Packing Miniatures?

luvtrips

I solved my own problem and it's not against RC policy! Try again sir

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you are unable to ask the bartender to make the drink the way you want it, then yes, you can say you solved your own problem by having to mix it yourself with an extra coke. Oh, and I am not a sir.:rolleyes:

If you are unable to ask the bartender to make the drink the way you want it, then yes, you can say you solved your own problem by having to mix it yourself with an extra coke. Oh, and I am not a sir.:rolleyes:

Lol with the premium package and freestyle coke access I'll be more than fine ma'am

OK, but alcohol issue aside, would you consider someone lazy to ask the steward to provide glasses and ice?

On HAL ships, every cabin has a tray with filled ice bucket and two glasses on the counter when you arrive in your cabin. The steward automatically refills the ice twice a day and if you require more ice, ask for it. :)

I would assume most people don't just ask for wine glasses and ice for their room unless they are using it for their illegal alcohol.

Well, you know what happens when you assume. There are cruise lines that you are allowed to bring on wine. There are also cruise lines that allow you to bring an unfinished bottle of wine from dinner back to your cabin. There are even cruise lines that have alcohol in the mini bar in the cabin.

Asking for wine glasses and ice from the cabin steward is not lazy.

Well, you know what happens when you assume. There are cruise lines that you are allowed to bring on wine. There are also cruise lines that allow you to bring an unfinished bottle of wine from dinner back to your cabin. There are even cruise lines that have alcohol in the mini bar in the cabin.

There are also cruise lines that will sell you a bottle of liquor so that you may make your own drinks in your room.

We had 20 minitures/pocket shots make it through at POM. We just scattered them through-out the checked suitcase. All 20 made it through. Scatter them and make sure some end up down by the wheels, if it's a rolling suitcase. Roll some in tee-shirts and the others mixed in with toiltry items.

Good luck.

I would assume most people don't just ask for wine glasses and ice for their room unless they are using it for their illegal alcohol.

I think it was cocktail glasses, not wine glasses. There is nothing sinister, nor lazy, about someone asking the steward for glasses and ice. That is one of their basic duties, and has been said, cruise lines do it automatically anyway.

Just pointing this out because people, especially new cruisers, look to this forum for information. We shouldn't be giving people the impression that they're "lazy" if they ask their steward for glasses and ice.

Yes. ^^ That.

There are also cruise lines that will sell you a bottle of liquor so that you may make your own drinks in your room.

This is also accurate. :)

Princess allows one bootle of wine per person to be brought on the ship. You can bring more but will incur an extra charge.

We like to drink wine at sunset on the balcony.

That said, the room steward always gives us clean wine glasses everyday as well as fresh ice daily. Why? because it is there job to accomodate us with this request which we politely ask for at the beginning of the cruise.

Nothing lazy about that.

Well with RCI that assumption would be incorrect. With their policy of allowing two bottles of wine per stateroom to be brought on board, asking for ice to be in the room each day along with wine glasses is not only appropriate, it is expected. In fact the stateroom attendants in our experience asked us if we wanted that when they see the bottles of wine. They will also provide an opener if needed.