Changes to the Next Cruise Program

Erika, I walked off my December cruise Diamond plus but it wasn't official until the December sailing posted. After it posted, I called and for all four cruises booked I was given the higher C and A balcony discount. Our Cruise next week was already paid off so it was refunded to my card. The other three the new higher rate was added to them.

Second question, yes you can get both Diamond balcony discount and onboard credit for booking onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Emerald and I have 5 cruises booked. I called C & A today after I saw the $250 balcony discount for Emerald. I was told that there is a website error, that's in the process of getting corrected. Sounded like the discount is still $125. After my next cruise I'll be Diamond, and was told when I booked my 4 other cruises to call back when I became Diamond and the balcony discount would be changed to reflect my new status. Today I was told that is no longer the case, if I update my reservation to reflect the new balcony discount, the price would also change to reflect the current price. :eek::confused::eek:

I'm Emerald and I have 5 cruises booked. I called C & A today after I saw the $250 balcony discount for Emerald. I was told that there is a website error, that's in the process of getting corrected. Sounded like the discount is still $125. After my next cruise I'll be Diamond, and was told when I booked my 4 other cruises to call back when I became Diamond and the balcony discount would be changed to reflect my new status. Today I was told that is no longer the case, if I update my reservation to reflect the new balcony discount, the price would also change to reflect the current price. :eek::confused::eek:

:eek:

Well that stinks. Still, I wouldn't worry about it too much. yet. I'm not sure anybody in customer service really has a clue what's going on at the moment. Wait to see how everything shakes out, and the actual experiences people have in another month or two.

:eek:

Well that stinks. Still, I wouldn't worry about it too much. yet. I'm not sure anybody in customer service really has a clue what's going on at the moment. Wait to see how everything shakes out, and the actual experiences people have in another month or two.

I would agree that they don't seem to know what is going on as I asked the exact same question when I booked a couple of cruises and was specifically told that they would apply the new discount without the cruises being repriced.

Unfortunately still back to the of you don't like the answer call again and you will get a different one.

just checked my open nc purchased this past january.. the fine print says the onboard credit value of 25 to 200 is based on length of sailing....it is in very tiny print:(

just checked my open nc purchased this past january.. the fine print says the onboard credit value of 25 to 200 is based on length of sailing....it is in very tiny print:(

Those are the good ones.

3-5 nights $25

6-9 nights $100

10-14 nights $150

15+ nights $200

Those are the good ones.

3-5 nights $25

6-9 nights $100

10-14 nights $150

15+ nights $200

well, that's good!....and I guess I just made it on my booked cruise with the friends and family cert.. they are all getting 100 sbc...these were the F&F certificates they would give you with your NC cert...I mailed them into RCI directly and checked and they have been applied to the other bookings.. don't know if they are giving those out anymore with the NC..

Edited by Host Star

I mailed them into RCI directly and checked and they have been applied to the other bookings.. don't know if they are giving those out anymore with the NC..

No, they're not giving the friends & family certificates out anymore. Not after mid March of last year.

I still have one left, and hopefully we may be able to use it this fall with our close friends. :)

well, that's good!....and I guess I just made it on my booked cruise with the friends and family cert.. they are all getting 100 sbc...these were the F&F certificates they would give you with your NC cert...I mailed them into RCI directly and checked and they have been applied to the other bookings.. don't know if they are giving those out anymore with the NC..

The F&F Certificates are no long given out. Now when you create an Open Booking on board you can transfer to family & friends and they can book any cruise they want.

No, they're not giving the friends & family certificates out anymore. Not after mid March of last year.

I still have one left, and hopefully we may be able to use it this fall with our close friends. :)

It's time to be aware that RCCL has lowered the benefit of the future cruise credits as of March 14th. This is no way to reward those of us who are loyal to Royal. From now on, or until enough of us complain, the future cruise bookings will be worth half those purchased before March 14th. That is the end of my future bookings of these credits. This came from the highest sources at RCCL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks Ellen.

I like that the suite is now given more OBC, and I hope that "suite" means JS or better.

I also noticed that there's no more OBC for 3/4 day cruises.

It would be great if the new amounts are retroactive to cruises already got booked.

What I read is the same $350 cabin discount for Diamond plus and Pinnacle, plus $150 OBC which totals the same $500 combined discount as before. That hasn't changed, in my opinion. What has changed are the future cruise credits. I don't know why this company is putting greed in front of loyalty but it's always the bottom line that gets looked at.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by michael821

We signed up for a next cruise on our last rccl cruise, But have never received anything from them. Did you get something in the mail?

They usually deliver it to your statement or email it to you. Did you get charged for it on your credit card?

Give RCL a call. They should have a record of it

txwildflower-You should have either an e-mail or paper confirmation with a reservation number for your open booking. Or, if you had booked the cruise you were on through a travel agent, that TA should have received notification of the reservation number.

This new policy is certain to overload the loyalty ambassador on board. I for one would take out 2 next cruise certificates on the ship and come home and pick an itinerary or sit on it and wait for one to open up. I have had as many as 5 open cruises at 1 time. Now to get the full benefit you must pick a cruise and a date while on board. I hate the fact that you play by their rules and all RCL does is keep changing them. Well now, I guess they won't have my money to sit on while I make decisions as to where I want to go over the next couple of years.

This new policy is certain to overload the loyalty ambassador on board. I for one would take out 2 next cruise certificates on the ship and come home and pick an itinerary or sit on it and wait for one to open up. I have had as many as 5 open cruises at 1 time. Now to get the full benefit you must pick a cruise and a date while on board. I hate the fact that you play by their rules and all RCL does is keep changing them. Well now, I guess they won't have my money to sit on while I make decisions as to where I want to go over the next couple of years.

You could always sit and make a decision before your cruise, then book. It won't do you much good if your next cruise is 18 months out (which will be the case for us on Celebrity). On our 2nd Celebrity cruise, we're planning RCL a year later which will be close enough to book and get full ob credit.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

You could always sit and make a decision before your cruise, then book. It won't do you much good if your next cruise is 18 months out (which will be the case for us on Celebrity). On our 2nd Celebrity cruise, we're planning RCL a year later which will be close enough to book and get full ob credit.

The next cruise I'm taking is in May. Hopefully Quantam Summer 2015 opens this week. I will use a next cruise certificate to book the room I want then. If I wait until May then either room is gone or price goes up. This is the way RCL sold me on it and it worked fine for me the old way.

The constant changing of rules hasn't done a whole lot for customer service or the loyalty ambassadors either. They all seem to have a hard time keeping up. As soon as they think they have it straight there is another rule change.

It's getting a bit annoying to say the least.

Gina

The constant changing of rules hasn't done a whole lot for customer service or the loyalty ambassadors either. They all seem to have a hard time keeping up. As soon as they think they have it straight there is another rule change.

It's getting a bit annoying to say the least.

Gina

I understand, Gina. I have friends that used to book quite a ways in advance of thier trip, now are waiting till after final payment period, on cruises that still have enough open cabins, and when the price finally comes down, they book.

Royal Caribbean, in my humble estimation, really does not want their loyal customers anymore, but would much rather have the first and second time customers, that spend more money onboard.

We just booked the Adventure for a TA, leaving next month, at a great price.

Their game becomes our game!!:D

Rick

I understand, Gina. I have friends that used to book quite a ways in advance of thier trip, now are waiting till after final payment period, on cruises that still have enough open cabins, and when the price finally comes down, they book.

Royal Caribbean, in my humble estimation, really does not want their loyal customers anymore, but would much rather have the first and second time customers, that spend more money onboard.

Rick

I think you are exactly right.

The next cruise I'm taking is in May. Hopefully Quantam Summer 2015 opens this week. I will use a next cruise certificate to book the room I want then. If I wait until May then either room is gone or price goes up. This is the way RCL sold me on it and it worked fine for me the old way.

I like the old way too, but only purchase 1 next cruise last month, our first RCL cruise. Had I known the policy would change, I would have purchased more! When you sail Quantam in 2015, maybe you can book a cruise on board and save obc like you used to.

Rick

You have that right.

We have nothing set in stone beyond this year. The few must dos we have booked for this year have the flights booked and paid for so we're doing them. We have decided that the few cruises booked for next year we will wait on either booking flights right before final payment or canceling the cruises. I've noticed a sudden spike in just released cruise prices so we'll just sit and wait for prices to drop. I don't mind paying a little more for flights in exchange for a huge savings on a cruise. The flights I watch rarely go up much in price. We are fortunate to have the flexibility in our schedule that we can plan this way.

We do like land based vacations and have found that our hotel loyalty has been paying off in a big way. We rarely don't get a hotel room upgrade for free and executive/concierge access is a bonus when we don't want to go out to eat - usually it's available 3 meals a day.

I do love cruising. I don't love having to be back on board when we are having a good time on land. Some of the port stops have been far too short, even being shortened after the cruise is paid for.

Actually we have been making a point of spending more on board, thinking of it as a way to contribute to revenue while having a good time at the same time. We are making a point of booking specialty dining quite often including the chef's table on every ship it's available. I just can't bring myself to book excursions most of the time because being a part of the herd isn't our idea of fun. We prefer to go it alone or with a small group of friends.

I actually put a few dollars into a slot machine last cruise...so unlike me. :eek:

I have seen more and more rooms being given away to gambling groups on board. And less and less upgrades given to loyalty guests. I think it would be really if they gave out a few upgrades 3 weeks prior to the cruise as they did in the past, rather than dropping the price so much at the last minute for new bookings. But if that's their game I guess you are right and we should just say, "game on." ;)

Gina