Silly Question-Bathrobes

dubldeck

I am booked for a June sailing on the Allure, and went with an ocean view balcony. This will be the first time I have cruised with a balcony room. Are bathrobes included in the room? I really want to be able to enjoy the mornings eating breakfast and enjoying the ocean view in a bathrobe.

I am booked for a June sailing on the Allure, and went with an ocean view balcony. This will be the first time I have cruised with a balcony room. Are bathrobes included in the room? I really want to be able to enjoy the mornings eating breakfast and enjoying the ocean view in a bathrobe.

Unless you are platinum or above or book a suite, there wont be a robe.

Ask your cabin attendant. :)

I am only Gold but on Freedom, I asked my cabin attendant and he immediately was able to come up with one for my mom. We were only in a PR cabin.

Edited by ryano

NO, not ordinarily. You can buy one on the RCI site under Gifts and Gear.

I just wear a T shirt and shorts. Enjoy :)

Robes aren't just for you balcony! The robes are welcome anywhere on the ship. Enjoy :D

In my experience, the suite robes are nicer than the C&A robes.

I agree with the PP - you can ask you stateroom attendant - they will usually bring one if there are any remaining.

I will admit to using mine as a bathing suit cover-up to go between the pool and the room a few times when it was cool at night

Edited by vavasmom

Oh no they're not.

OP, we find the terry robes too warm. Especially in the Carribean. We bring our own lightweight robes.

I guess it's a matter of taste. Come join me for breakfast in a few days on the Allure. Look for me in the WJ at 7:30, I'll be one of the cruisers in a robe:D

Edited by dz9yvr

In a pinch (if you're a woman), your swimsuit coverup will double as a robe. I bring a short, lightweight one, too....even in suites, sometimes there are not robes. I don't bother asking for them, as they are big and bulky and hot....(hot flashes, so it might just be me!)

Oh no they're not.

OP, we find the terry robes too warm. Especially in the Carribean. We bring our own lightweight robes.

When we sailed the Freedom we had the long sleeve robes in our suite.

When we sailed the Allure we had the short sleeve robes.

Short sleeves were comfy and much cooler.

Sea Ya

On our TA last year there were lots of people around the solarium pool and some around the main pool with their robes.

We were gold at the time and assumed that is what they were meant for.

I can understand using them on a balcony but if you are in an ocean view, promenade or inside what is the point of them?

On our TA last year there were lots of people around the solarium pool and some around the main pool with their robes.

We were gold at the time and assumed that is what they were meant for.

I can understand using them on a balcony but if you are in an ocean view, promenade or inside what is the point of them?

Your promenade might have the drapes open.:eek:;)

Edited by clarea

I find you have to ask for the robes the past few years even if your status entitles you to one. It's been years since they were just put into the cabin for us. I can understand if flying that using the ship robe reduces weight in the suitcase for other necessary items. As I usually drive to the ship that is not a concern to me and I prefer to bring my own lighter weight & longer robe.

Yes I have seen them around the pool rather infrequently -but never elsewhere such as WJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope. it's very relaxing to walk around the ship in your robe. Remember your on vacation. Breakfast in your robe is great anywhere on the ship.

BWAAAHAAHAA!!! Surely, you jest! :D

I'm laughing because, while I might not find it particularly bothersome, I can only imagine the CC cruise attire police having a coronary if they see you! LOL

I'm surprised there hasn't been a comment on wearing their robe to the MDR. :D

That gave me an idea to roll into the MDR prank thread. Show up to Formal Night dinner in full formal attire, but walk in with the robe closed over it, walk to your table, and then remove it as if it were an overcoat. To pull this off, one must master their deadpan poker face until her or she sits down.