Diamond Member sailing with someone who's not

mpoole3

Hi All!

So I just booked Enchantment for next week 1/17 sailing. This will be my first cruise as Diamond member, so I'm NEW to the club.

I am bringing someone with me who is not diamond, so my questions is... Can we both go to the diamond lounge and I just pay for her drinks, and enjoy my free drinks?

Not trying to break any rules, but honestly I just didn't know if that was aloud or not?

Also, does anyone know if Desmond (sp?) is on this ship?

I have the same situation as you. I really want to experience the Diamond Lounge on Independence of the Seas now that I just got to Diamond, but my friend is not yet Diamond (he's 8 points shy). I guess I'm going to have to find some balance between spending time in there and spending time with him. Maybe I'll be lucky and they won't mind if I get a glass of wine and take it out of the lounge as we were permitted to do from the Concierge Lounge last year.

Of course, the other solution I'm proposing to him is that he go on a 4-night cruise solo the week before our cruise on Independence of the Seas so he can then be Diamond with me. :)

I have the same situation as you. I really want to experience the Diamond Lounge on Independence of the Seas now that I just got to Diamond, but my friend is not yet Diamond (he's 8 points shy). I guess I'm going to have to find some balance between spending time in there and spending time with him. Maybe I'll be lucky and they won't mind if I get a glass of wine and take it out of the lounge as we were permitted to do from the Concierge Lounge last year.

Of course, the other solution I'm proposing to him is that he go on a 4-night cruise solo the week before our cruise on Independence of the Seas so he can then be Diamond with me. :)

I like the 4 night solo idea! Gotta give you props for thinking outside the box! ha:D

You do mean diamond lounge not concierge lounge or did you stay in a suite.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by FLACRUISER99

I had this same question a few cruises ago. I emailed Royal Caribbean and asked the question. I was told that the policy was that non Diamond members were not allowed but the Concierge may make an exception if there were not too many Diamonds on board.

We were instructed to check with the Concierge once on board. From reading posts about this policy it appears as if sometimes they will accommodate you, other times not.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

You are DIAMOND now! You need to act like a DIAMOND.....On your upcoming cruise speak to a seasoned DIAMOND and get the facts on how you should act now with your illustrious distinction......NEVER no NEVER associate with anyone other than DIAMOND and above......

....Geez, Royal should have a "DIAMOND Coach" to teach people all the education one would need when one graduates into the upper crust society of cruising.......:rolleyes:

We will be Diamond soon as well, from what I am understanding it takes at least a week for your points to show up after you have cruised. Will they recognize the Diamond status between cruises?

Yes they will, but you might have to visit the Loyalty Ambassador (LA) and get them to pur a sticker on your SeaPass card. I would also bring the Seapass card from the cruise that made you Diamond, so you can show the LA.

Edited by clarea

Hi All!

So I just booked Enchantment for next week 1/17 sailing. This will be my first cruise as Diamond member, so I'm NEW to the club.

I am bringing someone with me who is not diamond, so my questions is... Can we both go to the diamond lounge and I just pay for her drinks, and enjoy my free drinks?

Not trying to break any rules, but honestly I just didn't know if that was aloud or not?

only people with Diamond status in their own right are allowed in the lounge. so unless the person you are with is your spouse or linked to your account as a resident of your household, they will not be permitted to enter the DL.

Why do they need to do the 4 night solo? You could do that too (any excuse for another trip!). We just did a cruise with some friends that were diamond and we were only diamond after the end of that trip, and honestly there are another twenty something hours that you can spend time doing breakfast, morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, after dinner etc. I would think an hour or so apart would not be complete desertion.

Edited by kjsmith63

Desmond is on Enchantment and has been in the Diamond lounge off and on schedule wise.

The concierges on Enchantment have been very critical and have NOT been allowing unauthorized folks in the CL and D Club areas during the happy hours.

Edited by Scotty G
clarify

You are DIAMOND now! You need to act like a DIAMOND.....On your upcoming cruise speak to a seasoned DIAMOND and get the facts on how you should act now with your illustrious distinction......NEVER no NEVER associate with anyone other than DIAMOND and above......

....Geez, Royal should have a "DIAMOND Coach" to teach people all the education one would need when one graduates into the upper crust society of cruising.......:rolleyes:

Hahaha, we were so lucky that our friends associated with us even though we were not diamond yet, but they knew we were trying very hard to get there, and I am sure it will be a big relief that now they can be safely seen with us! hahaha - Oh hell - they are now diamond plus, can they still speak to us??? :eek: Gotta find out more about the diamond coach program!

Thanks Joe! Somebody had to speak up. Enough of this fraternizing! I knew you'd keep'em in line. ;) :D

Why do they need to do the 4 night solo? You could do that too (any excuse for another trip!). We just did a cruise with some friends that were diamond and we were only diamond after the end of that trip, and honestly there are another twenty something hours that you can spend time doing breakfast, morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, after dinner etc. I would think an hour or so apart would not be complete desertion.

If you do it solo you will get double points! and his friend is 8 points away from being Diamond.(4 nights times 2 = 8)

Edited by Topo Gigio

When we were on the Enchantment in November there was an overflow into the Viking Crown lounge. I am not sure but perhaps your friend can sit with you there and he/she can pay for her drinks while you still get the complimentary cocktails.

Hi All!

When my friend's travel companion was not allowed, I think he only had 2 cruises, my friend simply wrote a letter to the captain and to the loyalty ambassador saying DYKWIA, and RCI not only granted the companion access on that cruise, but granted the newbie the same status on the next cruise. Even handed out the appropriate loyalty pin to both.

I have been D+ for 6 years now.......over the years I have brought several non=diamonds into the lounge. Never an issue never told no.

It's just the OP and his female friend.... nobody is going to say a word to him....Well nobody but these here CC folk.

This is great to hear! I'm sure if I tip desmand well and pay for her drinks I wont have a problem.

I'm 4 points fro diamond and i'm going on a 7 night cruise in February. Will I be able to start using the diamond lounge after the 4th night?

No. Your points will be credited to your C&A account after you complete your cruise (hopefully no more than a few weeks' time). I know it may seem unfair because you do turn Diamond mid-cruise, but turning Diamond is a big deal because of the free drinks perk. They just don't allow it. For what it's worth, we tried onboard and they said nope.