Just a simple poll about ties

beachbum53

Just a simple poll about ties  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Just a simple poll about ties

• Neck tie
    • Bow tie
    • No tie

If you wear a tie to dinner, whether on formal nights or any other night, which do you prefer? If you have a favorite, please describe it and / or post a photo. Thanks.

Edited by beachbum53

I do not wear a tux, so no bow tie for me. I wear a tie with my nave blue blazer. Quite frankly I would prefer to wear no tie at all. They really serve no purpose and are about as useful as screen doors on a submarine!:rolleyes:

I would prefer to wear no tie at all. They really serve no purpose and are about as useful as screen doors on a submarine!:rolleyes:

Not true. Ties prevent food drippings from staining my shirt. ;)

Edited by Jimnbigd

Quite frankly I would prefer to wear no tie at all. They really serve no purpose and are about as useful as screen doors on a submarine!

I don't know how useful you may find this, but lots of women find men in ties very attractive. Can you leverage that into something useful?

Edited by euro cruiser

I don't know how useful you may find this, but lots of women find men in ties very attractive. Can you leverage that into something useful?

Not really. We have been married for 42 years and I find no reason whatsoever to attract anyone other than my wife.;)

Bow tie with Tux OR Bolo.

Regular necktie with Dress Shirt, (with or without jacket)

Bolo Tie when feeling Southwestern. (I have about 6 various ones including a rare Pacific Northwest Indian Silver one)

I am taking my BF and several other friend (their first cruise) on my next cruise in August on the Carnival Magic, I know he doesn't have a suit or a tux, he is a country boy, starched wrangler and button down shirts, nice cowboy boots, he has one pair of slacks that I know of and I can can buy him a shirt and tie, does he need to to the whole jacket business?

Edited by Matlily

I am taking my BF and several other friend (their first cruise) on my next cruise in August on the Carnival Magic, I know he doesn't have a suit or a tux, he is a country boy, starched wrangler and button down shirts, nice cowboy boots, he has one pair of slacks that I know of and I can can buy him a shirt and tie, does he need to to the whole jacket business?

He'll be fine without a jacket. You're likely to see several men not wearing a jacket on Formal Night. In fact, don't be surprised if you see some not wearing a tie either.

He'll be fine without a jacket. You're likely to see several men not wearing a jacket on Formal Night. In fact, don't be surprised if you see some not wearing a tie either.

Not a fan of the tie/shirt option...looks too much like a store manager :eek:

Found myself smiling at a few responses as I call the more common tie a long tie where several called it a neck tie. If you contrast a bow tie with a nick tie, it sounds to me like you put the bow tie some other place. I am not judging here but am observing.

For the record, I once owned a bow tie. I wonder where it is? All formal events for me get a long tie.

Store manager ties are rayon or acetate. Formal events call for silk or wool.