Bucket List Cruises

Carpe_Diem

World cruise, maybe as a retirement celebration one day :)

For next big b'day I'm hoping to do the fire and ice TA.

Had to put NZ back on as due to weather we never got to cruise the Fjords.

When it comes to travel/cruising my bucket will never run out ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Oy, excuse the auto correct ;)

Hubby and I were talking about bucket list cruises the other day. His is Australia and mine is the Orient. Just curious as to what other people have in their bucket list.

Ours is Alaska...which we are doing 9/14/2014....want to scratch it off and move on to the next item on the list.

We're starting to check off places on out bucket list. Next week we fly to Oahu for 5 nights, then board the Ocean Princess for a cruise around the islands and onto French Polynesia.

I have the cruise books for Australia and New Zealand, just have to decide on dates.

DH would loved to return to Seychelles where his family resided while he attended school in Kenya.

Maybe China and Japan.

Darcy

Fun thread. Thanks for starting.

I would love to do a world cruise as others have said - all the way around.

I want to see the Norwegian fjords.

I am booked on Singapore-capetown because I have always wanted to see Phuket and the Seychelles. While in that neck of the woods, I want to see Victoria Falls.

Finally, Alaska again and again. I can't get enough of that great adventure.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ours is rounding Cape Horn. We will be doing it on the Golden Princess in March.

I have been able to fill most of my wife's buckets,including Iguassu Falls, 2 Tahiti cruises, and our wedding on Santorini.

Edited by Talisker92

Only thing left on mine is to transit the Kiel Kanal. But I would love to go up the Amazon again, maybe R/T from FLL instead of flying to Buenos Aires. I had intended to take my sister to Alaska next year, but prices were so good last summer we did it then. Good thing, as I have sort of fallen into building a house, so cruising is off the table for awhile. EM

I can not decide if I have a big bucket or a many buckets. If you can travel there, its there. However, some places or activities are higher than others and yet the list order is not really fixed solid either.

New York

Greenland and Iceland and Norwegian fjords

Anarctica

Galapagos Islands

All around Great Britain

Danube and Rhine

One cruise, 20 Greek Islands

Transit

Panama Canal

Suez Canal

Bosphorus Strait

Strait of Corinth (small ship that one.)

Great Lakes

Thai Buddhist Temples buried in jungle

Tokyo

Great Wall of China

Great Barrier Reef of Australia

Outback of Australia

(enough for now.)

This may seem off-topic, but work with me here!

I have lots of bucket list cruise itineraries, and DW and I are working through them nicely now that I'm retired.

But there are 2 non-cruise bucket list items: own a Jaguar, and have a car with a V8 engine (before the govt bans them). So when I replace my car next spring, I'm thinking of a CPO 2011 Jaguar XF (V8, natch). The only problem is, it will be broken all the time! So that's my bucket list/ulcer list combo. :D:D:D

I wish Princess would bring back the circle the Pacific cruise they used to do. 75 days from Sydney, up the coast of Asia, across to North America and down to South America and back to Sydney. Ahh, that would be perfect.

quote.gif

That sounds WONDERFUL! It would take care of my wish to cruise to Asia; Australia & transPacific!

Meanwhile: The Baltics; around Cape Horn; another transAtlantic (& not miss Iceland & Belfast!).

Next: RT San Francisco to Hawaii in 2015.

I don't know enough about cruising to know about a bucket list of cruises as I am only going on my first cruise this summer. Even if I realize I am not a huge fan of cruising I know I have one cruise that I WILL be doing for sure. It is a 21- 22 day cruise (depending on which one I pick) to FALKLANDS, SOUTH GEORGIA & ANTARCTIC ISLANDS...I am aiming for 2016 as a twin shared for just one person is $15,000 to $20,000 USD plus flight. SO I will have to start saving upon my return from my month in Europe this summer.

Edited by cdnphotogirl

I don't know enough about cruising to know about a bucket list of cruises as I am only going on my first cruise this summer. Even if I realize I am not a huge fan of cruising I know I have one cruise that I WILL be doing for sure. It is a 21- 22 day cruise (depending on which one I pick) to FALKLANDS, SOUTH GEORGIA & ANTARCTIC ISLANDS...I am aiming for 2016 as a twin shared for just one person is $15,000 to $20,000 USD plus flight. SO I will have to start saving upon my return from my month in Europe this summer.

Our Antarctica trip last year has been our highlight. We did do Falklands, Drakes Passage, around Cape Horn in that same trip. Worth every dime!!