Luggage Tags? PAPER? STAPLED? Really???

muzzy 10

Just FYI, I have a hard time stretching the plastic tie over the handle of my bag and then over the tag holder. Now, I just bring plastic zip ties that are much easier to use.

The company I purchased my tags from sells a longer version of their plastic line for a small extra charge. The longer version works great.

Courtesy of chrysalis

Luggagetagkit.jpg

Now that seems like it would work.....:D:D:D

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

I bought the reusable luggage tag holders after a stapled/packing taped one nearly came off. After spending thousands of dollars on a cruise I can afford about $3 per reusable holder. ;)

Ditto, used them successfully for the Pacific Princess in October, will use in a few days for the Ruby and then again Pacific. Plastic cruise tags are the way to go in my view.

This is our first cruise on Princess, and first time we have not had the self sticking luggage tags mailed to us.

With that said, I am looking forward to taking the advice previously listed. Knowing me, I will "over engineer" this process and will end up with a tag that will be able to withstand an F-5 tornado, however the handle I attach it to will fall off when gently bumped.

I bought the reusable luggage tag holders after a stapled/packing taped one nearly came off. After spending thousands of dollars on a cruise I can afford about $3 per reusable holder. ;)

Yeah, I bought those about 2 yrs. ago but haven't used them yet. Guess I'll have to start from now on. At least they're more flexible than laminating the tags.

All of your Premium cruise lines areusing the paper luggage tags you print. I bought reuseabe luggage tag holder less than $2. reuse for ever.

Celebrity (and I believe RCI) will mail you the sticky pre-printed luggage tags prior to your cruise. I know because I changed my cabin 3 times and had to re-order the tags 2 more times! This was last May, so unless they've changed since then, you can still get the "old" type of tags with SOME cruise lines. ;)

Nahhh... they just saw a money opportunity. Follow the money.

If there is money involved then airlines and cruise lines will find it.

However, I purchased 6 plastic folders & rubber straps from "Favors from Serendipity" and have used them for the past 3 cruises. They are like the ones from CC and about the same price.

It's so stupid, yet so simple. I hate it, but it works! The days of receiving a nice package in the mail with your travel documents and luggage tags are gone.... Unless you travel one of the Luxury Lines.

Hey Grumpy, that's fine till there's a postal strike or they get lost in the mail, this is the 21st century:D, print them out and you got everything at your fingertips.

However, I purchased 6 plastic folders & rubber straps from "Favors from Serendipity" and have used them for the past 3 cruises. They are like the ones from CC and about the same price.

They also have a free PDF file to make an insert the same size as the Princess tags to use for flights. It's a statement in red saying if a bag gets misdirected to remove the tag to view our itinerary. On the other side you print your itinerary, fold & insert them like similar tags sold elsewhere in an effort for bags to get to us instead of possibly being sent home.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I haven't been on a Princess ship in about 4 years...have been instructed to print unreinforced paper tags off the net, and staple them around the handles of our luggage. I usually attach tags AFTER we claim our luggage at the airport(so they aren't damaged in transit). Now we must also bring a stapler with us?Ri-iiiight!

I guess I could get replacements from the porter at the pier,but annoyed by this. Has anyone been able to get tags mailed from Princess? Any other suggestions?

Never had any trouble with them. Other folks have good suggestions if you are really concerned. Don't worry.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Either attach your self printed tags prior to boarding (borrow a stapler from any counter at the airport or hotel as we do) or take about 2 minutes to fill out a tag when you drop your bags off prior to embarkation.

This is what we do. It works just fine.

As part of my precruise ritual i make my own luggage tags

I print them ,cut them glue them on coloured cardboard bought at the dollar store plastify them with large transparent tape ,punch holes ..use long elastics to attach to my suitcases

I only attach them to suitcases when we head to port

It takes a little time but makes the cruise real for me

I do not mind doing it..mine arevery strong

Enjoy

We had one occasion where significant flight delays put us into the airport near the embarkation port about the time the ship was due to sail. Princess was great, and asked us whether we wanted to wait for our luggage or to make the ship's sailing. We chose the ship, and were whisked away as the last passengers to board before sailing.

Only the fact that we had put the Princess luggage tags on our luggage before leaving home saved us a lot of tribulation. They were able to identify the luggage without us being there and a Princess rep drove the luggage in her personal car to the port and passed it into the ship just before the doors slammed shut and the ship was made seaworthy.

We strongly recommend that you put the tags on your luggage before leaving home if you are flying in the day of the cruise (for us, flying the day prior was not an option).

Edited by Times Prince

We had one occasion where significant flight delays put us into the airport near the embarkation port about the time the ship was due to sail. Princess was great, and asked us whether we wanted to wait for our luggage or to make the ship's sailing. We chose the ship, and were whisked away as the last passengers to board before sailing.

Only the fact that we had put the Princess luggage tags on our luggage before leaving home saved us a lot of tribulation. They were able to identify the luggage without us being there and a Princess rep drove the luggage in her personal car to the port and passed it into the ship just before the doors slammed shut and the ship was made seaworthy.

We strongly recommend that you put the tags on your luggage before leaving home if you are flying in the day of the cruise (for us, flying the day prior was not an option).

I am flying and cruising on Saturday. I planned to put the plastic holders on the outside of my two bags, and insert the papers in Fort Lauderdale. After reading your post, I'll do the whole shebang at home.

We recently did this on a non-stop flight from LA to Vancouver but it created a problem for us. Our bags didn't arrive on the carousel & fortunately we found a Princess rep who said with the Princess tags attached they 'should' be sent directly to the ship. She could not confirm it nor could they confirm it on the ship but they arrived at our cabin shortly before sailing.

Like you I'd attach them in the future but decided to share our experience if anyone's bags don't arrive at the baggage claim. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

I am flying and cruising on Saturday. I planned to put the plastic holders on the outside of my two bags, and insert the papers in Fort Lauderdale. After reading your post, I'll do the whole shebang at home.

If you are flying I highly recommend this. We were traveling to Buenos Aires to leave on the Star a couple of years ago as part of a group of eight. We were mostly non rev's traveling standby. Two of the group had to go through Miami and Montevideo and then to BA. Their luggage, however, had other plans. They bought clothes in BA prior to embarkation day because they thought they had nothing but the minimal pieces in their carry on. Mind you this was a 17 day trip with several days on land on either end. We all boarded the ship and guess who's bags were waiting in their cabin? That's right. The last time they had seen them was four days before in Los Angeles.