where to go eat?

Tin

Is Shula burgers worth trying? I have a list of places I want to try when we go in March and that is one of them. Thanks.

Shula Burger is good but not great. You might as well go to Duffy's for a burger and enjoy the meal with table service. There is also a 5 Guys down the street...I haven't tried it but people say it's great.

Shula Burger is good but not great. You might as well go to Duffy's for a burger and enjoy the meal with table service. There is also a 5 Guys down the street...I haven't tried it but people say it's great.

Duffy's happy hour is so outstanding, I'd pick them. Five Guys is similar to Wendys or Burger King.

Five Guys is similar to Wendys or Burger King.

Blasphemy!:p

I haven't visited the one at Harbor Shops but lived very near the original Five Guys in northern Virginia from its founding over 25 years ago until this past year....

It is made to order fast, fresh (nothing frozen) food. You place your order at the counter and dictate what you want on your hamburger from an extensive list of condiments. The fries are cooked in peanut oil and absolutely delicious. When your order is ready they call your number and you can eat it in their seating area.

It is definitely a step (or maybe an entire floor :D) up from the typical hamburger fast food restaurant.

Blasphemy!:p

I haven't visited the one at Harbor Shops but lived very near the original Five Guys in northern Virginia from its founding over 25 years ago until this past year....

It is made to order fast, fresh (nothing frozen) food. You place your order at the counter and dictate what you want on your hamburger from an extensive list of condiments. The fries are cooked in peanut oil and absolutely delicious. When your order is ready they call your number and you can eat it in their seating area.

It is definitely a step (or maybe an entire floor :D) up from the typical hamburger fast food restaurant.

Eat at the one here then get back to me. You ate at the original that spawned a thousand franchises.

Eat at a franchise then let me know what you think.

Duffy's happy hour is so outstanding, I'd pick them. Five Guys is similar to Wendys or Burger King.

Blue, I love Wendy's burgers, lol! :D But I prefer eating at Shula Burger and Smashburger, so I will probably like 5 Guys when I finally get there (I hear the fries are the best). Charm City Burgers in Deerfield is probably the best of those places so you've gotta try it!

Blue, I love Wendy's burgers, lol! :D But I prefer eating at Shula Burger and Smashburger, so I will probably like 5 Guys when I finally get there (I hear the fries are the best). Charm City Burgers in Deerfield is probably the best of those places so you've gotta try it!

I like Wendys and Burger King also! Five Guys to me is exactly like those two.

Ernie's Bar B Que on US 1 in FLL it's a locals place that I fond recommended on here. They make the best Bimini Bread outside of the islands. They have a different kind of Barbque Sauce that is like a gravy delish. We are now part of the locals that go there often. The same people that owns Ernie's also own The Floridian Diner on Las Olas which is another great local place with character. Why eat at a chain that you can eat at your own hometown when you can eat get local charm!!!:)

Hi Sharon,:) depends on what type of fries you like and how many of

them you want.... Let me tell you, I LOVE French Fries but theirs

are some of my least favorites:eek:.....and the small size? It is NOT small.

So, just like everything else....food (even fries;)) are VERY subjective.

I like Wendy's fries way more than 5 guys.

Five Guys Fries are far superior than Wendy's Fries. Five Guys actually make their own Fries out of fresh potatoes not frozen ones like Wendy's. But everyone has their own preference! Five Guys now have 3 sizes the size they call regular feeds 2 people with no problem they also have a little size which I'm sure feeds 1. I'm sure if you try it you'll like it!!:)

Five Guys Fries are far superior than Wendy's Fries. Five Guys actually make their own Fries out of fresh potatoes not frozen ones like Wendy's. But everyone has their own preference! Five Guys now have 3 sizes the size they call regular feeds 2 people with no problem they also have a little size which I'm sure feeds 1. I'm sure if you try it you'll like it!!:)

Hi, You are correct, we all have our own preference. In my opinion,

they are not superior at all. They may be fresh but they don't fry

them well (in my opinion)...at least the few times I have tried them.

I prefer, hot, crispy on the outside and a softer potato in the center.

5 Guys have always tasted soggy, even when they come out hot.

(in my experiences).

Hi, You are correct, we all have our own preference. In my opinion,

they are not superior at all. They may be fresh but they don't fry

them well (in my opinion)...at least the few times I have tried them.

I prefer, hot, crispy on the outside and a softer potato in the center.

5 Guys have always tasted soggy, even when they come out hot.

(in my experiences).

Hi Lois! Your opinion is actually fact!! Potatoes are only harvested once a year and the rest of the year they sit in warehouses waiting to be shipped out. There is only a two week window where the PH level of the potato is optimum for making French fries. The rest of the year the potato makes a really soggy French fry. So, most restaurants use frozen because they freeze them when the PH level is best and they have crispy fries all year long!

When it comes to French fries, you definitely want frozen.

Hi Lois! Your opinion is actually fact!! Potatoes are only harvested once a year and the rest of the year they sit in warehouses waiting to be shipped out. There is only a two week window where the PH level of the potato is optimum for making French fries. The rest of the year the potato makes a really soggy French fry. So, most restaurants use frozen because they freeze them when the PH level is best and they have crispy fries all year long!

When it comes to French fries, you definitely want frozen.

WOW:)....I knew you had an "in" in the restaurant business and thanks

for information about "the spud";)

So really, unless you fry them "fresh...right away"...that sogginess was

NOT a figment of my imagination.......thanks for confirming it!