Luggage Tags? PAPER? STAPLED? Really???

muzzy 10

That would be quite a collection of luggage tag holders for you! ;)

Add the trivia prizes with and Pia could fill a 5 & 10 shop

:D Love those luggage tags; we still have a supply. Too bad they stopped giving them. We each use one to carry our coffee card.

I should put some of those old prizes on Ebay. Wish I knew how. Wonder if there's a market for them. Especially the reversible totes that still have the $20 price tag. ???

We reinforce our tags with clear packing tape. I use a hole punch to punch a hole through the tag. We carry zip locks with us and attach the tags to the luggage when we arrive at the pier. Never had one come off.

When folded acording to the directions, the tags are strong and do not need reinforcement with tape or anything else. I actually find it harder to remove the tags from the luggage than the kind Princess used to mail out.

Like you, I punch a hole and use a zip tie. No need to borrow or carry a stapler around.

Edited by caribill

• 4 months later...

Part of my fun cruise preparationi s making my luggage tags .I get bristol board in a vivid colour .Print the tags ,cut them to size ,glue them on the bristol board ,cover them in clear tape .punch holes and slip in elastics I then place them in an upper suitcase pocket ready to be used on embarcation day ...never ripped one never lost one

They are easyand fun to make ..its always a good idea to put dates and itinerary as well as home info on the inside pocket just in case luggage gets lost

This works for me and I consider it my Fun craft before leaving

We were in San Pedro yesterday and observed a porter stapling someone's luggage tags on the bags. It appeared they were taped, and he didn't feel they were secure so he was putting staples in to make sure. I would think he would know what was the best way, but you never know.

We were in San Pedro yesterday and observed a porter stapling someone's luggage tags on the bags. It appeared they were taped, and he didn't feel they were secure so he was putting staples in to make sure. I would think he would know what was the best way, but you never know.

Once in San Pedro a stapled & packing tape protected tag was nearly torn off so I now use the Favors by Serendipity plastic holders available directly from them, from Amazon or I've even seen them in the ship's gift shop. For me spending a couple of $ per holder is cheap insurance after spending a lot of $$$$ for a cruise. ;)

A tip I read on CC several years ago-- print extra copies of your luggage tags and put one in the pocket of each suitcase in case the tag gets torn off. We always put one in each of our carry-ons, too. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

We wrap ours in packing tape, fold them over and punch holes in with a standard hole punch. We pack them in plastic bags in our carry-on along with small cable ties. Once we recover our luggage at the airport we attach to our luggage - easy. We put two tags on each piece of luggage in case one gets torn off somehow.

Edited by Lsmith52

We use packing tape to both cover the tags and hold them together. I'm surprised those vinyl tags that are sold don't get torn off. We had some similar to those from a land trip to China that have all disintegrated by now. One at a time, they were ripped off luggage. We'd get our bags with just the loopy portion of the tag left.

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

On our first cruise I used these 3M laminating tags. Great, but they are a one-shot deal. On our second cruise, I got refillable pouches. They worked fine. By the time the third cruise came up, I couldn't find enough of the pouches to make a set.

So I ran to the Office supply store and for about $3.50 I bought a mini stapler and a box of mini staples. I threw them in my carry on bag with the printed tags.

Since I always overnight in town before the cruise, I wait till I get to the hotel, fold up the tags and staples them on. Five minutes work and I'm done. The best thing is that once I get to the room, the tags come right off and I have no need to worry about them (or the little plastic cases that I no longer use) again.

FWIW

Edited by AKman2495

On our first cruise I used these 3M laminating tags. Great, but they are a one-shot deal. On our second cruise, I got refillable pouches. They worked fine. By the time the third cruise came up, I couldn't find enough of the pouches to make a set.

So I ran to the Office supply store and for about $3.50 I bought a mini stapler and a box of mini staples. I threw them in my carry on bag with the printed tags.

Since I always overnight in town before the cruise, I wait till I get to the hotel, fold up the tags and staples them on. Five minutes work and I'm done. The best thing is that once I get to the room, the tags come right off and I have no need to worry about them (or the little plastic cases that I no longer use) again.

FWIW

Dollar Tree - one buck. :D I always carry one too, though I do use the pouches I bought from S e r e n d i p i t y a few years ago.

Dollar Tree - one buck. :D I always carry one too, though I do use the pouches I bought from S e r e n d i p i t y a few years ago.

we had our serendipity pouches for many years,they have gone through 9+ cruises and still look like new, best "cruisebuck" ever spend. We use plastic cable ties to attach to the luggage,they are better to use then the ones that come with the pouches. It is such a small investment to enjoy the start of a cruise, I would never fiddle around with staplers,plastic tape etc. what a waist of time:confused: