What NOT to miss on Ruby

gator582

We enjoyed breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the dining room. When it was closed for lunch when the ship was in port, we ate at the Horizon Court. That was good too. When we came back late from our excursion, we enjoyed the food at the International Cafe.

I ate the seafood entree every night. Each of them was very good except the macadamia-crusted one. It was like a big fish stick. I liked it better after pushing the crust to the side.

A lot of people enjoy the pub lunch. There's also a pub night show that a lot of people said was fun. I missed it.

loved the pizza served at the pool - at the same venue that serves waffles in the morning and ice cream in the afternoon.

walking around the deck after dark is a favorite as well as watching the pier runners!

I really enjoyed the Lotus Pool, it has one of those devices that allows you to swim against the current and easy access to the saunas.

I also really enjoyed the hot tub on Deck 17 that overlooked aft, one of the best views when leaving ports.

Kim

Stuffed olives? Blue cheese, anchovies? YUM.

Our room is aft, so it's nice to know about the hot tub!

We call that hot tub "Ted's Place" because on our transatlantic a guy named Ted was up there every night with a whole lot of beer :D We've been on the ship 5 times since then and I always look for Ted

On the larger ships, such as the Ruby, Emerald, Crown, etc., there is a secret door that leads out to a deck above the bridge. It's a great place to be during sailaway. Just go to the Lido deck and go all the way forward. You will see a door on either side. Go through those doors to another door that leads to a few steps leading to this deck. However, these doors are locked while at sea. It's way too windy and therefore dangerous

Enjoy your cruise and Ruby Gator. I would second the recommendation on IC - perfect spot to enjoy a morning coffee (using card for drip) with great pastries. On sea days & sail-away we enjoyed hanging out around the terrace pool area for a more relaxing area than main pools.

I enjoyed good workout at gym and free sauna and steam room in the locker room.We were told by one of the young ladies on spa tour there was no free sauna/steam room but I walked in men's locker room and it was there.not many were in there all four days

Our room was on Plaza deck about 20 steps to International Cafe,great donuts in the morning and good sandwiches and enjoyed shrimp salad.

The Piazza had good entertainment at different times,good spot for a cocktail,very relaxing.

On the rear of ship couple decks above Terrace pool,hot tub not many people used,quiet spot.

We enjoyed pub lunch at Wheelhouse.

I had red snapper dish one evening and was very good,recommend this as it was my best meal on four day anytime dining.bread at night was excellent.I believe Princess has an outstanding bakery.

So these stuffed olives are in the Adagio bar only?

They also have them at Crooners. Another nice lounge with piano entertainment, by the way.

But Adagio was a hidden secret on my sailing. It's the perfect lounge to relax for a nightcap.