Kid "staples" in MDR?

I feel like I've seen the question before, but I'm not sure what to put in for search terms to find the answer.

So...

Are kid "staples" (chicken strips, pizza, mac & cheese, etc) available for dinner in the MDR. This is on Freedom if that makes a difference.

Sometimes my kids are willing to try something new, but if they're not, or if they don't like the regular offerings, I'd like to be able to get them SOMETHING they'll eat.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='S.A.M.J.R.']I feel like I've seen the question before, but I'm not sure what to put in for search terms to find the answer.

So...

Are kid "staples" (chicken strips, pizza, mac & cheese, etc) available for dinner in the MDR. This is on Freedom if that makes a difference.

Sometimes my kids are willing to try something new, but if they're not, or if they don't like the regular offerings, I'd like to be able to get them SOMETHING they'll eat.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Just search on "kids menu". I would have done it but my laptop died and my kindle doesn't like the search function for some reason.

You can also get something special if you want. For example we asked on the 1st night about applesauce and from then on every night when we got to our table there was a big bowl of applesauce waiting.

[quote name='S.A.M.J.R.']I feel like I've seen the question before, but I'm not sure what to put in for search terms to find the answer.

So...

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there are also sides that kids will eat that can be ordered anytime. Rice, mashed potatoes, baked potato, french fries, veggies (broccoli, green beans, etc), plain pasta. You can also request fruit. I have one boy who was he was about 12 would order just a baked potato for dinner at a lot of restaurants. Edited by BND

On the other hand it might be a great time to get them to expand their tastes since you can order something else if they don't like what they get. Better than paying for something and them not eating it.

When did those get to be considered staples anyway? Didn't kids still eat before chicken strips existed? lol.

Good to know. I have a son who currently lives on hot dogs and bagels, as well as a daughter who lives on chicken nuggets and baked potatoes. As much as we've tried to expand their culinary preferences, they refuse to try much of anything else.

[quote name='CntPAcruiser']"Didn't kids still eat before chicken strips existed? lol."

To quote which great comedian, I forget:

"In my family we had two choices for dinner every night--take it, or leave it!"[/QUOTE]

Hey, you get to eat whatever you want on a cruise so why can't the kids do the same?:D

My 10-year-old daughter loved the roasted chicken breast on the main menu. It's one of the staples offered every night. It was her go to meal ... Along with whatever chilled fruit soup was offered.

It's a good choice if your kids want to try something off the adult menu.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[quote name='A2Mich']Good to know. I have a son who currently lives on hot dogs and bagels, as well as a daughter who lives on chicken nuggets and baked potatoes. As much as we've tried to expand their culinary preferences, they refuse to try much of anything else.[/QUOTE]

I had kids like that once then made the mistake of taking them to Chops. They now want the Chops filet every night. Edited by Ourusualbeach

[quote name='Ourusualbeach']I had kids like that once then made the mistake of taking them to Chops. They now want the Chops filet every night.[/quote]

LOL Yeah , my son LOVES steak, but probably loves Ketchup more than anything.. and he is 11!

[quote name='BND']Hey, you get to eat whatever you want on a cruise so why can't the kids do the same?:D[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Agree! A cruise is not the best time to [U]insist[/U] children try new things.
Let them enjoy their cruise. :D
LuLu
~~~ [/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks for posting the menus :D

Kids are going on their first cruise in October and it is great to know that there will always be something they like, but will also be offering them the chance to look at the main menu too.

Will be careful not to mention they can have more than one of anything....or they will eat half the ships stock!!! :rolleyes: