use an online travel company so I can compare all the different cruiselines & ships on one site.

As of right now, I have 2 cruises on different lines booked for the same week. I will decide before final payment is due...

Not generally once I've booked...I don't know how to describe it, each of the cruises we've booked have just felt right! I often spend months researching and know exactly what we are thinking and in what price range, and generally there is one cruise that hits right in that sweet spot.

This cruise was the only difference...we booked the a certain cruise that was a "good" ship with a "good" price and a "decent" itinerary...but I just couldn't get excited about it. Lo and behold, two weeks later the ship we really wanted changed itineraries and it was now perfect!

Ha.Ha.Ha. Love this question! Of course I drive my self (and my family crazy) because I have to research everything to death. If I haven't read all the menus on every ship, checked out every available excursion in a given port, and checked EVERY day for price changes.....well that wouldn't be the proper way to plan a cruise!!! Totally kidding. Look at all the time we all spend on this forum? I just love hearing everyones experiences and stories. Great post!

Or am I the only nutball on this forum?!:D

We always book out next cruise while on board. Even if it's going to be a while, we love always having something to look forward to. The problem is, just about every cruise I book gets changed at least twice before I actually board the ship!:o. The funny thing is, we always go on the cruise and more times than not, it winds up full circle back to the original cruise we booked while on board our last one!

Anyone else a fickle soul or am I utterly alone?

Tara

I'm the exact opposite. When I plan a cruise or trip I weigh in the various options. If I like the ship, itinerary and the embarkation port and debarkation port then the rest is easy to plan.

This year I found the Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas from Santos Brazil to Barcelona and have had Brazil on the top of my list of places to visit. I have never seen Barcelona and thought it would be a fun city to tour.

I change my mind many times before I book but once I book I do not make any changes. Our choice is based on ports, ship, and of course the price. We try not to fly so I also think about if we want stay on the ship or get off in the ports. We really cruise for the sea days so staying on the ship is not a problem.

Archived