Luggage Tags? PAPER? STAPLED? Really???

muzzy 10

I print, laminate THEN take hole punch and punch holes in each end. Attach the tag to luggage handle with a zip tie. Easy to clip off when you are on the ship. Enjoy your cruise. :)
I've "laminated" mine in the past with clear packing tape. You can use garbage bag twist ties to secure or buy plastic zip-ties. Quick, easy and cheap.

I fold the paper following the instructions but instead of stapling I put a couple inch piece of packing tape on that end. Then I punch a hole right where it says staple. I have a little plastic "leash" (kind of like a super strong rubber band) that goes through that hole and then that all goes on my luggage handle. Super easy. I've reused the leash dozens of times. I can get them ready at home and then put it on my luggage before we head to the pier.

I think I bought them at Office Depot in a kit for making your own luggage tags

5uze8yza.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the best idea I have seen. I have been using a laminator at home and borrowing the stapler at the hotel but this idea seems to be simple, easy, and cheap! Thanks.

As an experiment on my last cruise, I folded the tags as directed and then stapled a couple of them on my bag before I left home. I had a couple of extras in case I needed them, but the tags survived the Flyaway bus to the airport, the flight to Houston, the transfer bus and both were still affixed when the bag arrived in my cabin... :) btw, the Princess folks at the transfer booth had a stapler available for those that needed it.

Sure I miss the document dance, but life moves on. The paper tags are not a problem...

Years ago, I bought a box of 200 low-end sheet protectors at Staples. We use them to protect bicycling route maps when we go on group rides. We also slide the 8.5"x11" Princess luggage tag into the sheet protector, THEN fold as prescribed, and staple (you've got six layers of sheet protector and three layers of paper now, so the tag is rather robust). Works like a champ.

I always travel with a small roll of clear packing tape. Once the luggage tag is folded around handle of luggage I tape it to itself.

The tape is good for many things (lint roller, etc.). Also if I want to have a case of water or a 12 pack of pop I buy it at a grocery store, tape an extra luggage tag to it, and check it with the rest of my luggage.

FF115

I print, laminate THEN take hole punch and punch holes in each end. Attach the tag to luggage handle with a zip tie. Easy to clip off when you are on the ship. Enjoy your cruise. :)

This is my method, except that I 'laminate' with shipping tape. No problems and the bags arrive in our cabin safely.

For the first time EVER, we had a tag get ripped off our rolling garment bag. I just used the clear packing tape on the tag, but really taped it well. I later found out they ripped off real easily. Next time, it's back to the laminating and using zip ties OR the plastic tag holders. Live and learn. :cool:

For the first time EVER, we had a tag get ripped off our rolling garment bag. I just used the clear packing tape on the tag, but really taped it well. I later found out they ripped off real easily. Next time, it's back to the laminating and using zip ties OR the plastic tag holders. Live and learn. :cool:

I bought the reusable luggage tag holders after a stapled/packing taped one nearly came off. After spending thousands of dollars on a cruise I can afford about $3 per reusable holder. ;)

Thanks to those who suggested Googling "Cruise Luggage Tag Holders "as I found a Company here in Australia that makes them at a very reasonable price so I have ordered some for our Princess cruise and some for our Celebrity cruise as they take a narrower sheet of paper.

It will save me having to pack the small stapler and everything will be ready to go when we leave home now instead of doing it on the day we board. Just one small thing we don't have to worry about.

Jennie

I cover my tags with packing tape, punch holes in the ends, and attach with cable ties - they are definitely strong enough - in fact, you must have something sharp such as scissors to remove them - I've tried pulling them off and I can't.

One time my luggage was delivered much battered and with my personal name tag ripped off but the Princess paper tag was still hanging in there!