Stock Offering from Carnival??

mikjr

I received this from my broker regarding my shares in Carnival... it says check Carnivals website for further details on the offer... but I don't see anything on their site.

anyone have any idea what the offer is? or where it's located on the Carnival site?

Description: CARNIVAL CORP ORD (PANAMA)

The above-listed stock is part of a non-mandatory reorganization or tender offer, which currently expires on 01/13/2014.

I can't find anything either except that earnings will be announced tomorrow (19th of December) on a conference call. Maybe something will come out of that. It could be some kind of buy back, either stock or notes.

Edited by beg3yrs

I got the same thing. My email said to check Carnival's website, or contact my broker for more information. I haven't seen any announcement in the news yet. I'll wait until tomorrow, and if I still don't see anything I will call my broker.

There is a thread on the Carnival board about this.

It seems to be a company that buys dividend producing stocks.

I'd link the thread but can't figure out how to do that from my phone.

I received this from my broker regarding my shares in Carnival... it says check Carnivals website for further details on the offer... but I don't see anything on their site.

anyone have any idea what the offer is? or where it's located on the Carnival site?

Description: CARNIVAL CORP ORD (PANAMA)

The above-listed stock is part of a non-mandatory reorganization or tender offer, which currently expires on 01/13/2014.

Read the article at the link below which explains 'tender offers'. Essentially, someone is trying to buy up enough carnival stock to take over the corporation.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7302915_non_mandatory-reorganization-tender-stock-offer_.html

Here is a press release from CCL:

MIAMI, Dec. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) has scheduled a conference call with analysts for 10:30 a.m. (EST); 3:30 p.m. (GMT), Thursday, December 19, 2013, to discuss the company's fourth quarter financial results which are expected to be released that morning.

And here is an article about the 4th Q earnings:

http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/117107/will-carnival-ccl-surprise-this-earnings-season

I looked and could find nothing on any hostile takeover of CCL...

And a tender offer of $33 when the shares are trading at $37 is a joke.

Here is a press release from CCL:

MIAMI, Dec. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) has scheduled a conference call with analysts for 10:30 a.m. (EST); 3:30 p.m. (GMT), Thursday, December 19, 2013, to discuss the company's fourth quarter financial results which are expected to be released that morning.

And here is an article about the 4th Q earnings:

http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/117107/will-carnival-ccl-surprise-this-earnings-season

I looked and could find nothing on any hostile takeover of CCL...

And a tender offer of $33 when the shares are trading at $37 is a joke.

This is the normal quarterly conference call that Carnival Corp holds four times a year to discuss the quarterly earnings.

I would be suspicious just because it says Panama which is not where CCL is registered.

However ... according to my end-2012 Ameritrade statement for tax purposes, my CCL dividends were paid out of Panama.

Edited by pms4104

I would be suspicious just because it says Panama which is not where CCL is registered.

I thought the same thing, but a little checking turned up the fact that Carnival Corp is a Panamanian Corporation. And Carnival plc is chartered in London/Wales. Or so it says in the 10Q Statement to the SEC.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-reportsother4

Edited by thinfool