Allure to take Oasis dry dock slot?

That's a rumor! I believe I just got some new news!

RC is considering putting the Allure in dry dock to fix her problem "in the next few months", but so far the information that I received doesn't state which month, I believe RC is in the decision stage of what to do this is why we are kept in the quiet right now. She will be taken out for one to two weeks, I just don't know exactly when.

What happens if you are booked on a cruise and they decide to dry dock during that date?

We are booked on a b2b in January 2014 on the Allure

I was wondering the same thing. We are scheduled for the April 27, 2014, cruise. Anybody know when the scheduled Oasis dry dock date is? What happens if they do this - would they just substitute Oasis for Allure?

I was wondering the same thing. We are scheduled for the April 27, 2014, cruise. Anybody know when the scheduled Oasis dry dock date is? What happens if they do this - would they just substitute Oasis for Allure?

I believe she goes into dry dock after her Barcelona to Rotterdam cruise which ends Sept 30 2014

Then she heads back to the states October 14, 2014

Edited by molly361

The Oasis dry dock is scheduled for routine maintence Sept-Oct 2014.

I do not believe that they will switch the dry dock schedules between the Oasis and the Allure. The Oasis will need her dry dock she will be five years old next year.

I am hoping the Allure will be put in dry dock to fix her azipod, its possible...read that RC is considering to do this in the next few months I just don't know when that will happen as there is no concrete plans yet. I do hope it be before my May cruise, but I would assume they most likely if this will happen, have her go during the winter months ( Jan to maybe early March) due to the fact its low season cruising. I doubt they will do this from April on as that is high season, its just my guess that is if they fix the propulsion problem.

If your booked the week the ship goes in dry dock RC has the right to cancel that cruise. I am sure those who are cancelled will get their total refunds and maybe a discount maybe so some type for their next cruise. I just hope it will be planned out far in advance so that those who have purchased airfare will be able to get their refunds but then again, if you don't book airfare through the cruise company, RC is not liable if one has any fees or looses their money on airfare, this is why its wise to get trip insurance especially if your going on the Allure.

Edited by lyndamr

I sure hope this is only a rumor that never comes to fruition. We have non refundable one way only airfare to the US to pick up the Oasis and bring her over here before her dry dock.

It would mess up so many people to change the schedules around (and if Allure has propulsion issues, would it make sense to put her in the middle of the Atlantic?)

So I have already purchased airfare for my april 2014 allure trip. I have not paid in full yet so I have not opted in or out for insurance, I believe we have until final payment date to decide. If they cancel that cruise before final payment can I pay the insurance and have them take care of the flights etc?

Sent from my XT897 using Forums mobile app

I wouldn´t mind if they replace the Oasis by the Allure - as long as the now scheduled cruises of the Oasis beginning with the Eastbound TA Sep 1st, 2014 are all replaced with the Allure. Anyway I do have booked air with RCI but it would spoil my summer vacation plans.

Anyway I was also under the impression that the Oasis needs to get into the drydock for her classification after 5 years.

steamboats

We are booked on the Oasis when the Allure is scheduled for drydock. I would be quite dismayed if our Oasis cruise was cancelled so it could go to drydock at that time instead.:eek:

Join me on Freedom :D:p

Sept. 1 Oasis is due to leave FLL for TA to Barcelona.

Oct. 14 Oasis is due to leave Rotterdam for TA to FLL.

We are booked on both!

We have had other cruises canceled or changed completely on us in the past.

You get a phone call or your TA will notify you of the change. Sometimes you will see N/A on the web site, then you know something is up!:eek:

They usually give you a cabin OBC and an alternative cruise to take and that was it. Perhaps if you have air booked there maybe some other compensation?

So, hope if they do switch ships they just keep to the same dates!!! :eek:

...I was also under the impression that the Oasis needs to get into the drydock for her classification after 5 years.
Is a 5 year drydock a Requirement (and if so, required by who?) versus something that needs to be done sometime, and 5 years is the norm? I'm asking because I don't know.

Thom

Is a 5 year drydock a Requirement (and if so, required by who?) versus something that needs to be done sometime, and 5 years is the norm? I'm asking because I don't know.

Thom

Thom,

I can´t tell you exactly but it´s part of the ship´s classification. There are a couple of classification bureaus like Lloyd´s Register or the American Bureau of Shipping. They do check the ships (also after any kind of accident). And this check is also important for insurance. The 5 years are norm. But I can´t tell you any written proof of this.

steamboats

Lots of rumors, but I think we can expect some news one way or the other reasonably soon given the huge amount of planning required. I'd be surprised if they swap the Oasis/Allure dry dock schedule.

Selfishly I'm hoping she's back to full speed before we sail her in May! :cool: We'll see.

Lots of rumors, but I think we can expect some news one way or the other reasonably soon given the huge amount of planning required. I'd be surprised if they swap the Oasis/Allure dry dock schedule.

Selfishly I'm hoping she's back to full speed before we sail her in May! :cool: We'll see.

Selfishly, I hope she's not drydocking 02 Feb 2014! ken