Pizza change

fishycomics

We sampled the rectangular pizzas (several times) during our Eclipse Cruise (last week). We thought the pizza was OK, but nothing special. It does help to get it as soon as it comes out of the oven as opposed to eating the stuff that sits under the heat lamps for any period of time. The toppings were fine, but the crust was not something we would ever pay for in a pizza shop.

For those cruisers who are true pizza lovers, we continue to recommend the pizza served on Princess. This particular cruise line makes very good New York style pizza and seems to make the quality a major priority. There is a long history of good pizza on Princess which goes back to when they acquired Sitmar Lines (and Italian cruise line) which had excellent pizzerias (staffed by real Italian pizza makers) on all of their ships.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Hi Everyone,

I tried the "New" pizza several times on Eclipse. Compared to what Celebrity served in the past, it was ok, but not an improvement. For starters, I didn't care for the sauce - thought it was too spicy. The toppings & cheese were fine. The biggest issue, (as Hlitner mentioned), was that it needed to be eaten when hot. It doesnt hold up very well for more than a few minutes - turning into cardboard. After a few days of the cruise, I knew better, and waited for pizza that was just out of the oven.

IMO, its not bad, but I'd like to see Celebrity try another Pizza option.

Edited by Host Andy

Everyone's taste is different. Spent 27 days on SIL. Tried the new pizza and didn't care for it. Tried it again and still didn't like it. Didn't go back for a third try. Did the flatbread at the Lawn Club Grill and enjoyed it, but then I made it to my taste.

Edited by Orator

Pizza is so subjective, every part of the country makes it a little differently, so not everyone is going to like the way it's made on a ship. While I agree hot and fresh is best, we've asked them to heat up a slice that looked like it had been sitting there (toppings we wanted). They usually offer to make a whole new one of that kind just for us, but since we just want a taste we usually thank them and say no, just throw it in the oven for a minute or so.

I would have to say I can't recall ever meeting some melted cheese that I didn't like. :)

I shouldn't have read this thread, because it's dinner time here, I'm hungry and I've just ordered a delivery pizza:o

Phil

LOL. Enjoy the Pizza Phil !

There were three to four types:

wvpkc2.jpg

I love pepperoni, and the end slices are to be desired. The plain cheese was fair, the pepperoni was better than the cheese, to some spicy, the all toppings was good, and the veggie was as good as the next...

I did not like the pizza when it was from hot-to-warm, but still ate it. I found the sauce to be good a excellent taste, and not a paste. The crust was good not to heavy or thick but thinner than average, can say more on a bisquick level, but soft.

I know my Pizza, and I tasted far worse than this. I Had Pizza the last night, due to the poor dishes served, my taste. Three slices is filling, with a salad you are more than satisfied.

I agree the lamp only helps keep it hot past the ovens temps and you must be careful not to get burned.

You may request a whole Pie, if you want a hot one, they could cut down the Middle for more servings, if truly asked? From what I remembered last cruise, the taste was by far the same not for the worse, for the better! :)

Why not comment on the water thing? The lucky duck obviously lives in New York, so to him any pizza would fall far short (and I agree with him). But to us, we have early dinner, and it's our guilty pleasure to have a tiny taste of pizza late every night. It's not the best, but it hits the spot.

Why not comment on the water thing? The lucky duck obviously lives in New York, so to him any pizza would fall far short (and I agree with him).

I don't think he lives in NY. This stuff is so far from NY pizza that he is way too accepting to be a real New Yorker. How can you possibly get the crust right if it isn't round???--you can't throw it to stretch it out.

Since Celebrity seems to have invested a lot of money in these rectangular serving tables, they should go to Chicago and learn how to make that type of pizza. They will never "square the circle" with New York pizza.