How to dress for dinner

sjde

You will see slacks, skirts, sheath dresses. Just like any nice restaurant. I just finished packing for my upcoming cruise and brought some slacks and shells with matching blouses, a skirt with a couple sweater options. It can get chilly so don't forget a wrap/sweater.

I never have seen corduroys at dinner on an Oceania cruise, or even on the far less dressy Azamara cruises.

I too always bring a sweater or pashmina with me to dinner because the temperature varies depending on where you are seated.

Does anyone still wear....corduroy!!!!!! Sorry!!!!!

For those of us who live in a change of seasons environment...yes we do wear cords during fall and winter. Our stores are full of various colors for women i.e. Talbot's. Due to mostly sunny cruise ports my husband does leave his cords at home and wears dark khaki's in the evening with a button down sleeved shirt or collared shirt with a nice pullover sweater or colorful sweater vest. I stick to black evening slacks with various tops and Chico jackets and for more casual in the Terrace I might be wearing a nice capri outfit. We do not wear jeans in the evening out of respect for our fellow cruisers who have taken the time and effort to dress 'country club casual'.

Does anyone still wear....corduroy!!!!!! Sorry!!!!!

WOW! You are definitely from southern California. Move to Kentucky one winter and then ponder if you should ask the same question. I hate jeans, so I wear khakis (or shorts) in the summer and cords in the winter.

I may be mistaken, but I think that wripro was making a joke repurposing the line

"Does anyone still wear....a hat?"

sung by Elaine Stritch in the Sondheim musical Company. At least that's how I read it.

:confused: Agree.....

Trying to plan packing for canal cruise. Have gotten different takes on men's dinner attire. How many formal nights are there on itinerary and are men going to wear tuxedos? Would like to know what other gentlemen are planning.

Not only can or should you leave the tuxedo at home but you need not bring a jacket if you do not wish to. Nice shirts and slacks will fill the bill for every night. Only blazer if you wish!

Trying to plan packing for canal cruise. Have gotten different takes on men's dinner attire. How many formal nights are there on itinerary and are men going to wear tuxedos? Would like to know what other gentlemen are planning.

Nice slacks for dinner & collared shirt

Blazer if you like ...no suits or ties required

DH takes a blazer for the specialties but that is a personal choice ..not required

Oceania is unlike other cruise lines

Archived