Length of Time for Response from Princess Customer Relations?

geoherb

What is the usual length of time for Princess customer relations to answer a complaint? I have a complaint about the shore excursion we took two weeks ago on the Ruby. I tried to resolve it on the ship. The shore excursion manager sent me a letter in response to my written complaint (two days later) saying that he was unable to get in touch with the excursion operator and would pass along my complaint to Princess's offices in California. I followed up last week with an email to Princess customer relations.

Edited by geoherb

It depends a lot on volume. Given the issues at Bayport this past week, I am sure they are a little overloaded right now as well.

Also, issues are prioritized, current and short-time upcoming cruise issues go first, since they have a time frame to resolve.

As long as you received the auto-acknowledgement they got it, they usually will respond, but for a non-critical issue, 2 to 3 weeks is not unheard of.

What is the usual length of time for Princess customer relations to answer a complaint? I have a complaint about the shore excursion we took two weeks ago on the Ruby. I tried to resolve it on the ship. The shore excursion manager sent me a letter in response to my written complaint (two days later) saying that he was unable to get in touch with the excursion operator and would pass along my complaint to Princess's offices in California. I followed up last week with an email to Princess customer relations.

It can take quite a while. We received a personal telephone call about 3 -4 weeks after we had sent an email query.

The customer services representative answered the question and we had very pleasant, productive, and helpful discussion on other Princess perks.

When we emailed Customer Relations we received an email return the next day saying someone would get back to us with the next 10 days. On the 10th day we received a phone call and a resolution.

Edited by xavier
typo

I had a few issues of concern during a recent Princess cruise and sent an email letter along with supporting pictures. My TA said it could take anywhere from a few days to a month, depending on the severity of the issues from their point of view. He also said a well worded, fully documented letter that is not filled with negativity, seems to go to the top of a cruise line's response list.

Amazingly, I received a telephone call from Customer Relations within the week. This call included a conversation about HQ's contact with the ship, to whom they spoke, and what has been implemented to address my concerns. Princess took my letter very seriously and went over and above what I expected as a response. Very impressed, especially with a FCC, something I never requested or anticipated.

Oh, notice I did not say complaint........

Re: Shorex - ugh! Got to keep in mind that cruise lines are not running their own shore excursions. They are akin to middlemen. I have not had the best of luck with ship sponsored shore excursions and complaining post cruise has been a waste of my time. If something cannot be resolved on the ship, very small chance resolving a problem once home. Yes, I've had some good ship sponsored tours, and some really bad ones, too. Same goes when I've done independent tours.

Darcy

Thanks. As I mentioned, I tried to resolve the complaint while on the ship. I filled out a written complaint form and turned it in at the shore excursion desk. That was after talking to the shore excursion rep immediately after the tour. One of my complaints now is that the shore excursion manager did not resolve my complaint. I did not get his letter until the afternoon the last day of our cruise. I don't really care that he was not able to contact the tour provider. His representative knew that the info I complained about was true. He confirmed that fact.

I realize that Princess arranges shore excursions with private vendors. But sooner or later, Princess has to take responsibility when the actual tour doesn't match up with the description. In our case, we missed out on a significant portion of what we were promised. My complaint is both to be reimbursed for what we missed and to help Princess and the tour provider to make the tour better for future cruisers.

When we emailed Customer Relations we received an email return the next day saying someone would get back to us with the next 10 days. On the 10th day we received a phone call and a resolution.

We had the same experience with the email and received a call within a week. It took about another 3 weeks until everything was fully resolved (could see the sizeable credit on 'my Princess') but I found customer service very easy to work with.

Edited by capriccio

Don't hold your breath. :(

Thanks. As I mentioned, I tried to resolve the complaint while on the ship. I filled out a written complaint form and turned it in at the shore excursion desk. That was after talking to the shore excursion rep immediately after the tour. One of my complaints now is that the shore excursion manager did not resolve my complaint. I did not get his letter until the afternoon the last day of our cruise. I don't really care that he was not able to contact the tour provider. His representative knew that the info I complained about was true. He confirmed that fact.

I realize that Princess arranges shore excursions with private vendors. But sooner or later, Princess has to take responsibility when the actual tour doesn't match up with the description. In our case, we missed out on a significant portion of what we were promised. My complaint is both to be reimbursed for what we missed and to help Princess and the tour provider to make the tour better for future cruisers.

Once in Grand Cayman we were put on a different excursion that what we booked -- long story I won't bore you with -- but in the end, they made it right at the excursion desk onboard the ship. I guess we were lucky. There were so many upset people lined up that day, when it came to our turn I simply said 'here's what we booked, here's what we got, can you refund the difference?' I think he was so happy that I wasn't yelling at him like so many others in the line, that he happily and quickly refunded us the difference.

I hope you get resolution to your issue quickly -- good luck!

Thanks again for the responses. I'll follow up with a mailed letter if I don't hear back in a couple of additional weeks. Once again, it seems so simple to me. The brochure promised us something that we did not receive. It was 90 minutes on the itinerary, a significant portion of the excursion. I was specific in what I want--50 percent refunded.

I had a message on my answering machine yesterday afternoon from a Princess customer service rep when I got home from work. It was exactly one week after I emailed my complaint. I tried calling her back but missed her. It was about five minutes before her regular hours were supposed to be over. I'll call back later today.

I got a call from the Princess rep six days after I reported the issue. I couldn't answer when she called, but when I called back, she called me back within an hour. (This was Monday)

They made good on the issue.

I had a message on my answering machine yesterday afternoon from a Princess customer service rep when I got home from work. It was exactly one week after I emailed my complaint. I tried calling her back but missed her. It was about five minutes before her regular hours were supposed to be over. I'll call back later today.

1 week, not bad. I have found on average 2 weeks. Good luck.

Well, it turned out no news yet. The representative who left me the message on my answering machine was not in when I called today at lunch. Her voicemail message is still from yesterday, so I'm guessing she's not in at all today. And apparently Princess's voicemail system is set up so that you can't request to speak with another customer service rep. I tried punching a few different keys on my phone that work with some voicemail systems (0, #, *) to get you to a live person. They did not work.

Well, it turned out no news yet. The representative who left me the message on my answering machine was not in when I called today at lunch. Her voicemail message is still from yesterday, so I'm guessing she's not in at all today. And apparently Princess's voicemail system is set up so that you can't request to speak with another customer service rep. I tried punching a few different keys on my phone that work with some voicemail systems (0, #, *) to get you to a live person. They did not work.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say they refund you the entire excursion.

Good luck. I'm still waiting for a response may weeks after advising that my promised OBC for my upcoming cruise does not appear on my account. Will see if I can resolve when ship-board since I don't expect to hear from them in the next few weeks.

Good luck. I'm still waiting for a response may weeks after advising that my promised OBC for my upcoming cruise does not appear on my account. Will see if I can resolve when ship-board since I don't expect to hear from them in the next few weeks.

Onboard they will tell you they have to check with HQ.

The customer service rep just returned my call. She agreed that we missed a significant portion of our excursion and we'll be receiving 50 percent back, which is the amount I asked for in my email. She also expressed some frustration that the shore excursion manager did not resolve my complaint while we were on the cruise.

The customer service rep just returned my call. She agreed that we missed a significant portion of our excursion and we'll be receiving 50 percent back, which is the amount I asked for in my email. She also expressed some frustration that the shore excursion manager did not resolve my complaint while we were on the cruise.

I am surprised due to the run around you got, but glad you got the 50%.

This is a good thread. I am hoping that I never have to go through that but now I know if I do what to expect.

DH and I had one experience with a tour via Princess and am happy to say all was good.

Thanks for the information and I hope I never have to use it.:cool: