Luggage Tags? PAPER? STAPLED? Really???

muzzy 10

What size are they????????????????????????

Instead of repeating this over again, why are you not just printing yours?

This is what you want..............

Favors by Serendipity

Cruise Luggage Tag Holders (Set of 4)

17 customer reviews

Price: $10.95

Note: $4.95 shipping when purchased from Favors by Serendipity. Not eligible for Amazon Prime.

In Stock.

Ships from and sold by Favors by Serendipity.

Designed for use with all of the Carnival owned cruise lines

Princess, Carnival, Costa, Holland America, P&O, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity

Protects your printed cruise luggage tags, water resistant, durable, reusable.

Will not fall off or tear off in transit.

PRICE IS FOR A SET OF 4 TAGS

Edited by Pia1913

What size are they????????????????????????

Here's the size of the right holders, from the listing in the Cruise Critic Store:

Wide Tag is 3 1/4 inches by 6 1/4 inches

(designed for Princess, Carnival, Holland America, Costa, Cunard but will also work for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity)

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

If you are flying I highly recommend this. We were traveling to Buenos Aires to leave on the Star a couple of years ago as part of a group of eight. We were mostly non rev's traveling standby. Two of the group had to go through Miami and Montevideo and then to BA. Their luggage, however, had other plans. They bought clothes in BA prior to embarkation day because they thought they had nothing but the minimal pieces in their carry on. Mind you this was a 17 day trip with several days on land on either end. We all boarded the ship and guess who's bags were waiting in their cabin? That's right. The last time they had seen them was four days before in Los Angeles.

Hopefully my bags can find their way from Dulles to FLL by way of O'Hare (yeah, I know). If they did not, I'd do what I had to. I have a transfer to the Ruby but would forfeit it and take a taxi to a mall, buy some clothes, and then to the ship.

HALLELUIA, THERE IS A GOD!!

THANKS sminfiddle

Here's the size of the right holders, from the listing in the Cruise Critic Store:

Wide Tag is 3 1/4 inches by 6 1/4 inches

(designed for Princess, Carnival, Holland America, Costa, Cunard but will also work for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity)

I was dubious at first also, but they work perfectly. If we are at a hotel the night before boarding I just get a stapler from the front desk as we leave, otherwise the Porters at the pier always have them.;) We are booked on our first RCCL cruise in Mar. and from what I can see the only luggage tags are for those in all the different types of suites. I hope that in the last couple of weeks before the cruise they have printable luggage tags available?:confused:

We are booked on our first RCCL cruise in Mar. and from what I can see the only luggage tags are for those in all the different types of suites. I hope that in the last couple of weeks before the cruise they have printable luggage tags available?:confused:

On my last RCCL cruise I was able to print the luggage tags about 17 days before the cruise.

I haven't been on a Princess ship in about 4 years...have been instructed to print unreinforced paper tags off the net, and staple them around the handles of our luggage. I usually attach tags AFTER we claim our luggage at the airport(so they aren't damaged in transit). Now we must also bring a stapler with us?Ri-iiiight!

I guess I could get replacements from the porter at the pier,but annoyed by this. Has anyone been able to get tags mailed from Princess? Any other suggestions?

I, too, thought this went a bit far in money saving tactics but after realizing that people don't really use but a couple of the 8 or so luggage tags they used to send out, I came to realize it was a smart move on their part.

So, my DH is a bit obsessive but he came up with the perfect solution.

Print out your tags -- only the number you need.

Fold and reinforce by covering with clear packing tape -- even one or two pieces of scotch tape down the middle will do the trick.

Punch both ends, about an inch from the edge through the taped portion of the paper with a hole punch.

Pack a couple of twist ties to attach the tags at the pier.

Presto.....never have we lost our tags and we've saved oodles of sticky paper for the cruiselines -- stuff that would have just ended up in the trash.

What great ideas on here. The paper ones can be put on at the port with the Porter who will have a stapler.

*Great idea to use a luggage tag

*Laminate or Packing tape with a hole is good too. What a plethora of great ideas.

I miss the old days of receiving my cruise documents and luggage tags in the mail. I decorated a Christmas tree with luggage tags.

Edited by JonV

I haven't been on a Princess ship in about 4 years...have been instructed to print unreinforced paper tags off the net, and staple them around the handles of our luggage. I usually attach tags AFTER we claim our luggage at the airport(so they aren't damaged in transit). Now we must also bring a stapler with us?Ri-iiiight!

I guess I could get replacements from the porter at the pier,but annoyed by this. Has anyone been able to get tags mailed from Princess? Any other suggestions?

We reinforce our tags with clear packing tape. I use a hole punch to punch a hole through the tag. We carry zip locks with us and attach the tags to the luggage when we arrive at the pier. Never had one come off.

As a "reward" for my 5,000th post on here Cruise Critic gave me a $5.00 gift certificate to their store and I got 2 of the luggage tag holders with it.

Thanks Cruise Critic! :D

Wow, I had no idea we got presents :confused:

Guess I'd better pick up the pace :D