Baggages allowance

Gilbo

Hi all,

We are driving to our cruise on the Legend of the Seas for 11 nights and we are wondering how much luggage can some bring ? Is there limitation ?

Thanks for all your help !

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Hi all,

We are driving to our cruise on the Legend of the Seas for 11 nights and we are wondering how much luggage can some bring ? Is there limitation ?

No limit that I'm aware of.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=2677&faqSubjectId=348&faqSubjectName=Luggage&faqType=faq

Hi all,

no limit as to what to bring on board. they do have laundry and we always find we bring 2x what we need anyways.

Hi all,

as much as you can store in the cabin without tripping over it all week. the smaller cabins will not have much room at all and even the suites may not necessarily comfortably store many bags.

Make sure your bags can nest into each other - huge space saver:p! Store bags under bed and no problems.

I too remember seeing a 200 lb. per passenger limit, but that is one heck of a lot of stuff!

On a recent 10 nighter DH and I got by with a total of five bags, including his dive bag. Just plan your clothing out to maximize combinations and do take advantage of the mid-trip "All you can Stuff" bag deal (for whites etc. - wouldn't put my nice stuff in there):D.

Another thing we do is use the space bags, not necessarily to board but to return. Put dirty clothes in them and then use them to cushion breakables (read alcohol:cool:) on way home. This works best when you are not flying or don't really have a weight limit to worry about ;)

Unless you are traveling in a 18 wheeler, you can bring all you can find room for in the mini van. Having said that, we travel on long long cruises out of a medium suit case, and a carryon for each of us. We do not dress formal and dress clothes are limited, but we look good. As some one else said above, maximize your clothes, remember only the top half is noticed, so extra shirts blouses, most of these can be wore two to three times, with two pair of dressier/dress pants. Colors, black on black works wonders. Laundry can be slow on the ships, so be prepared.

I should say we are world travelers, and have specific clothes purchased mainly for traveling light, so our opinion is not the norm.

You don't have where you live on your profile so no clue if you are flying or not, but you really can get away with a lot less than you think.

Last time I went, I brought 1 packback and a wheeling garment bag, since they both work as a carry on. I didnt even use half the stuff I brought

OP – you can basically take whatever you need, but it is OK to wear something more than once.:) That advise to bring half as many clothes and twice as much money is good to follow!

I have heard that those who live both in Europe ( summer) and the US (winter) and who take transatlantics back and forth as their mode of travel between continents bring LOTS of luggage/boxes (and have much of it stored) as it is basically free shipping to get your necessities back and forth. I think it is brilliant, as a TA is often cheaper than airfare, and one get basically an unlimited luggage allowance. Mayve that is why RCCL places some sort of upper limit.

M

Thank you all for the information. We are driving from Montreal Canada and we wanted to make sure that we can bring what we need. We are experienced travellers however it's our first cruise and we like to dress on formal nights and the other nights as well.

Happy sailing !

Thank you all for the information. We are driving from Montreal Canada and we wanted to make sure that we can bring what we need. We are experienced travellers however it's our first cruise and we like to dress on formal nights and the other nights as well.

Happy sailing !

safe driving, have a great trip.

Well according to RCI UK website there is a 90kg allowance. RCI US website of course quoted 'reasonable amount' without an actual weight.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/planning-and-preparation/cruise-documents-and-luggage/

98kg is as close to 200lbs as you're going to get, RCI US used to say the limit was 200lbs per person

They said they are driving!

The brochure states 200 LBS PER PERSON! I can't imagine any one person needing 200 lbs!!!

You may bring what you like!!

Then imagine my SIL. :D Six bags between her and her husband and only one was his. :eek: ...and then she kept buying stuff like crazy. It was before the current baggage fees when you only paid if they were overweight. Needless to say they got whacked pretty hard on the flights home. It was the only time we ever cruised with them...thankfully.

Then imagine my SIL. :D Six bags between her and her husband and only one was his. :eek: ...and then she kept buying stuff like crazy. It was before the current baggage fees when you only paid if they were overweight. Needless to say they got whacked pretty hard on the flights home. It was the only time we ever cruised with them...thankfully.

UPS or FedEx could make so much money by having a kiosk in the check-in area at airports just selling people a cardboard box and shipping it Ground for about $20.

UPS or FedEx could make so much money by having a kiosk in the check-in area at airports just selling people a cardboard box and shipping it Ground for about $20.

If it was only $20 but really it's closer to $50 to ship 50lbs.

If it was only $20 but really it's closer to $50 to ship 50lbs.

Ahh but imagine the bulk shipping. Could work very well especially since both of these companies usually have ramps at major airports (DH works for one of them;)), so costs would be minimal. Could be a plan - maybe I should mention to DH and he can run it up the flag pole - anything to help pay the cruise bill:rolleyes: