Executive Chef : Paul Carroll

Eclipse Entertainment 4-5-14

===================

Perry Grant : Pianist / Entertainer

Parker Neil Duo : Contemporary Duo

Fusion : House Band

Ray Brown Jr : Jazz Quartet

DJ : Lenny

Strings : Still checking on this. Based on an earlier post, they should be onboard somewhere :)

Andy

Glad that you and your mother are having a great time on Eclipse.

Was saddened to read your news about Dominiique. However, when I emailed him he said that, although Lorenzo has moved to Royal, he has decided not to join him. I am not sure from the wording of his email if he has left Celebrity but I think that he may have to live in France again.

Hi Sue,

Thank you for the additional information. If I hear anything further, I will certainly post on this thread. Wishing Dominique all the best of success in whatever path he takes - hope he's still with Celebrity !

Hi Andy,

Thank you for taking time from your holiday to answer all our questions. I had been told Robert Sauer would be Ex. Chef on our TA on the 19th. Do you know if Ex.Chef Paul Carroll will be leaving after your cruise ? Thanks, Heather

Ok Andy on a lighter note

Rumors has it that there is a shortage of limes

Mrs. Has got to have her limes :eek:

We get on the Eclipse next Saturday for the trans. Crossing and may bring a bag full if they are not available... That's if they let us....

Thanks for the list of crew ..... Now we have a week to practice there names:)

We get on the Eclipse next Saturday for the trans. Crossing and may bring a bag full if they are not available... That's if they let us....

Bring your own limes if you require them. If you don't mind paying the current price, around $6/pound. There is a worldwide shortage.

Bring your own limes if you require them. If you don't mind paying the current price, around $6/pound. There is a worldwide shortage.

If there aren't any on the ship I wonder what you could sell them for to people on the ship who aren't Cruise Critic members and won't know until they board .

Might help pay for the cruise. :p ;)

Hi Andy,

Thank you for taking time from your holiday to answer all our questions. I had been told Robert Sauer would be Ex. Chef on our TA on the 19th. Do you know if Ex.Chef Paul Carroll will be leaving after your cruise ? Thanks, Heather

Robert did a most fine job with the food on our Jan.25'th cruise. Food was far superior to Cunard's Britannia in Quality/Taste/Quantity/Variety. We hope he'll be back next Jan. for our next potential trip on Eclipse.

If there aren't any on the ship I wonder what you could sell them for to people on the ship who aren't Cruise Critic members and won't know until they board .

Thanks for the smile! But the potential lack of limes has been a topic of serious discussion on the roll call for the upcoming Constellation TA.

And a great "thanks" to Host Andy for posting while trying to enjoy a vacation. Andy -- I've never met you but think that you are easily the best CC host on any of the forums I follow.

Eclipse Officer List (4-5-14)

==================

Master: Captain Panagiotis Skylogiannis

Staff Captain : Theocharis Charalampos

Chief Engineer : Georgios Spyrellis

Guest Relations Manager : Alana Abrahams

Hotel Director : Darren Tiller

Cruise Director : Sue Denning

Food & Beverage Manager : Cemal Ozcelik

Executive Chef : Paul Carroll

WOW! That is a great line up....top notch CD, a superstar Master of the ship, etc...

Northern Aurora

Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the smile! But the potential lack of limes has been a topic of serious discussion on the roll call for the upcoming Constellation TA.

And a great "thanks" to Host Andy for posting while trying to enjoy a vacation. Andy -- I've never met you but think that you are easily the best CC host on any of the forums I follow.

The remark was made tongue in cheek but the truth is if I were sailing and I really liked limes in my drinks I would be bringing a few on board with me.

As far as i know there are no restrictions for bringing fruit on board if you're boarding in a US port. The only problem is with taking fruit OFF the ship.

And I second the kudos to Host Andy.

Edited by chamima

We were on the previous Eclipse sailing and in the newspaper there was a article about a lime shortage. I mentioned it to the BT as there seemed to be plenty on board and almost seemed to be wasteful as how they were garnishing drinks with them.

Went to Costco yesterday to replenish our depleted pantry and wanted to buy some limes. Didn't see any. Asked the produce person and was told that they haven't had any for weeks.

🍸🍻

I have been seeing plenty lately at Publix but they are now going for .79 each. I guess it will come down to X wanting to pay the going rate.

Edited by cruisingator2

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick hello. We continue to have a very nice cruise on Eclipse. Sorry I've been a bit out of touch, but I had planned to do another update today, but the Internet was out for most of the day. I heard something about them trying out some new technology for the crew, and it knocked out the whole Internet system lol. Oh well - at least the Internet seems to be ok now (as of 2:25am).

I'm trying to obtain answers to as many of your questions as possible. Unfortunately, due to an extremely busy work week, I'm eating up internet minutes at a rapid clip, and may need to post answers after I return home. I will try to post earlier if possible.

Overall, the weather has been very good, other than a huge storm early in the cruise that had the ship rocking and rolling for one night.

I have some important insights to share about the MDR service, and drink packages. Will try to cover it on my next update - will try my best for tomorrow.

As always thank you for your very kind comments. It's what keeps me here on Cruise Critic.

I'm trying to obtain answers to as many of your questions as possible. Unfortunately, due to an extremely busy work week, I'm eating up internet minutes at a rapid clip, and may need to post answers after I return home. I will try to post earlier if possible.

Andy,

You are working on your cruise?!!!:eek:

I do hope the storm didn't prevent docking in Curaçao! I know there are passengers on board who are repeating the cruise we did last year, March 23-April 6'13, when we couldn't get in,due to high winds.

I do hope the Internet speed is faster, for all concerned, due to the improvements being made.

Andy,

You are working on your cruise?!!!:eek:

I do hope the storm didn't prevent docking in Curaçao! I know there are passengers on board who are repeating the cruise we did last year, March 23-April 6'13, when we couldn't get in,due to high winds.

I do hope the Internet speed is faster, for all concerned, due to the improvements being made.

Internet is fair, but not good enough, IMO.

That's the career path, that I chose over 30 years ago. I'm a Senior VP, and have hundreds of clients that count on me. Unfortunately, the financial markets turned south last week, and that always keeps me extremely busy - vacation, or not 《sigh》

I will try to post another update tonight.

Hi Everyone,

To the many who've posted & emailed about my Sister, Thank you. She's having her biopsy procedure tomorrow, and the surgery sometime during the week of the 21st. All we can do, is hope for the best outcome possible. Thanks again for your kindness !

Hi Everyone,

To the many who've posted & emailed about my Sister, Thank you. She's having her biopsy procedure tomorrow, and the surgery sometime during the week of the 21st. All we can do, is hope for the best outcome possible. Thanks again for your kindness !

Your sister is in my thoughts and prayers. Please enjoy your cruise, and BTW, loved the pictures you posted on twitter. :)

Hi Sue,

Thank you for the additional information. If I hear anything further, I will certainly post on this thread. Wishing Dominique all the best of success in whatever path he takes - hope he's still with Celebrity !

Andy

I second that sentiment. It would be great if you do get more information. As much as we love Dominique, we do find his written English challenging at times! Still, I doubt he would understand a word of my French!

Your sister is in my thoughts and prayers. Please enjoy your cruise, and BTW, loved the pictures you posted on twitter. :)

Hi drarill,

Thank you for your comments. I plan to post at least a few more photos on this sailing. If anyone would like to view the photos, my Twitter name is @HostAndy. I hope you will consider following me !

Hi drarill,

Thank you for your comments. I plan to post at least a few more photos on this sailing. If anyone would like to view the photos, my Twitter name is @HostAndy. I hope you will consider following me !

Hi Andy

Looked you up on Twitter, nice to be able to put a face to people.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Everyone,

For those asking about Sue Denning, she will be onboard Eclipse through June 7th, when she is currently scheduled to depart for vacation. As always, schedules are subject to change. Hope this is helpful !

For those asking about a string quartet, there isn't one on this sailing. Celebrity is offering a duo (Tango for 2), which is a violinist and an accordion player. From what I was told by more than 1 onboard source, the string quartets are not currently scheduled on Celebrity ships.