Do you dress and/or act

arhillbilly

the same way on a cruise as you would at home? champagne123's poll got me wondering.

I will be the first one to say I don't. I am a lot more "carefree" on a cruise than I am at home. I drink a lot more on a cruise and basically I am a different person. I dress in short dresses or much more revealing dresses. However, the saying that "you will never see those people again" isn't true at all. I was on a TA that left New Orleans going to Barcelona in April 2012 and met a lot of people. In Oct 2012, I had flown to Barcelona and while waiting to board the ship a woman comes running up to me screaming Kathy, Kathy. I turned around and there was a lady & her husband whom I had met in April. On that cruise was actually 12 people from the April cruise....It didn't change the way I dressed or acted.....

Not too much. The one thing I can say I'm different with is wearing a swim suit. At home, I will not go around anyone I know without shorts on, I'm very self conscious. On cruises, I will actually lay out/go in the water with just my swimsuit. For anything else, I still cover up.

Her poll also had me thinking, I do care what people think. But I've accepted there are certain things about my body that I cannot change and have decided to not let that stop me.

This was brought on by a comment in the other thread saying if you have cellulite, you should be covered up. I am pretty fit but I still have cellulite. I don't want people staring/talking about me because of it. I do care what people think but not to the point that it will stop me. I don't mind seeing it on others, I don't think it is horrible (except my own but I think we all see our flaws worse than others do) nor do I think people should be forced to go around wearing shorts in the pool because of it.

I am my crazy self on or off a ship. My clothes are the same and my behavior is the same. The only thing that is different is that I am more relaxed on vacation than I am in my daily life. If you read my live review, that will give you a great perspective of who I am...a happy gal that loves life.

Lisa

I don't think I completely change. But I do things that I wouldn't do at home because I'm more relaxed. I drink more, but still not to excess because I don't enjoy the consequences. I guess I'm just a more carefree version of me.

This was brought on by a comment in the other thread saying if you have cellulite, you should be covered up......................

My then one week old DD had cellulite.:rolleyes:

I'm myself, with a few more drinks.

I definitely drink more on a cruise than I do at home and I dress up

more on a cruise than I do at home. There are weeks that go by

at home that I never partake and as for dressing up? I have no reason

to.......work is casual. I mean I look neat and clean but I wear always

wear pants to work. Cruises? I usually bring quite a few skirts and

dresses.;)

I am my crazy self on or off a ship. My clothes are the same and my behavior is the same. The only thing that is different is that I am more relaxed on vacation than I am in my daily life. If you read my live review, that will give you a great perspective of who I am...a happy gal that loves life.

Lisa

I'd love to cruise with you sometime! :D

I agree with Lois on my behavior and clothing selection.

I think I dress basically the same. As far as how I act, I am much more GO GO GO on a cruise, whereas I am more laid back and relaxed at home. On a cruise, I'm to bed late, up early, and rarely want to be in my cabin "relaxing". There's too much to see and do and so little time!

I think I dress basically the same. As far as how I act, I am much more GO GO GO on a cruise, whereas I am more laid back and relaxed at home. On a cruise, I'm to bed late, up early, and rarely want to be in my cabin "relaxing". There's too much to see and do and so little time!

Ironic how we all love to cruise but how different things are for us;)

I don't care at all about being on the go when I am cruising....I mean,

if there is an activity or event that sounds fun to me I will attend it

but I could be happy laying on a chair with a book and drink and not

doing anything at all. "GO GO GO" is never in my cruise plan. I should

say on a Caribbean cruise it is relaxing:) but if, for example it is an

Alaskan cruise or a cruise to the MED? Then, yes, it is ALOT of

sightseeing:)

Edited by Lois R

Not sure what I would do to act differently so no, I don't act differently. The only thing is I may have a drink at dinner which I never do at home. Oh wait, there was the cruise that I had the drink of the day everyday because I like the glasses and wanted a set. Proceeded to forget in them the cabin.:o:D

I don't dress differently either because all my clothes can be worn at home as well on a cruise. My formal wear is worn at formal affairs at home so I really don't have clothes that are cruise only.

I act the same (I'm not one to "wear masks"). The one thing I may do a tad different is wear more dresses to dinner since DH and I rarely frequent swanky restaurants. And I enjoy dressing for dinner aboard ship! I just wish more ladies would, too, in the formal dining areas!

I am who I am on a cruise or at home. I don't use a vacation to drink more, get any more or less dressed up or down, eat any differently, etc. The biggest difference is that sometimes I take an afternoon nap on a cruise, something I rarely do at home.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

I don't do anything differently. No special cruise clothes - my everyday wardrobe is it. I will tailor what I bring to wear on any trip based on where I'm going, though. I'm not a dress person, so I don't worry about any of those, other than my trusty little black travelers dress that I bought years ago and is basic and classic enough that it still serves me well if I have to put on a dress for a nicer restaurant. No strappy sandals, no heels, no formals - no need for them at home, so I won't spend money on them.

The only time I bought something absolutely specific for a vacation was a safari. We were advised to bring all neutral, natural colors to avoid standing out when we went into the wilds. All of my Ex-Officio shirts were colored (blue, coral, green), so I had to buy 2 beige shirts…

Edited by slidergirl

I drink way more champagne whilst on a cruise!

I actually don't drink much at all on land anymore, maybe only when we go out to dinner but that is only maybe 50% of the time with friends as I don't like to drink on a school night, I also rarely drink at home.

Cruising I probably dress more formally than I would if going anywhere "local" to eat here, apart from Dr Phillips where the much nicer restaurants are in Orlando. Also, I would long gown if going to somewhere like Victoria and Albert's in the Grand Floridian.

I wear scrubs or a uniform of black clothing so sometimes I like to wear something with more color on holiday.

So I guess I don't act that differently, I like to dress up, live well and strut around:D:D:D:D

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Looks like most of us drink more on a cruise than at home. I rarely drink at home. As far as dressing differently, I don't have any occasions to dress up at home, so I really enjoy doing so on a cruise. As far as the way I act, I am just more carefree and relaxed on a cruise just as some of yall are.....some cruises I tend to stay up a lot later and "party" where as at home, I'm sometimes in the bed by 9...LOL

Yes, I do take advantage of not having to drive home to enjoy (or try to enjoy) a little more alcohol, but ultimately I don't like to drink a lot - I'd rather eat the calories than drink them, LOL. On my last cruise, I tried a different cocktail every night - some I liked, some I didn't - but it was a chance to try some new things.

I don't drink much during the week, and not much on weekends, I early ever go to bars or clubs, and only occasionally go to concerts, theater, or other entertainment venues. I spend a lot of time at work. preparing for work, or being too tired from work to do anything. On cruises, I don't think about work at all, so I relax a lit more, have a few drinks each day, and go to shows most nights. On cruises, the same as I do on those rare occasions at home that I

really get to relax.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by simplelife

I dress totally different on a cruise.

My normal days are spent alone, by and large. I take DS to school and I go home and take care of business at home. Sometimes I run errands...and I teach fitness classes 3 days a week. My normal wardrobe is pjs (I'm still adjusting to having more winter than we did in Houston) or pj like clothing (i.e. fleece leggings that I would not wear in public). If I change out of pjs, I change into fitness clothing.

So my wardrobe has many yoga pants, compression leggings, and more Zumba cargo pants than I care to count. And numerous tanks for fitness. And hoodies. I consider these clothing choices to be most appropriate for my day's activities...which is full of housework, etc. I prefer to wear clothing that is geared toward sweaty and messy activities...rather than something nicer than could get ruined with housework, etc.

I own one pair of jeans. And that easily covers my needs for as often as I wear them. I have one other pair of pants that are non-fitness...funny enough...they are technical fabric pants intended for outdoor sport (hiking, etc.) These two pairs of pants meet my needs for wearing "normal" clothing. In general, I have a very limited wardrobe for typical day clothes.

When I cruise...I am in the presence of people in a way that I rarely am at home. I don't consider pj's to be clothing to be worn in public...so I actually dress into "day clothes" first thing when I'm on any vacation, including cruises...generally...I'm dressed much nicer on vacation.