Cancelled flights and missing cruise boarding

MVPinBoynton

Happy Birthday Texed. We will always be able to remember it since yesterday was the 50th anniversary of our first date. It was a Friday too. We went to the same restaurant and when we told the server, she got the manager and they comped the meal. Nice touch.

We hope to meet you some day.

Neat!

We are about 20 miles away. It is too bad you don't live there now, they are "bidding" for houses in the Woodlands. They are in the process of building Exxon headquarters for 17,000 folks.

WOW!!! The bidding wars would have been a nice plus back when we sold ...and then moved to CT. YIKES!!! We were only "damn" yankees for 4 years, but loved it down there! For those of you not in on the joke...a yankee is someone who comes to visit in Texas...a damn yankee stays :)

If you are ever stranded in Connecticut you will always have a place here to lay your head.

Many thanks for getting all of us into the Holiday spirit!

Ed! Whoever you are may God bless you.

Well, it may not be politically correct, (I don't care), the Good Lord has blessed us. :)

I want to thank the moderators for allowing this thread to continue. To take it back to cruise related, our first cruise was in 1994. It was on Majesty of the Seas. There were four of us, Jacquie, my two sons, and me. The room was 137 sq. ft., but we were as happy as a hog in slop. We didn't think it could get any better than that. But, because the Lord has blessed us we can sail in a better room now (thank goodness ;)), but that first cruise got us hooked. And meeting folks like the ones posting on this thread is a big reason to cruise. :)

Edited by Texed

I don't guess Celebrity would mind if I tell y'all. I had my choice between the construction video of Reflection being built, or an "Excite the Senses" cookbook. I chose the cookbook. I will give it to Jacquie for Christmas. One less present to buy. (I told y'all I was a jerk) :D

Fantastic. Can't wait to hear how you enjoyed the recipes. Sure your sweetheart will love the book.

Now just because you have the recipes that doesn't mean you can stop cruising.

:-)

It is just plain and simple Texas Hospitality; that's just the way folks are in Texas! I lived there for 30 years, and hope to move back again soon. Also, Mike has so many wonderful reviews on CC. Who wouldn't want to do something special for him for him? Kindness begets kindness! No heroes, just true compassionate people who know how to express themselves, and learned these lessons in kindergarten! :):)

Texed...glad to see your kindness on the board!

Edited by Lastdance

So strange that this is the first thread that I'm reading after disembarking Reflection this morning. I opened it because I wanted to read what was going on with Mike and Carol's cruise. To read through six pages of such a GREAT thread reminded me of how lucky we are to be able to cruise, meet such wonderful people who become lifelong friends, and appreciate the goodness in folks.

Ed ~ I was just thinking of you yesterday while I was waiting at the waffle station for those yummy hot waffles to come off the griddle. They were as good as ever. I was not surprised to read about your generosity and kindness. Cruise Critic is fortunate to have so many great members like you! I've said I'm moving to Texas when y'all secede because you are all so nice! Happy Belated Birthday, too!

Mike and Carol ~ hoping your son makes it to San Juan and enjoys the rest of the cruise with you. Be sure to see Reflection, the Show. Just awesome! It's later in the cruise. Also tell Onur at the Sunset Bar we send our best. We are missing the Sunset bar already!

To all the Cruise Critic members who love this thread, keep posting positive thoughts whenever and wherever you post! We appreciate all of you.

So strange that this is the first thread that I'm reading after disembarking Reflection this morning.

Ed ~ I was just thinking of you yesterday while I was waiting at the waffle station for those yummy hot waffles to come off the griddle.

Anne,

It is so nice to see you post on this thread. I hope you had a great cruise on Reflection, and had some wonderful waffles. :)

Twice I was to cruise with Ed and his family . Both times I cancel the cruise. Guess not meant to be.

Ed has shown this Yankee and 100,s of others how blessed he is by giving back. He is a giver and I love people like that .

Thanks Ed for showing how kind you are. In 12 days you will be enjoying your cruise.

Have fun and say hi and bye to Nathalia for me. She is leaving for good jan 5 th.

Robin

I feel bad for anyone impacted by these storms.

Hoping that most people arrived to their ships on time.

Keith

Hi Keith, Texas was definitely in the middle of them....if you happened

to watch any football yesterday? There was a game between CFU and

SMU and they announced if you could get to the game? They would

let you in for free due to the weather......pretty nice thing to do:)

Any like minded Texans on the 12th July Equinox Adriatic cruise? This Aussie would love to say G'day!

If there are no Texans on your sailing, don't worry. I think everyone gets along well with the Aussies. I have met so many nice folks from there. :)

If there are no Texans on your sailing, don't worry. I think everyone gets along well with the Aussies. I have met so many nice folks from there. :)

I haven't had the pleasure of sailing with Ed yet, but I've met other fun people from Texas. And the Aussies--great folks! One of the joys of cruising.

I haven't had the pleasure of sailing with Ed yet, .

Probably because Jacquie works for the school district and you sail at times when you want to try to avoid kids, like me. :D

Flying in a day or even two ahead never guarantees that you will have safe and timely flights. We had tried to go to FLL two days early in February but we were deterred by the storm on the East Coast. Problem was trying to find a flight the next day with our original carrier. Long story short we ended up paying $1400 for a one way flight and got a grand total of $500 from our original carrier. They weren't going to be able to fly us out until after the cruise had left!

Belated Birthday wishes to you Ed! Hope you had some waffles. And trust me, he is all bark and no bite!

snow bunny

LOL!!! Not a jerk... a sense of humor!

Celebrity, in the spirit of giving, I would like to purchase the construction video for Jacquie to put under the tree for Ed. :) Is there a way I could do this?

Hello, our 'The Building of Celebrity Reflection' DVD's are available for purchase here: http://www.shopcelebritycruises.com/Reflection.asp

However, please note that Ed may have both gifts already on the way. :D

Probably because Jacquie works for the school district and you sail at times when you want to try to avoid kids, like me. :D

Ed, you're one kid I really hope to sail with someday. ;)

Garry

Hello, our 'The Building of Celebrity Reflection' DVD's are available for purchase here: http://www.shopcelebritycruises.com/Reflection.asp

However, please note that Ed may have both gifts already on the way. :D

Many thanks Celebrity, for acknowledging a very kind, generous and funny man.

Wishing Ed, Jacquie and all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year!!!

I too, hope to one day meet the incredible Ed and his family.

Edited by 20pluscruises

[quote name='gkm'][B]Ed, you're one kid I really hope to sail with someday. ;)Garry[/B][/QUOTE]

[quote name='20pluscruises']Many thanks Celebrity, for acknowledging a very kind, generous and funny man.
Wishing Ed, Jacquie and all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year!!!
I too, hope to one day meet the incredible Ed and his family.[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Again, I am really humbled by all the wonderful people here on the boards, and I wish we could sail with all of you. :)[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='Texed'][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Probably because Jacquie works for the school district and you sail at times when you want to try to avoid kids, like me. :D[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"]You're right, Ed, I do try to sail when there are fewer kids, but for you, I'll make an exception. :D[/SIZE][/FONT]