Seven ships in FLL Sat 12/14/2013

tteettimes

Gonna be a busy day at the port, taxi.airport. Hotels, restaurants,.....and just think about it...just as many people are leaving as there are arriving.......I personally would love th be arriving :D :D

M/S Carnival Freedom 2,974

M/S Celebrity Eclipse 2,850

GTS Constellation 2,034

M/S Crown Princess 3,080

M/S Oasis of the Seas 5,400

M/S Ruby Princess 3,080

M/S Westerdam 1,916

7 Ships**21,334--------now that's a FULL port day

Gonna be a busy day at the port, taxi.airport. Hotels, restaurants,.....and just think about it...just as many people are leaving as there are arriving.......I personally would love th be arriving :D :D

GTS Constellation 2,034

M/S Crown Princess 3,080

M/S Ruby Princess 3,080

M/S Westerdam 1,916

I picked up my in-laws last Saturday from Oasis of the Seas. I live 10 minutes from the port and it took me 40 minutes just to get to the terminal. The longest delay will be security at the entrance. I would avoid the entrance at the end of I-595 and use State Road 84 instead. The construction & road issues at 595 are awful.:eek: Good Luck!

There were 8 last Saturday, with Infinity "tucked in" over by one of the Princess ships. This will pretty much be the scenario for the rest of the winter, with 7 being the norm. You'd be amazed at how smoothly embarkation goes (once you actually get into the port), in spite of the large numbers. Disembarkation, not so much! ;)

Edited by gimletgal

We were there last Saturday getting off the Infinity. What a mess once we got off the ship. We waited about 2 hours for a taxi to a local hotel. The port had two ships (Infinity and a Princess) feeding passengers into one line for taxis. At one point the police got mad at the taxi dispatcher, who had no control over the line, other passengers that just left the ships went to the front of line and the dispatcher just turned her back and ignored these people. The police basically moved her aside and told her just stand there, and they started assigning people cabs.

It appeared to be going well for those arriving, no problem getting to the ship once inside the port.

GTS Constellation 2,034

M/S Crown Princess 3,080

M/S Ruby Princess 3,080

M/S Westerdam 1,916

Makes me glad we're sailing out of Port Everglades on the Silhouette on Sunday, not Saturday!!!

Hi,

I am leaving on the Celebrity Constellation this Saturday. Because I love cruise ships, I will enjoy seeing the other ships. I am flying to FLL the night before the cruise and staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. I will get a taxi from the hotel and leave for the ship plenty early on Saturday. Because this is a five-night cruise that ends on Thursday, the port should not be crowded after the cruise.

Chuck

We will be arriving into Port Everglades on Jan 5th. Looks like they may stick the Century over a Pier #4, next to the Princess ship? Celebrity has been using this pier this season when they have two ships in port.

If so, I think we will try something new -- we are going to walk out of the port (through the parking structure, out the gate on to 17th sheet). We are staying at the Renaissance at the intersection of Eisenhower and 17th street.

No sense in waiting in the taxi line for over an hour to take a 600 yard ride to the hotel.

Wish me luck!

Kel:)

They're all here......ain't the purdy ?? :D:):eek::D

GTS Constellation 2,034

M/S Crown Princess 3,080

M/S Ruby Princess 3,080

M/S Westerdam 1,916

Good morning Lois and enjoy your cruise! We don't go until August.

Den

Hi Denny:D:):D always good to see you!!!!! When this itinerary came out

I thought of you and so did another crusiemate.....CENTURY

is going out of FLL and was hoping you and your bride could go with us.

But you were off the boards for a good while and I had no way to email

you.

Quite a few long time CCrs are going and it would have been such

fun to finally meet in person:)

I picked up my in-laws last Saturday from Oasis of the Seas. I live 10 minutes from the port and it took me 40 minutes just to get to the terminal. The longest delay will be security at the entrance. I would avoid the entrance at the end of I-595 and use State Road 84 instead. The construction & road issues at 595 are awful.:eek: Good Luck!

We are arriving Jan 5, 2014 by car via I-95 North. Would you still recommend State Road 84? Will be boarding the Silhouette and will park in the garage hopefully! Thanks!

Where do you get this information from?

things to quickly change, when in person to others informing......

6AM, three ships seen, besides the Eclipse coming in, making that four...

the other three or four, cannot speak for. but in and out was fast and easy, from off loading 30 minutes tops, to inside a car.

PEACE

Edited by fishycomics

Hi Denny:D:):D always good to see you!!!!! When this itinerary came out

I thought of you and so did another crusiemate.....CENTURY

is going out of FLL and was hoping you and your bride could go with us.

But you were off the boards for a good while and I had no way to email

you.

Quite a few long time CCrs are going and it would have been such

fun to finally meet in person:)

So sorry to have missed it. We Will cruise together sooner or later!

Den