Whopper of Misinformation

geoherb

Thanks, Jennie, for restating the facts. I knew better, but our friend who has not sailed on Princess did not and relied on what the Princess rep told her. It's too bad that they're not trained better. Instead of saying they'll check on the answer, they just make one up.

It was a nice gesture from our friend. She was disappointed that it did not turn out the way she envisioned. But we enjoyed it and could see purchasing it for ourselves on another cruise even when we don't have a balcony.

Eating the smoked salmon, the fruit, and the quiche right after the UBB is delivered and saving the pastries for later and the champagne for the evening would keep it from seeming like there was so much food. Unfortunately, Sam got into his share of the pastries. I made sure he saved me my share for later.

I just talked to my friend who purchased several treats through Princess for our Ruby cruises last month. One of them was the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast. She knew we had an ocean view cabin, and asked about whether she should get the breakfast for us. The Princess rep told her that they'd find a private balcony for us to use when we ordered the breakfast. Our friend had pictured us being led down the hallway in our bathrobes to a great breakfast set up on a private balcony.

Of course that did not happen. Room service brought everything to our ocean view cabin. I thought it was amusing that the Princess rep would even dream up that scenario.

Wow ! Now I've heard everything !!!:rolleyes:

I have read on CC about Princess doing UBD on a public terrace for pax in insides. Perhaps the agent confused that with the UBB. I have seen the small deck areas at the aftmost part of Decks 15 & 16 roped off for a "Private Function" although I didn't wait to see what the function was.

We are having our 50th Anniversary when on the Ocean Princess in March. I was thinking after reading the above posts of ordering the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast for us on the day of our Anniversary.

Jennie

Congratulations on your upcoming 50th Anniversary Cruise! No matter where you chose to celebrate the big occasion, you will remember it always. I am speaking from experience, as my DW and I celebrated our 50th last year onboard the Star Princess. Whether you do the UBB or go to dinner at Sabatini's or Crown Grill you will be treated so very special. We chose the Anniversary Package and went to Sabatini's for the occasion.

Again, Congratulations and many more!

Oh, my, my DW and i were also on the ruby last month and our steward ask if another couple could use our balcony for breakfast. As we did not want to clean up our gear and clothes we said no. He said he would ask his other cabins of they would. I hope we did not spoil your breakfast.

Oh, my, my DW and i were also on the ruby last month and our steward ask if another couple could use our balcony for breakfast. As we did not want to clean up our gear and clothes we said no. He said he would ask his other cabins of they would. I hope we did not spoil your breakfast.

Are you friggin kidding me! Why would anyone left someone else use their balcony?! If you want one, pay for it like the rest of us did. I would be down at the purser's desk complaining loudly over this. I didn't complain when my toilet over flowed (well except to get it fixed) or any of the multiple things that can and do happen but to ask someone to give up the privacy of their cabin so someone else can use it for their breakfast. Unbelievable.

Are you friggin kidding me! Why would anyone left someone else use their balcony?! If you want one, pay for it like the rest of us did. I would be down at the purser's desk complaining loudly over this. I didn't complain when my toilet over flowed (well except to get it fixed) or any of the multiple things that can and do happen but to ask someone to give up the privacy of their cabin so someone else can use it for their breakfast. Unbelievable.

Don't lose your balance while your leg is being pulled!:D

Wow. That is pretty mind boggling to me. I can't imagine having strangers come through my room and use my balcony. All of my stuff is in the room. Who is going to be responsible for items that go missing? What a totally weird thing to request.

That better be a joke?!? Pay for your own balcony people!

Oh, my, my DW and i were also on the ruby last month and our steward ask if another couple could use our balcony for breakfast. As we did not want to clean up our gear and clothes we said no. He said he would ask his other cabins if they would. I hope we did not spoil your breakfast.
Thanks for the laugh!

Congratulations on your upcoming 50th Anniversary Cruise! No matter where you chose to celebrate the big occasion, you will remember it always. I am speaking from experience, as my DW and I celebrated our 50th last year onboard the Star Princess. Whether you do the UBB or go to dinner at Sabatini's or Crown Grill you will be treated so very special. We chose the Anniversary Package and went to Sabatini's for the occasion.

Again, Congratulations and many more!

Thanks RetiredNTraveling. We would like to do the UBB in the morning as we are taking two couples on board to whichever restaurant will be open in the evening for our celebration. We are on the Ocean Princess so it will either be Sabatini's or the Steak House, as they alternate each night.

We will also be celebrating with friends from home in Singapore when we disembark two days later so it will be an extended anniversary and as it only comes round once we must make the most of it! Where have all those years gone, it only seems like yesterday that we were making those vows. It has been a wonderful life. :)

Jennie

Don't lose your balance while your leg is being pulled!:D

I have been in a hotel that was oversold and they asked people who were there for a convention if they would be willing to share their hotel room with another convention goer.

(Honest. Both feet can stay on the ground.)

Never, ever heard of this:confused:.....would of called the the Hotel Manager and inquired if this is something new and if it was what compensation would be given for someone else to use our balcony:D:D:D FYI....no compensation would be enough but it would be fun to see the outcome;)

Never, ever heard of this:confused:.....would of called the the Hotel Manager and inquired if this is something new and if it was what compensation would be given for someone else to use our balcony:D:D:D FYI....no compensation would be enough but it would be fun to see the outcome;)

Agree, we would have been more than happy to have someone over for breakfast had we not had to clean up.