Upgrade on Celebrity

Jamisonke

We were upgraded from and Outside to a Concierge Balcony once on a 15 day Hawaii -- that was a very welcomed surprise! :D

It was several years ago and we were not yet Elite.

Smart move on their part :) - now you book concierge! (OT - hope you had a good time on your slightly shortened last cruise)

It's interesting - I thought I had read before that upgrades seem to be given to new Celebrity cruisers.

Your best bet is to proactively look for upgrades yourself. I would certainly look for an upgrade on an S class ship from your Concierge to Aqua Class. Often you can get this upgrade for free or almost no money. With Aqua class you get all the Concierge perks which many on this board feel are meaningless. This includes the main perk of Aqua which is Blu.

• 1 month later...

Although we are happy with our current happy and drink package for our January 25 I sent an e mail to my TA asking about the possibility of a paid upgrade. I was asking for something less than the current different. I asked that she let her Celebrity Rep know that I would be interested if it was available. I have read about people getting call or emails from Celebrity offering paid upgrade deals and since I am using a TA I figured I would not actually get the call. I would like some thoughts on the response that I received.

"Upgrades are only offered at the last minute, the last week and offered to the people with the most cruises. Captain's Club will offer them to the highest level first. I have no influence over this process."

Passed on what I have read on CC I find this statement hard to beleive.

1. Do you think it could be true?

2. Has anyone every expressed an interest and actually received an offer?

Thank you for your input.

The bottom line is that I will have a great time and will be perfectly happy with my hump balcony cabin.

Thanks

I would like some thoughts on the response that I received.

"Upgrades are only offered at the last minute, the last week and offered to the people with the most cruises. Captain's Club will offer them to the highest level first. I have no influence over this process."

Passed on what I have read on CC I find this statement hard to believe.

1. Do you think it could be true?

2. Has anyone every expressed an interest and actually received an offer?

Your source of info is incorrect.

There is no automatic upgrade given to top cruisers. We have purchased an upgrade while on board and have on occasion been VERY lucky. The chance of an upgrade may depend on the Hotel Director but some HDs operate according to the letter that you receive in cabin:

Whether this is your first or your 50th...

Your source of info is incorrect.

There is no automatic upgrade given to top cruisers. We have purchased an upgrade while on board and have on occasion been VERY lucky. The chance of an upgrade may depend on the Hotel Director but some HDs operate according to the letter that you receive in cabin:

Whether this is your first or your 50th...

That is what I suspected. Thank you.

The latest e mail from my TA says Celebrity never offers upgrades at a discount and I know from reading hear that it is not true.

I know it is hard to keep all the different cruise lines straight.

That is what I suspected. Thank you.

The latest e mail from my TA says Celebrity never offers upgrades at a discount and I know from reading hear that it is not true.

I know it is hard to keep all the different cruise lines straight.

I recently recieved an email from Celebrity...

From time to time we have upgrades available for our Captains Club members and you'll have the first opprotunity to take advantage of these exciting upgrades to a higher cabin at amazng discounted rate.

So, yes they do offer this.

Edited by 20pluscruises

From time to time we have upgrades available for our Captains Club members and you'll have the first opprotunity to take advantage of these exciting upgrades to a higher cabin at amazng discounted rate.

Ruh Roh!

I just read the email again...they have my Captains Club #, reservation # and Captains Club tier right...but the name of the ship is wrong. Guess I better call tomorrow and make sure they have us cruising on the right ship. :eek:

"We're excited to let you know that for your upcoming Equinox vacation..."

I'm not booked on the Equinox ship :eek:

This is scary!!!!!!!!!

Ruh Roh!

I just read the email again...they have my Captains Club #, reservation # and Captains Club tier right...but the name of the ship is wrong. Guess I better call tomorrow and make sure they have us cruising on the right ship. :eek:

"We're excited to let you know that for your upcoming Equinox vacation..."

I'm not booked on the Equinox ship :eek:

This is scary!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even booked on a ship and I have had 3 emails:

1) your cruise will soon be here, book Speciality dining in advance

2) book yourself a Drinks package

I replied asking where my cruise was going, because I don't have any booked, they have more information than shows on my account, so please inform me.

3) your cruise on Silhouette will soon be here, book your Shore Excursions.

I have replied, asking where my cruise documents are??????

Edited by upwarduk

I don't know how many have received this email but in over 100 sailings we have never been notified that we could purchase a discounted upgrade.

So do they offer this or do you just live in a friendlier cyberspace region populated by upgrade fairies? ;)

Hi Arno, I haven't received any emails from Celebrity about ANYTHING

in months (probably years actually)......I used to get things all the time,

but getting an upgrade was never one of them.

Edited by Lois R

I don't know how many have received this email but in over 100 sailings we have never been notified that we could purchase a discounted upgrade.

So do they offer this or do you just live in a friendlier cyberspace region populated by upgrade fairies? ;)

The exact day the email was sent was December 11t 2013

Title...Celebrity Cruises....Limited availabilty: Upgrade to the Celebrity Suite Life with this special

There is also a phone number to call and a number to press.

I may be many things...but I am NOT a liar.

Does anyone know if it's okay to post the phone number from Celebrity?

The exact day the email was sent was December 11t 2013

Title...Celebrity Cruises....Limited availabilty: Upgrade to the Celebrity Suite Life with this special

There is also a phone number to call and a number to press.

Does anyone know if it's okay to post the phone number from Celebrity?

Yes, Celebrity's numbers are fine to post on here.

Yes, Celebrity's numbers are fine to post on here.

I'm not certain I should post the phone number due to the fine print...However, I did paste the fine print below....

* Paid Loyalty Upgrade Offer is open only to the Captain's Club member identified in this e-mail and is applicable to select November and January 2013 Europe, Transatlantic, Asia, Hawaii and Caribbean sailings.

Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update upgrade charges at any time without prior notice.

Modern Luxury is a trademark of Celebrity Cruises Inc.

©2013 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ship's registry: Malta and Ecuador.

If you wish to change your preferences or opt to be excluded from future commercial e-mail from

Celebrity Cruises, click here or visit: Celebrity.com

We hope you enjoyed this email from:

Celebrity Cruises Inc.

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

http://www.celebritycruises.com

This was the body of the email sent....

From time to time, we have upgrades available on select sailings, and as a Captain's Club member, you'll have the first opportunity to take advantage of these exciting upgrade opportunities—at amazing rates.

So, we're excited to let you know that for your upcoming vacation on Celebrity EquinoxSM, you can upgrade to a higher stateroom category at a discounted rate.*

But hurry, availability is limited. So call us today at

Edited by 20pluscruises

Got all of sudden very quiet, eh?

See,no fairies dancing around on my screen...

Howver, I did have my hair up in a pony tail last night and getting out of bed this morning... Hubs said I looked like Pebbles on crack....so, ya never know:D

Edited by 20pluscruises

Got all of sudden very quiet, eh?

See,no fairies dancing around on my screen...

Howver, I did have my hair up in a pony tail last night and getting out of bed this morning... Hubs said I looked like Pebbles on crack....so, ya never know:D

Who said you were a liar? :eek:

There is no need to get insulting in your response. :confused:

I just stated that we have never received such an email from Celebrity.

Like I said, you live in a friendlier cyberspace area than I do.

Some people get Celebrity emails, others don't.

Edited by ~Cruisenut~

I'm not certain I should post the phone number due to the fine print...However, I did paste the fine print below....

* Paid Loyalty Upgrade Offer is open only to the Captain's Club member identified in this e-mail and is applicable to select November and January 2013 Europe, Transatlantic, Asia, Hawaii and Caribbean sailings.

Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update upgrade charges at any time without prior notice.

Modern Luxury is a trademark of Celebrity Cruises Inc.

©2013 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ship's registry: Malta and Ecuador.

If you wish to change your preferences or opt to be excluded from future commercial e-mail from

Celebrity Cruises, click here or visit: Celebrity.com

We hope you enjoyed this email from:

Celebrity Cruises Inc.

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

http://www.celebritycruises.com

This was the body of the email sent....

From time to time, we have upgrades available on select sailings, and as a Captain's Club member, you'll have the first opportunity to take advantage of these exciting upgrade opportunities—at amazing rates.

So, we're excited to let you know that for your upcoming vacation on Celebrity EquinoxSM, you can upgrade to a higher stateroom category at a discounted rate.*

But hurry, availability is limited. So call us today at

Interesting. I wonder if it is a spam:rolleyes: We have never received anything like that. Did you call to the number?

Who said you were a liar? :eek:

There is no need to get insulting in your response. :confused:

I just stated that we have never received such an email from Celebrity.

Like I said, you live in a friendlier cyberspace area than I do.

Some people get Celebrity emails, others don't.

Pretty sure I only insulted myself in my response.......

In twelve years of cruising RC & X, we've never been visited by the "upgrade fairy". Not too much of a problem for me. In fact, we often have our booking agent put "do not upgrade" in our reservation field notes. We put a lot of time and effort into cabin selection, and would be VERY unhappy to find that we had been "upgraded" right out of our aft, hump, or "sweet-sixteen" cabin -- especially if it was just a one-category "upgrade"!

Free Upgrades, Free Upgrades...read all about them...you could be next, but don't hold your breath, as it is only economics calling...:eek::eek: We want to sell your cabin again? Who knows for sure?:eek: Pooh-bah!

Edited by Lastdance

Interesting. I wonder if it is a spam:rolleyes: We have never received anything like that. Did you call to the number?

No, I want to keep my room I carefully chose. But I will call and make sure the ship is the right. (they had all the info right with the exception of the ship)

I am always the first to say "An upgrade? Sailing since 1990...Nope, never!" Apparently, I was wrong and wanted to share.