Brilliance of the Seas: soda confiscated

Just boarded Brilliance of the Seas and they confiscated our 2/6 packs diet Pepsi bottles. We have sailed on 16 cruises, 3rd and last with Royal Caribbean. I know it is their policy, however we have never had any bottled soda taken on any previous cruises. .

Just boarded Brilliance of the Seas and they confiscated our 2/6 packs diet Pepsi bottles. We have sailed on 16 cruises, 3rd and last with Royal Caribbean. I know it is their policy, however we have never had any bottled soda taken on any previous cruises. .

How was the rest of the cruise?

Sorry you were disappointed. Like you said, it is their policy but this is also the height of Spring Break and I'm sure they are enforcing more than they might usually do. Is this your last RCI cruise because they took your soda, or you had already planned not to sail with them again? Curious.

It is policy on all the mass market cruise lines. I guess you wont be cruising anytime soon again :rolleyes:

Edited by jp30338

It seems you just joined CC to complain about your Pepsi loss. Too bad as it's been reported many times that during spring break they very often do enforce the no beverage rule. So, you will no longer cruise with RCI because of this? Pretty petty if you otherwise enjoy a product. What else disturbs you?

It is policy on all the mass market cruise lines. I guess you wont be cruising anytime soon again :rolleyes:

Per Carnival's website:

"On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less."

Were all the bottles sealed? Cans might have been a better idea on a spring break cruise since so many people smuggle alcohol in soda bottles and pretty much every other type of bottle.

OP- you've answered your own question - it's not allowed that's why. What if you drove 95 mph in a 65 mph zone for 10 years and were never stopped. Then, out of the blue, a cop pulls you over and tickets you. Should they let you go because they didn't catch you in the 10 previous years??? Didn't think so...

I totally understand! We are Coke drinkers (addicts, really). Pepsi products are a no go, we don't care for them at all. OP is a Pepsi drinker and RCI only sells Coke products. She isn't wanting to bring on something that can be purchased onboard.

OP- you've answered your own question - it's not allowed that's why. What if you drove 95 mph in a 65 mph zone for 10 years and were never stopped. Then, out of the blue, a cop pulls you over and tickets you. Should they let you go because they didn't catch you in the 10 previous years??? Didn't think so...

But what if the cop witnessed you driving 95 in a 65 for 10 years and he let you go by every time. Then he decides to pull you over and give you a ticket. Do you think that is fair….I don't think so…

I took a 12 pack of soda last week on Indy. I sure many others did as well.

I'm just waiting for the real whackos to come out and say you should have been kicked off for trying to smuggle stuff on and are a cheapskate.

I know water and soda is verboten. I check it curbside and if it makes it to my room great, and if not I knew that was the risk potential. I'd guess this is because of spring break and that the policy is typically much more lax.

I cannot imagine getting that bent out of shape over a few soft drinks when I already know I'm breaking the rules to bring them. Definitely an over reaction. :rolleyes:

Even more interesting she has been a member for two years, she just boarded the ship today and she takes the time to make her first post to complain and threaten not to cruise on Royal again. What a wonderful attitude to start a vacation.

We usually bring a package of bottled water and sometimes cola in cans. We know that they might be confiscated when we bring them on board, especially the few times we've cruised during Spring Break.

Edited by temple1

I love these threads. How many times do people ask if they can take drinks on board and practically every response has the disclaimer, 'It's against the rules but...' Not sure why anyone would complain especially on their first post. It's just too funny. :D

But what if the cop witnessed you driving 95 in a 65 for 10 years and he let you go by every time. Then he decides to pull you over and give you a ticket. Do you think that is fair….I don't think so…

I took a 12 pack of soda last week on Indy. I sure many others did as well.

You have the analogy wrong. It would be more like one cop lets you get by going 95 in a 65 for 10 years, but one day another cop is there instead and he nabs you.

Not all employees of the cruise lines are going to react in the same way all the time. This time she got caught. She lost $10 worth of diet Pepsi. She has chosen this to get upset about and "ruin" her cruise.

Good riddance. What we don't need on cruise ships is more people with bad attitudes!

And as for "fair", as my mother used to tell me, life isn't fair, get over it!

Posts like this just leave me shaking my head in bewilderment. She's been a member here for two years, and decides to make her maiden contribution to the vast body of knowledge that is CC a kvetch about soda?

Seriously? :confused:

...and not being able to bring some soda on board is the reason?? (Which by the way is a stated policy). Wow!

I totally understand! We are Coke drinkers (addicts, really). Pepsi products are a no go, we don't care for them at all. OP is a Pepsi drinker and RCI only sells Coke products. She isn't wanting to bring on something that can be purchased onboard.

Thanks for looking at the situation for what it is and being reasonable! which is rare nowadays on here. One of the passengers traveling with us on Allure in a couple weeks always take just one Pepsi 6 pack of the little bottles sealed in the plastic it comes with.

They really love there Pepsi and if they don't have a Pepsi once in a while they get migraine etc. They have been on allure 4 times in the past year always had no problem . Does anyone think they will have a chance to bring just One sealed 6 pack of the tiny bottles on sailing April 6th

Also to all you people who are like oh your a one time poster etc. A large amount of people who look on CC do just that look. Some don't create an account until they feel need to mostly because people on here flame posters over the littlest things.

A lot of the time when Poster only post one time is they just wanted to let people know something they might like to be aware of and know what response they will get for posting what ever they post. The reason they don't respond is they don't want to waste there lives defending themselves on a online forum when they could be doing god knows what. We all use to be a first time poster

Sailing away now, yes My husband and I are Pepsi addicts. I usually don't post, this will probably be my last till I return from this cruise. I didn't mean to spark such backlash. Like I stayed we only had 2/6packs of bottles. My husband is quite adamant on not sailing RCCI again, we'll see. Sailing to Key West now. Thank you to those who posted kind remarks.

Sailing away now, yes My husband and I are Pepsi addicts. I usually don't post, this will probably be my last till I return from this cruise. I didn't mean to spark such backlash. Like I stayed we only had 2/6packs of bottles. My husband is quite adamant on not sailing RCCI again, we'll see. Sailing to Key West now. Thank you to those who posted kind remarks.

Id almost bet you wont face near the scrutiny with security if you buy you a couple of sixers of Diet Pepsi in Key West and bring them onboard with you. Worth a try anyway :)

Over soda????