So many elites, I pretended to be blue

Sitmar Lady

I used to. Don't any more. Too many people slammed me for "bragging" so it wasn't worth the nasty comments. I thought I was just keeping track for myself and anyone who had a question. :(

People that actually had the audacity to accuse you, of all people, of bragging were simply jealous. It's such an ugly emotion. :D

Its your vacation and enjoy! We did and that's why we are going to cruise again. Side note: I told my husband that after our last cruise that I would give up going to our annual Laughlin or Las Vegas trip as long as I could go on a cruise in its replacement. ;) Yeehaa!

Interesting comment as we just returned from taking our granddaughter who just turned 21 to Las Vegas as a birthday gift!

Also, I believe that those of us who still respect the rights of others are going the way of the dinosaurs! I almost fee foolish when I remove my hat when I get on an elevator or when talking to a lady! I still hold the doors for ladies but get tired of holding for everyone else that rushes up to take advantage of my being courteous to women. But that is the way I was raised!! I also enjoy watching people and I am never bored or surprised at what I see. (Grew up in a small town and went down to main street on Saturday nights to watch people.) :D

As for card colors, well, I could care less. We book suites because my wife deserves to be pampered and I enjoy doing what I can to please her. ;) We will probably never make "elite" but who cares. I just pay for the suites and will continue to on future cruises. We enjoy the suite perks! So it doesn't matter my card color, now does it?

Oh, by the way I have a collection of "Priority Boarding Tender Passes" from past cruises that we have never used! (Anyone want to buy some? OOPs sorry most of them state for which tender they are for.. Sorry!) :rolleyes:

We go on cruises our intent is to "Relax and Enjoy"!

As for listing cruises in the signature, well we have just got started cruising but if it bothers anyone, "then don't look."

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

No Regal for us this year. We're doing 25 days on the Emerald including the TA; 10/14 to 11/8. Upcoming cruises are in sig line.

You sure are a busy little bee! :) And I know that you will enjoy each and every one of those cruises and destinations. You have a wonderful attitude about cruising. I couldn't resist the opportunity to see what differences I'll see on the Regal (vs Royal). I personally really enjoyed the Royal and had no complaints about the ship at all!

Because you have such amazing journeys planned, I'd love to see what you've done in the past

Other than Machu Picchu which we've never wanted to do, and flying up to the Taj Mahal during our two visits to India, we've just about done almost everything at least once. Also never surfaced in Antarctica because of the extreme cold. Our trip in May which will take us to West Africa will also be mostly new.

[attach]305776[/attach]

The only upgrade we've gotten so far was since we've decided to arrive the day before embarkation. The first time we did that, our hotel for the night upgraded us from a regular room to a suite, almost enough to make us wish we were staying there for the duration. :rolleyes:

To be fair to Princess, we like our pre-picked mini-suite with a covered balcony and don't want to chance loosing that for a Princess perceived upgrade. Now, if we could convince them that we will take a suite, any suite that would be OK.

To be fair to Princess, we like our pre-picked mini-suite with a covered balcony and don't want to chance loosing that for a Princess perceived upgrade. Now, if we could convince them that we will take a suite, any suite that would be OK.

One option now is to "upgrade only to next cabin type" often referred to in these forums as a "meta" upgrade.

If you request this on your booking, the only possibility for an upgrade from your mini-suite should be to a full suite.

Edited by caribill

One option now is to "upgrade only to next cabin type" often referred to in these forums as a "meta" upgrade.

If you request this on your booking, the only possibility for an upgrade from your mini-suite should be to a full suite.

Is that the wording to use? We work with a specific Princess cruise consultant that has always been very attentive, patient with our questions, willing to check details of specific cabins, etc. When we tried to request only this type of upgrade, he didn't get it, insisting the only choice was accept an upgrade or not. And upgrade could mean a mini-suite in a, in their view, more desirable location.

Is that the wording to use? We work with a specific Princess cruise consultant that has always been very attentive, patient with our questions, willing to check details of specific cabins, etc. When we tried to request only this type of upgrade, he didn't get it, insisting the only choice was accept an upgrade or not. And upgrade could mean a mini-suite in a, in their view, more desirable location.

He needs to learn the correct terminology.

Yes its called a meta upgrade only to the next cat type. IE balcony-mini, mini to a suite etc.

I have cruised *cough* times and have never, ever, had anyone press me as to how many cruises I've taken. I've had people ask if I've sailed on Princess before but nobody's ever demanded to know precisely how many times. And, given the confusion of my having to keep track of two numbers (the actual number of sailings and the number of cruise credits), there's a very good chance that after about one more cruise, I simply won't be able to remember.

I will cop to looking at people's chests, though. It's always fun for me to see who's new and who's a lucky black-carder. To all you whose frontage I've stared at, I apologize. 'Twas just idle curiosity; it wasn't meant to be judgmental or snarky! (And for the record, I am not Pia's head-twister -- even if I could read that small print, I had no idea that one's "number" [hmm, I know that concept in a different context entirely] was printed on the card.)

One of our first cruises as a blue card holder we were in the future cruise office and right across the small hall was the Circle lady. There was a black card holder reading the riot act to the poor Circle lady who had to sit there and listen to this spoiled brat throw a tantrum. I felt sorry for her.

That is the only time I have witnessed an elite meltdown luckily. Last cruise there were around 900 platnum/elite onboard. Over half of the pax were first time Princess cruisers. A lot of it has to do with the length of the cruise, time of year and itinerary.

I guess we've been lucky and have never seen bad behavior based on the use of a black card (or any other color). I'm what most people would refer to as a seasoned traveler. I'm like a few others that mentioned that the card around the neck is easy to use and not lose. I never notice what side is facing out. The perks are nice but we travel on other lines without perks and it makes no difference to us. We always have fun. We have met many more pleasant people than the other kind. Lucky, I guess.
I also haven't run across such rude people as those described. Maybe we're to busy minding our own business and enjoying our cruise to judge other people.

Still curious to see what the new Elite card looks like. I would have thought someone would have posted a photo of one by now. In 3 weeks we will see for ourselves if the Royal is running the new card.

Still curious to see what the new Elite card looks like. I would have thought someone would have posted a photo of one by now. In 3 weeks we will see for ourselves if the Royal is running the new card.

It looks exactly like the old one but the map is a lighter gray.

The stripe across the top is the old dark gray but the card itself is a color between the old Platinum and the old Elite with the countries on the map a little more differentiated.

(I'm a pack rat and have a pile of our old cards.)

(oh - and we got our latest one on the Royal a couple of weeks ago. I never even noticed the color had changed until someone on here pointed it out.)

Edited by chamima

This thread is getting nuts! New cruisers are actually nervous about trying Princess because of the comments! I know that status snobs do exist, and I've encountered maybe 1 or 2 out of all of my cruises but as some others have said, 99% are fabulous and kind and just enjoying the cruising experience! Don't worry newbies; you're going to have a fantastic time!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have booked our first RCCL Cruise and after reading there boards I was telling hubby that I doubt anyone will talk to us on board being the newbies. They seem much more status orientated. Oh well we will enjoy the ship and TA which is why we booked it ;)

There were lots of rude people on the Royal Princess TA, not sure if it was elite's or just rude people :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Oy, excuse the auto correct ;)