Aqua Class - the details

Celtic Fringe

What exactly do you get as extra in Aqua Class? I know you get meals in Blu but it mentions exclusive use of the Spa - but do you have to pay for this. I must admit if it's only the food I was more than happy with the MDR for meals (I've only cruised once on the Eclipse and will be going on Equinox next summer too.) :) Thanks x

Access to Persian garden, relaxation room, hot and cold saunas is complimentary and often located nearby the staterooms. Other spa services are at charge, look for discounts on board.

Also get extra point towards Captain's Club (1 for cruise, 1 for AquaSpa room)

Services

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments

Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

Aromatherapy diffuser

Pillow menu

Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

Plush Frette® bathrobes

Slippers

Oversized 100% cotton bath towels

On-demand wellness programming including meditation and yoga

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® shower panel

Fog-free mirror

We booked an Aqua Veranda room last January on the Reflection. We cruise alot. Aqua Class, in my opinion was the biggest waste of money ever. We liked the MDR much more than Blu and we could only use the Persian Gardens one time. We tried several times during the cruise, but the heated loungers were alway taken.

This January we sail her again and we booked a regular veranda room.

Thanks cle-guy and Princesshhi! Totally different views. I'm not a spa type person and last time we travelled Concierge as it was recommended. We didn't use many of the extras but did get the extra point. Maybe one day in the future - but thanks for your quick and interesting responses. :)

We would never again book an Aqua Class stateroom. The amenities, if you can call them that, are not worth the higher price. With Blu, you either love it or hate it. Pick a nice cabin in a good location, enjoy the MDR and an occasional specialty restaurant dinner. If Aqua is being offered at the same price as a standard balcony, then go for it.

Access to Persian garden, relaxation room, hot and cold saunas is complimentary and often located nearby the staterooms. Other spa services are at charge, look for discounts on board.

Also get extra point towards Captain's Club (1 for cruise, 1 for AquaSpa room)

Services

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments

Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

Aromatherapy diffuser

Pillow menu

Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

Plush Frette® bathrobes

Slippers

Oversized 100% cotton bath towels

On-demand wellness programming including meditation and yoga

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® shower panel

Fog-free mirror

So, we tried AQ for the first time last Sept -- WOW, what a winning product -- but mostly impressed with Blu. The dress code in Blu is always smart casual so didn't bring any formal clothes.

There are a few things mentioned above that we didn't get and forgot to request. Our cruise was up in Alaska and the slippers would have come in handy -- they were not in our room.

I do have one comment to make about the AQ and the CC classes on Celebrity. I have always had very good service on Celebrity from my room stewards in the past -- mostly in inside and OV cabins. Since we've tried the CC and AQ, the room stewards have just been so so. Last cruise in the AQ, we actually had to request the pillow menu and robes, the toiletries and amenities (the facial spray, lip balm, leather handled tote bag, etc) ....forgot all about the slippers...and the room steward acted like he wasn't allowed to give them to us...had to check with his supervisor first. This even happened in the CC class last March as well -- the room steward was just not that swift and left the dead flowers in our room (was she trying to tell us something?), tried to pretend to forget our little extras and then when she brought the tote bag, it was all dirty. Maybe they are telling them to cut back where they can....but really, people book these rooms because of the little extras. Room service was extremely bad in both categories -- much better in the inside and oceanview cabins we've had.

OK -- so the room stewards were not that swift and both times, we were next to a suite so maybe they were saving up all their attention for those guests. But....the AQ did have some cool features:

• Toiletries (we finally got them after many reminders)
  • Shower Panel (OMG -- I want one of those in my house now)
  • I did not like the aroma sticks much in the bedroom area so put them in the bathroom where they actually came in handy - kind of like an air freshener
  • Bottled water -- daily (the tea was just so so and I love tea -- this was just like nothing I have ever tasted before)
  • Bottle of champagne in the room upon boarding
  • Daily fruit bowl -- ours was never filled in AQ but was in CC
  • Heavy robes -- nice for Alaska but would have preferred the waffle weave ones for the Caribbean
  • Expanded room service menu -- including smoothies
  • BLU - what can I say, this is why we booked the AQ and it didn't disappoint at all
  • Access to the Relaxation Lounge -- this was an amazing area where you could go for sailaway and see just what the captain sees -- so nice and never crowded
  • Access to the Persian Gardens -- I loved those heated tile -- my husband, not so much
  • Early boarding -- nice but still no access to your room until they are all ready -- still nicer to get onboard and enjoy the public areas of the ship instead of sitting in the port awaiting your number to be called
  • 2 points towards your tier status
  • Express luggage delivery -- REALLY? Not at all on this cruise -- didn't get our luggage until late that evening -- so no perk there
  • Dining time preference -- not for those couple of nights we went to the MDR -- so also not a perk
  • Disembarkation Lounge -- the best -- it was in the Tuscan Grill and they were so good to us in there -- made personal announcements and allowed us to stay for how ever long we wanted

All in all, for us, this was well worth it -- namely for Blu and that Relaxation Lounge, early boarding and that pillow menu, once we got it. Would I pay $1000 more....no way, but it was only a couple hundred more so definitely would do it for that again in a heart beat!

We now book Aqua Class whenever we can. We are great fans of Blu. While we enjoy the meals and service, the greatest advantage of Blu is the fact that it is so much quieter than the MDR. So while we enjoy the bottles of water and so forth, for us the great advantage of Aqua is the serene nature of Blu.

We booked an Aqua Veranda room last January on the Reflection. We cruise alot. Aqua Class, in my opinion was the biggest waste of money ever. We liked the MDR much more than Blu and we could only use the Persian Gardens one time. We tried several times during the cruise, but the heated loungers were alway taken.

This January we sail her again and we booked a regular veranda room.

Amen. Just not worth the considerable extra cost

I love AQ class as well. It's all a matter of taste.

I am not a big fan of the MDR as I don't like to have to go there at a set time. It's get quite crowded and noisier and I find it too repetitive after a few days. It feels like going to a banquet everyday... it's too much for my taste.

I go to Blu whenever I want and I find it more relaxed. I like the food better l and the level of service is great. If I could make a comparision it's like going to a boutique hotel with more personalized service than a large 5 star hotel which has to handle volume.

I also really like the breakfast being served at Blu. Honestly I don't like going to the buffet for breakfast and I was a little disappointed with the AquaCafé.

We loved Aqua Class on Reflection last February and booked it again for our Alaska cruise next July. Mostly we loved Blu. Breakfast was excellent..beautiful parfaits, fresh squeezed juices, and always a yummy egg white omelette. Dinner was mostly delicious, though I did not love every entree my chef husband scored a 'hit' every time. We always left feeling energetic and refreshed by the tasty food, perfect portions and the top notch service.

The other big hit with us was Persian Gardens. The first sea day it was packed and we didn't get a tile warmer but after that day we never had a problem. DH and I would bring a book, do a steam first and then relax on the tile bed reading for an hour. Sooooo relaxing.

I am a big fan of fresh fruit and asked our room steward to be sure to keep e bowl full which he did. We did not like the little canapes left in our room the first afternoon so asked if a cheese plate could be left instead (found this tip on CC). We liked getting the bottled water replenished each day and also enjoyed the upgraded room service menu that included smoothies and other yummy items. Usually we ordered coffee and a smoothie and a muffin for early morning, then went to the gym to workout, then went to Blu. Hey...it's vacation!

I agree it may not be for everyone but we are already counting the days till next July!

....... Last cruise in the AQ, we actually had to request the pillow menu and robes, the toiletries and amenities (the facial spray, lip balm, leather handled tote bag, etc) ....forgot all about the slippers...and the room steward acted like he wasn't allowed to give them to us...had to check with his supervisor first..........
I noticed this particular comment because it seems that this excuse about needing to check with the supervisor first is a standard cop out used when they are reluctant to bring something that you should have received.

If they really do have to check with the supervisor first, why don't they just go ahead and check with the supervisor instead of feeling the need to tell us about it?

We were fed that line a couple of times in concierge class as well when we asked for items we had not received that were right on the list; items that we had always received in concierge class previously.

In reply we would just nod and say "That's fine, go right ahead" and each time we received the item shortly thereafter, so apparently the supervisor had no problem with it at all (if they really asked the supervisor).

But I should mention that those were the exceptions.

For the most part, we have received excellent service on Celebrity cruises, with all appropriate items being provided in the cabin without our needing to ask for them.

I noticed this particular comment because it seems that this excuse about needing to check with the supervisor first is a standard cop out used when they are reluctant to bring something that you should have received.

If they really do have to check with the supervisor first, why don't they just go ahead and check with the supervisor instead of feeling the need to tell us about it?

We were fed that line a couple of times in concierge class as well when we asked for items we had not received that were right on the list; items that we had always received in concierge class previously.

In reply we would just nod and say "That's fine, go right ahead" and each time we received the item shortly thereafter, so apparently the supervisor had no problem with it at all (if they really asked the supervisor).

For the most part, we have received excellent service on Celebrity cruises, with all appropriate items being provided in the cabin without our needing to ask for them.

When someone says they will check with thier supervisor I say don't bother just tell me the supervisor's name and I will contact them. Gets results almost every time.

So, we tried AQ for the first time last Sept -- WOW, what a winning product -- but mostly impressed with Blu. The dress code in Blu is always smart casual so didn't bring any formal clothes.

There are a few things mentioned above that we didn't get and forgot to request. Our cruise was up in Alaska and the slippers would have come in handy -- they were not in our room.

I do have one comment to make about the AQ and the CC classes on Celebrity. I have always had very good service on Celebrity from my room stewards in the past -- mostly in inside and OV cabins. Since we've tried the CC and AQ, the room stewards have just been so so. Last cruise in the AQ, we actually had to request the pillow menu and robes, the toiletries and amenities (the facial spray, lip balm, leather handled tote bag, etc) ....forgot all about the slippers...and the room steward acted like he wasn't allowed to give them to us...had to check with his supervisor first. This even happened in the CC class last March as well -- the room steward was just not that swift and left the dead flowers in our room (was she trying to tell us something?), tried to pretend to forget our little extras and then when she brought the tote bag, it was all dirty. Maybe they are telling them to cut back where they can....but really, people book these rooms because of the little extras. Room service was extremely bad in both categories -- much better in the inside and oceanview cabins we've had.

OK -- so the room stewards were not that swift and both times, we were next to a suite so maybe they were saving up all their attention for those guests. But....the AQ did have some cool features:

• Toiletries (we finally got them after many reminders)
  • Shower Panel (OMG -- I want one of those in my house now)
  • I did not like the aroma sticks much in the bedroom area so put them in the bathroom where they actually came in handy - kind of like an air freshener
  • Bottled water -- daily (the tea was just so so and I love tea -- this was just like nothing I have ever tasted before)
  • Bottle of champagne in the room upon boarding
  • Daily fruit bowl -- ours was never filled in AQ but was in CC
  • Heavy robes -- nice for Alaska but would have preferred the waffle weave ones for the Caribbean
  • Expanded room service menu -- including smoothies
  • BLU - what can I say, this is why we booked the AQ and it didn't disappoint at all
  • Access to the Relaxation Lounge -- this was an amazing area where you could go for sailaway and see just what the captain sees -- so nice and never crowded
  • Access to the Persian Gardens -- I loved those heated tile -- my husband, not so much
  • Early boarding -- nice but still no access to your room until they are all ready -- still nicer to get onboard and enjoy the public areas of the ship instead of sitting in the port awaiting your number to be called
  • 2 points towards your tier status
  • Express luggage delivery -- REALLY? Not at all on this cruise -- didn't get our luggage until late that evening -- so no perk there
  • Dining time preference -- not for those couple of nights we went to the MDR -- so also not a perk
  • Disembarkation Lounge -- the best -- it was in the Tuscan Grill and they were so good to us in there -- made personal announcements and allowed us to stay for how ever long we wanted

All in all, for us, this was well worth it -- namely for Blu and that Relaxation Lounge, early boarding and that pillow menu, once we got it. Would I pay $1000 more....no way, but it was only a couple hundred more so definitely would do it for that again in a heart beat!

Interesting that you mention the lack of service in AQ. We had the worst cabin attendant ever in AQ last spring on the Infinity. Did not get the amenities. Gave up on requesting ice and got our own. Only booked it because the price dropped to less than we had paid for our balcony cabin. Did love Blu, though!

For the original poster...as you can see, many folks love AQ and many

folks will never book that category again.

Different strokes for different folks:)

It is not always a lack of care or attention on the part of a room steward. In fact it is in their best interest to give you every perk available to you in hopes getting an extra tip or positive comment card. But, often times the problem is over-promising by the cruise line. They promise things to the customer but then don't supply the items to the stewards. They advertise a pillow menu in AQ, and that's great but there is no magic pillow room for the stewards to pull pillows from. They have to go dig around and try to find pillows that match your request, and most stewards try very hard fulfill your requests. Also, on the older (M-Class) ships, stock runs low on the nice pillows upgraded linens and robes. There are barely enough robes to cover each AQ and CC once. So on turn around day they all must be washed and you may not get them back until the next day or the next. Not the stewards fault but he has to wait for laundry to process them all. Same with upgraded linens and towels.

And my 2cents regarding BLU. Food preference is a personal thing so I won't address that (however I love the food in BLU) What I enjoy about BLU is the smaller, quieter setting with much better service. For example, when I am seated in BLU with in a minute a server appears, bread and dip on the table and I am asked about water and beverages. I always order big bottles of Pelligrino with diner. Within 2 minutes of sitting down my Pelligrino is there, placed in ice bucket near table and my glass is refilled throughout my meal without my needing to ask. In contrast, in the MDRs it may take 10 minutes to give drink order and then it may be 30 min before you get it. And having your glass refilled is hit or miss. Often I have been well into my 2nd course before my bottle of water shows up.

Thanks everyone for your responses! I'm bowled over by the different opinions!! It definitely is down to personal opinions and whether value for money comes at the right time. I've enjoyed reading all the responses. The tip I've picked up is to ask for a cheeseboard rather than the canapés. :)

Interesting that you mention the lack of service in AQ. We had the worst cabin attendant ever in AQ last spring on the Infinity. Did not get the amenities. Gave up on requesting ice and got our own. Only booked it because the price dropped to less than we had paid for our balcony cabin. Did love Blu, though!

Isn't that something? We have sailed mostly on Princess and Celebrity -- just one more cruise on each to achieve the elite status (and yes, already booked on both those so should be there by March). The times when we have booked a mini-suite on Princess, we've had the worst room stewards, but have actually had the most excellent ones in ocean view cabins on both Celebrity and Princess. And, on all our previous Celebrity sailings, the room stewards have always been nothing short of stellar!! Then, our first in CC -- not so good. Our fist in AQ, no better. Wow....don't you think they would put the best and brightest in those cabins for which people are promised a better experience. Well, what to do? Guess I have to keep challenging this theory!! :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for your responses! I'm bowled over by the different opinions!! It definitely is down to personal opinions and whether value for money comes at the right time. I've enjoyed reading all the responses. The tip I've picked up is to ask for a cheeseboard rather than the canapés. :)

Don't expect Brie or real Swiss...the cheese platter is sliced cheese from a long bar of processed American, muenster and Swiss. My advice is to just skip the afternoon snack.

Edited by ghstudio

Or order the cheese plate from room service whenever you want it, instead of letting them bring it at a preset time each day regardless or whether or not you feel like having it then.

Also, it pays to check prices and compare Celebrity's prices to travel agency prices.

As previously mentioned, Aqua Class prices are often lower than Concierge Class and sometimes they drop below the prices for regular balcony cabins.

Occasionally you can even pick up a Sky Suite for less than Aqua Class.

The Summit Nov. 30th closeout sale just last week was a good example.

A travel agency was offering Sky Suites for the senior price of $999 pp, while the Celebrity website was showing higher prices than that for Aqua Class and was not showing senior prices at that time for the Nov. 30th cruise at all.

Just noticing that the OP is not from the USA, I feel that I should amend my previous comments to say that the special discounted rates offered here in the USA may not be available to those from other countries. But on the other hand, you may be getting some great offers that we do not know about.

Edited by varoo

It is a lot of fluff and hype.

It all depends on how much you want to pay to feel "special" that you are in AQ and can dine in a separate dining room plus all of the little added touches that are not really that special.

If the price difference isn't that much different it is worth it.

I have to admit that our first cruise ever on X was in AQ on the Soltice because we wanted the "healthier" option. That converted us to X. It was the best cruise ever.

Since then we have always sailed in AQ except for one time in CC because the ship didn't offer AQ and the TA that we used gave free gratuities for the CC category. It was a economic decsion. We enjoyed the MDR with select dining and found it more enjoyable that the crowed condition in Blu on the Reflection that we had booked immediately following that cruise, kind of a B2B. We always are open to take a regular balcony but my wife says she is willing to pay the extra if reasonable for AQ. Most times it comes down that the TA will pick up the gratuities if we go with a higher cat so considering that the cost isn't that much different than if we take a cheaper cat and have to pay them we go with AQ.

.🎄🎅